www.beeline.com

Updated January 23, 2015
4.7

Beeline President Doug Leeby
Doug Leeby

Pros
  • They strive to provide the optimal work-life balance for each employee (in 18 reviews)

• Management Team has an open door policy, and is always willing to make the time to have discussions with the employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Beeline is growing and the expansion of our product has it's growing pains (in 10 reviews)

• With technology as the central focus, sometimes work-life balance takes a hit (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Best place I have ever worked, despite rowing pains

I have been working at Beeline full-time

Pros

Beeline is a very collaborative, family-oriented environment. When you become a member of this family, it is a privilege which you will soon come to recognize. They are very involved in the community as well as charities and also promote physical fitness and healthy lifestyles. Management is very open and your voice can be heard. I absolutely love my job here and plan on never leaving.

Cons

This company is suffering growing pains as it expands in the market. Like anything else, it will require some adjustments and endure some confusion or disillusion as this growth continues. Internal issues that were previously low on the list are now increasing in importance. As management struggles to adapt to the changing culture there have been some morale issues, but mainly among the younger employees who don't have as much experience in the real world workforce as some of the older employees. Beeline is trying to implement the Agile process which is quite a feat in itself, but management has not entirely bought into it which is causing some problems in office processes.

Agile is a wonderful methodology but it has to be implemented as all or nothing. Management must absolutely be 100% behind the implementation or it will fail miserably. That is where we are at this moment, setup to fail. As they try to implement some aspects of Agile on the Product side of the house, the Client side is not part of it. In order for Agile to be successful, Management MUST be involved in every phase, all employees need adequate training, and Agile Experts need to come into the office and hold our hands through the first few weeks of total Agile conversion. Total immersion and dedication is required to be successful; piecemeal will not work in this instance no matter what middle management may be conveying. I am a Type A perfectionist, and to sit here and watch this unfold is very sad and disheartening. Unfortunately, I am in no position to sway management at this time so I have no other choice but to suck it up and stay the course as our boat takes on water. It's pretty obvious that upper management is clueless about this methodology, so after the failure of this so called "Agile Implementation", we will be right back to square one. I am hopeful that it may force some needed changes and perhaps Agile will be taken more seriously by everyone if they attempt to implement it again in the future.

Awesome

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Beeline full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, family environment, great people, great software, great company

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Couldn't Imaging Working Anywhere Else....

Current Employee - Manager, Client Solution Center in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Manager, Client Solution Center in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Beeline full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beeline's culture is one-of-a-kind. It's a fun atmosphere with dedicated and hard working individuals who go above and beyond for a common goal. Life outside of work is respected and there is a focus on each individuals physical health, with such perks as gym membership reimbursement and group activities that promote fitness. Leadership is key. They support members of the team and company and department vision and principles. Simply stated, I love working here. Even on a really, really, really bad day.

Cons

There really aren't any cons worth mentioning. Any "con" I could mention would just be nit-picky.

I have been working at Beeline full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People - Honest hard working employees that really have show support at all times.
    Team atmosphere
    Worklife Balance

Cons

Office gets loud at times based on layout. Being addressed but still is loud

Keep up the good work. Look within for all openings before going outside.

Beeline is an engaging, fun, and productive work environment with a unique group of employees that lend to a fun culture

I have been working at Beeline full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative environment for solving business problems, work conditions are comfortable and accommodating. working with engaged colleagues and management on providing a vital product and service to our clients.

Cons

direction on career path and training is not fully defined by management/HR. need more focus on working cross functionally within the organization, and facilitating that collaboration.

An exceptional place to work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Beeline full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture with a focus on work/life balance, a macro-management approach, great training program and a fantastic culture of employees proud to be a part of Beeline. Community involvement and internal events promoting employee participation are a big plus.

Cons

Only being with the company less than a year I have yet to find any significant cons. So far this has been one of the best if not the best employer I have worked for in my career.

Keep it up! Constant focus on our current state and how we could be better is the reason Beeline is such a great company in the first place.

The workplace is great - Professional but relaxed environment.

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Beeline full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people, the culture and the environment. Some of the brightest most hard working minds I have had the opportunity to work with. Great people to work with at every level. Flexible and courtous in regards to work life balance. Challenging yet, not overwhelming.

Cons

Wish we had better benefit coverage of the recent past and salaries would increase.

Growing company of smart, dedicated employees

I have been working at Beeline full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A number of things stand out:
    - a fast paced culture of innovation
    - smart, friendly co-workers that care abt each other
    - opportunity for career growth
    - management teams that listen
    - culture that works hard but understands the need for balance

Cons

Fairly minor but none the less:
    - benefits could be improved
    - career growth could be mapped out more clearly
    - remote workers need to be looped in more (even if it's just on free coffee days)

A Great Place To Work

I have been working at Beeline full-time

Pros

- very laid back and fun culture
    - work hard play hard atmosphere
    - employees are friendly create a great team vibe
    - the first place I have worked in a while that I don't dread coming to work because of the work or the people
    - loyal employees

Cons

- like any company, no place is perfect
    - sometimes there is poor communication between departments but this is usually quickly corrected

Best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Beeline full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Almost too many to list...Work-life balance, work hard-play hard, casual dress, etc. There is a true sense of family and appreciation for everyone who works here. Probably the only company where I have been that has "guiding principles" and truly lives them. Doug Leeby is a super leader that really cares about fostering an awesome culture while driving company performance. Most everyone would run through a brick wall for him!

Cons

Beeline is making the transition from a small company doing everything it can to grow, to a stable mature organization that is scalable. The arrival of COO Autumn Vaupel has brought structure and process to Beeline that is really needed to take us to the next level.

Keep doing what you are doing, I love this place and bleed Beeline green!