Bed Bath & Beyond Reviews

Updated April 30, 2015
1056 reviews filtered by

1. Okay.

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

Good co workers, decent company. Okay management

Cons

End of year hours cut for part timers

2. Great and interesting place to work:):):)

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in East Hanover, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in East Hanover, NJ

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

Meeting people :):):) Helping people find the correct item:):)

Cons

The hours you worked changed a lot--Morning to night

Advice to Management

Hire more peolple

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's fast moving company. They start you out above minimum wage. There is room for advancement.

Cons

The management team needs better training on how to deal with employees. There needs to be training about how to combat racism in the work place. Respect for the employees needs to happen. There is an issue with not respecting an employees availability. The pay does not equal the work load.

Advice to Management

Learn how to positively run a business. Employees are the reason this business is still thriving. Treating them less than is unacceptable.

Opportunity if you're willing to put in the work

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

If you pride yourself in great customer service, merchandising, competitiveness, and bring a positive attitude you will do well. Plenty of opportunity to move up as well.

Cons

you will work long hours and they have very high expectations. It can be difficult if you get lazy and you really have to be on top of your toes during peek business hours. It can get crazy when you aren't allowed to have lines.

Advice to Management

Maintain a positive outlook at all times. If you're positive and constantly coming up with ideas to help the company grow they will reward you.

Could be better.

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

The job is easy to learn, and management is willing to help.

Cons

Company doesn't have a clear path if you are looking for better opportunities.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes.

Very customer friendly place to work, must greet everyone you see, helps if you already have housewares knowledge.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like providing customer service, this is the place for you. There are not a lot of projects, there is filling and zoning, and the customer is always the main priority.

Cons

The product training is ok and could be much more in depth for what they are selling. They spend about 30 minutes at each section and then you are considered to an expert.

Advice to Management

I didn't really interact with upper management.

8. Good first job

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond

Pros

Flexibility, work life balance, discounts, culture, good management will help you out when you need it, some mangers should act as mangers and do there job

Cons

Overworked,under payed, pushing items to sell or get written up, could provide more perks for full time workers who have families

Advice to Management

Promations and job growth

9. Great environment, and people

Former Employee - Sales Floor in La Quinta, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor in La Quinta, CA

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome co workers(in my store), Discount was 10%, The customers are usually real down to earth, and nice. Very easy job as most retail jobs. They don't ask for to much just work, and listen, and be friendly to everyone. The managers were great to work with. I never knew about Bed Bath & Beyonds return policy until i worked there. Awesome return policy, if you don't know. You can basically return anything even if you don't have a receipt. If it stops working 5 years from now they will replace, or exchange it.

Cons

Not much. Advancement is basic. Assistant, manager, senior manager, and with enough experience, and schooling, store manager. Not a place i would set up, and make a career from. Something more for younger people like myself looking for some cash.

Advice to Management

Management was great, i couldn't give anymore advice that i am sure their district managers already give. My store had awesome managers.

Catch up with your competitors!

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great customer relations when you are scheduled enough hours to interact with them! Great co-workers!

Cons

False promises, avoid communicating about real issues, preach daily for what's good for the management to be praised by higher up but the little guy is forgotten. Scheduled hours too uncertain, if hired to work 30+ hours, schedule should stay at least the 30 hours! Most competitors have changed minimum start wage to $9/hr with $10 after 6 month training completion!

Advice to Management

Appreciate those that work hard for you, promote from within, and train managers to mentor positively with all employees, don't play favorites, If someone isn't the right fit for the job then retrain or relieve them, don't be scared to pay unemployment (most wouldn't file anyway, would just get another job, wouldn't be enough money to eat off of for a week!) Show appreciation more than just when corporate goals are met!

11. Your BBB experience will vary greatly from store to store.

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier/Bridal Consultant in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier/Bridal Consultant in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at two different BBB's throughout the last five years. I had an amazing experience at the first one which is why when I needed a job in a new city I applied to another BBB. The first one taught me how to be a great salesman, made me a great people person, and gave me a lot of confidence in myself as an employee. The store worked like a well oiled machine and though it did have some turnover because a lot of the employees were college students, it was obvious that the managers really cared about their jobs and took the time to get to know their sales associates. There is a yearly raise based on your review.

Cons

I learned at my second BBB that while the company morals are supposed to apply to all stores, this depends on the managers. It turns out that the managers make or break your experience working at a BBB.

Advice to Management

The new policy of only allowing part time workers to work a maximum of 25 hours a week is going to cost BBB a lot of good employees. Not hiring good workers to be full time employees simply to avoid having to dole out benefits is a terrible waste of the time and energy the company is already putting into training new employees. At this rate, BBB is hiring great employees and then training them to be great employees at the next place that will give their workers benefits and full time hours.