Bed Bath & Beyond Reviews

1,274 Employee Reviews

1. decent place if immediate supervisor is good

Former Employee - Department Manager in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent work environment compared to other companies . You receive 20% off employee sale. If you are self motivated they offer lot of tools to grow the business if you are management. they don't offer any incentive if you exceed company goals.

Cons

They have some district managers who don't really care about hardworking managers . They are more concerned about how much they can make thus there is a tendency to terminate people who are passionate.

Advice to Management

People in upper management should pay more attention to employees working at the grass root level there is no reason to terminate a member of management who is growing the business you loose good employees by this act.

2. General management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and great people to work with, try to teach you about visuals and stocking standards. Great way to learn about products.

Cons

Long hours wanting you to go to other stores to get out of stocks, open most holidays so only care about the business not your family.

Advice to Management

If you worked for another retailer you are golden, more " if someone like's you they will promote you faster than the others that have worked there for years.

Awesome!

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Christiansburg, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Christiansburg, VA

Pros

I was always given a lot of hours and the management was always very supportive. I was given good direction and I have no complaints.

Cons

There aren't really any cons that I have!

5. Fast paced environment

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Always opportunity to advance if you're willing to be flexible and show up for work. Good health benefits and 401K for full time.

Cons

Not a lot of hours for part time cashiers. Corporate office is out of touch with the field and will not spend money to make money.

Advice to Management

Give the stores better resources to do their jobs.

6. Customer service

Former Employee - Customer Service in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting and helping new people each day not knowing how much you can change a person just by a simple hello or with a friendly smile.

Cons

Not really anything negative to say just know what type of work you do and with that you should prepare yourself to overcome all bad situations.

Advice to Management

Let's try and be more open to ideas from your team members. Also try and be more available to the customers as well as the employees because they may need to ask a question or have to deal with something that cause for more assistance.

7. Not Bad

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Livingston, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Livingston, NJ

Pros

Very clean and inviting workspace

Cons

Not always the friendliest employees

8. boring

Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocking
    Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocking

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount was alright. Got along with most employees. If it wasn't for my bubbly personality this job is bad I just needed at the moment now I work some where ten times better!

Cons

Here are the cons: To many managers. Not to many people work efficiently here. So if they find some one that can work they will work you like a dog and act like it is totally okay to do so. Asking for help sometimes was a waste it more so like do it yourself. High turnover rate....way to high. They give you all this bull like employees are respected. I was there for 9 months they only ordered lunch once for us that was for Thanks Giving. Only upper management ordered lunch for them selves but not associates. Kinda racist they don't have a multi cultural base at all .. It didn't bother me just found it very weird . The pay sucks for all the work you do. The whole store is a hazard literally lol its not like home depot or lowes with with high safe shelving.... Stuff could easily break. Very lazy people thats all I can say CUSTOMERS WHERE HORRIBLE 60% of the time LITERALLY. If your not a ppl person like myself and can stand your ground you will fail. You can smell the fake ness from the door but if you need a job to get you by you can do it.

Advice to Management

Update every thing! Stop with coupons customers should have a card they show to automatically get 20% off all items it should be like a member ship like bjs. Stop putting so many ppl in charge like as to why would that make sense to have 5 ppl in charge of 1 department. Hire ppl who want to work.

9. Horrible

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time

Pros

co workers break room finding about new products before they hit the shelves seeing whats going on clearance next

Cons

cheap 20% employee discount must get beyond orders constantly even on slow days bridezillas gossiping ! gossiping! gosssipingggg! cheap raise cheap pay dont understand if theres no transit running because of a snow storm you have no way of getting there! i can go on and on..

Advice to Management

treat your employees right

Cashier Review

Former Employee - Cashier, Customer Service in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier, Customer Service in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Sell a variety of different products that are interesting to learn about. Good hours with a fair hourly wage provided to employees.

Cons

Management always asks you to stay later than your assigned shift which makes it hard to say no regardless of other plans that you may have already had.

Advice to Management

Have better organization with schedule and personnel to prevent needing to ask employees to always have to stay later than their designated end of shift.

11. I most of the time love my job.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Customer service is top priority. We take care of our customers no matter what.

Cons

Not enough hours to complete the job the way they want it. No hourly associate is allowed more than 25 hours because of benefits regulations. This makes creating reliable and knowledgeable associates extremely difficult. You can't be awesome at a job when you barely have time to get your feet wet.

Advice to Management

Don't be so tight with hour allocation. You have to spend money to make money and your store associates are the ones that really make you that money. If floor associates do nothing but sell there has to be a support staff to merchandise, recover, and perform all other processes.

Showing 1,274 of 1,280 reviews