Beelineweb.com

Beelineweb.com Reviews

3.4

Beelineweb.com CEO Ched Gaglardi
Ched Gaglardi

A unique and rewarding workplace for those who are dedicated to the quality of their work

I have been working at Beelineweb.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beelineweb.com is a small company with great values. They provide impressive perks and incentives like paid work out breaks, regular time with a personal trainer, trips, and bonuses. Compensation and benefits are also very generous. Depending on your individual skills, you could take on different responsibilities/roles within the company so that your work life stays dynamic and interesting.

There is a strong investment in employee satisfaction and individuals' health here. Also, there is a closeness amongst the employees that makes coming to work more enjoyable... no matter who you run into in the kitchen, it's always nice to have a quick chat!

We've got a solid team of really awesome people here, and I'm really grateful to be part of it!

Cons

If you aren't invested in the quality of your work, chances for success aren't great...

Worst Job Ever!

I worked at Beelineweb.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Clean, modern building, eco friendly. Good coffee, nice atmosphere.

Cons

It's the kind of place where they would prefer you to email them with a question even if you are right beside the person you're speaking with. No noise, rigid rules about everything, they don't hire janitors and instead have their qualified staff clean the place from top to bottom daily. One manager in particular is very melodramatic, everytime something happens that she doesn't approve of, three employees rush into her office to have a meeting about it, this goes on constantly. I've never witnessed micromanaging on this level before.
    Family is very odd, vegan lifestyle is pushed on you from the start, new employees are treated in a demeaning manner by young staff, very little training then thrown into the most intense workload, expected to stay after hours daily and not to make any mistakes. The entire family eats together ignoring the rest of the staff, they encourage employees whom they can control and get rid of any who stand up to their policies or inconsistencies. If you aren't open to the vegan lifestyle don't even bother!

Karma's gonna get you. You can't treat people the way you do and expect to have the respect of the community! Word travels fast in small towns.

An exceptional, creative, great place to work.

Former Employee - Web Developer in Lake Country, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Lake Country, BC (Canada)

I worked at Beelineweb.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

To put these comments into perspective, there was recently a restructuring at Beelineweb.com which resulted in some jobs being eliminated. One of them was mine.
    Beeline is a great place to work. They hire excellent staff and do their best to treat them well. The management truly care about the well being of their staff. The company provides free fruit, a vast variety of teas, an awesome self-serve espresso machine, and your birthday off. They also provide 150 minutes a week of paid (yes paid) time to work out in the company gym as well as regular sessions with a personal trainer. They work in a modern spacious green building.
    A large component of the company culture is mutual respect. Beeline is a place where people of a variety of faiths coexist. Also a large proportion of staff are vegan, some vegetarian and some omnivores. I learned some awesome vegan recipes and enjoyed quite tasty potluck meals there. The mutual respect extends beyond the office. Each client is valued and given the quality service they have come to expect from Beeline. But woe to the client that disrespects any of the staff. Management has been known to personally talk with such clients and inform them that such behaviour is not tolerated.
    Something to be aware of is that it is a family company and that can’t help but influence the working environment; however, I’d have to say it is mostly in a good way. The company has a family feel about it.
    I would be remiss if I did not mention that we received some awesome bonuses last year. I won’t say what they were as it will probably be different each year, and it also depends on the economy.
    So, if you are looking for a great company to work for, consider Beelineweb.com.

Cons

Beeline is not perfect. One thing that is puzzling is the insistence that staff are at their desks ready to work at the start time, but there is no acknowledgement of any extra time worked.

Not recommended! Cons outweigh Pros

I worked at Beelineweb.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Comfortable and wonderful office space
    - Generous cash bonuses and gifts from owners (even trips to California & Hawaii with our families paid for)
    - Organic fruit delivery weekly + great organic loose leaf tea, espresso & coffee with all fixings provided
    - Paid fitness breaks at the private on-site gym several times a week, and they hire a personal trainer for their staff (the owners pay for this!)
    - The health benefits provided are top of the line
    - Psychologist assessment during second or third interview; a really great idea for a small company! It shows they don't want just anyone working with their team. However, I think she has since stopped doing this job for the company
    - Wages are fairly decent, but could certainly be better for the stresses of the job and atmosphere
    - The owners really do have good hearts deep down

Cons

- Extreme micromanaging
    - Workload is many times quite heavy; therefore you are either staying late (which you are asked not to do, because they don't like paying overtime), so you are rushed into finishing for deadlines and then the likelihood of errors increase which are not tolerated at all. Perfection is expected, but impossible to live up to.
    - Vegan/vegetarian management judging non-veggies in the office negatively, and occasionally scolding those who bring in "smelly" non-veggie food
    - Janitorial chores weekly (daily for some employees lower on the totem pole)
    - Indoor cameras. I don't understand the need for these? 13-15 people work here, nearly half of which are family members. Where's the trust?
    - Ex-employee criticizing
    - Wipe your feet, and use your library voice...or get chastised.
    - As another reviewer wrote; the expectation to be at your workstation on time (or early), but no direct recognition for overtime. Reprimanded if you are even 2 or 3 minutes late sitting down with your face into work.
    - I could go on with more detailed points, but many are with regards to one or two individuals of management, which is not allowed on this site. I now know what kind of manager I cannot work for, and what kind of manager I will never be.

This advice is given with hope that I can help other employees at the company...I have nothing left to gain or lose, so please take this only as constructive feedback.

Let go of some control over your employees. Micromanage less. A lot less. Treat all employees fairly, and don't judge uniqueness of employees; past and present. Stop expecting perfection, and go easy on things when they aren't 100% accurate. Things get missed; especially in the detailed work. Consider hiring a professional cleaning team, and if not, please stop sweating the small stuff when the baseboards aren't clean enough for your liking. It's not the end of the world.

The frequent employee turnover should be an indication that something needs to change.

I also want to note that you do have some great benefits to your company...and the pros really are amazing! Thank you for the learning experience; and I have learned a lot.

The Okanagan's Best Employer

I have been working at Beelineweb.com full-time

Pros

- Well above average salaries
    - Comprehensive benefits plan
    - Plenty of perks (paid workout breaks, personal trainer, birthday off with pay)
    - The owners are good listeners and act quickly to address problems.
    - Genuine commitment to sustainability and the environment. (Only place I have worked that does not have a photocopier.)
    - Talented and dedicated employees. Only the best stay, the rest burn out quickly or are terminated. It might seem harsh, but I don't like working with incompetent people who don't clean up their own messes.
    - Core values align well with my own
    - Bonuses are calculated after taxes.

Cons

All employees share the janitorial responsibilities. (To be fair, they did try several different commercial cleaning companies but none of them were able to consistently meet the high standards required.)

The cost of a bad hire are incalculable: Trust your instincts more.

I have been working at Beelineweb.com

Pros

Beelineweb.com is an average place to work. Average pay, decent benefits, decent office space, average employees and average management. Nothing special.

Cons

Expectations are high for average to low pay, turnover is fairly high, micromanaging can be a problem, as well as dramatic office politics.

I do not have much advice for them, overall they are doing an all right job. Maybe consider trying to increase employee retention and micromanage a little bit less. Trust in your employees.

Rewarding and Interesting

I have been working at Beelineweb.com

Pros

- Great Benefits (medical, dental, vision, massage, etc.)
    - 30 minutes daily paid work out break
    - Pays above industry standard
    - Interesting and dynamic work
    - Friendly Staff
    - Generous with time off and random bonuses

Cons

Nothing too bad, sometimes there is more work than others so I sometimes have to be flexible and manage my time more carefully. Also I sometimes get sun in my eyes from the giant floor to ceiling windows.

Keep up the good work. It is a privilege to work here. Your attention to our well being doesn't go unnoticed and is appreciated.

Weirdest Place I have Ever Worked

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I worked at Beelineweb.com

Pros

Benefits: fitness benefit with personal trainer, extended health and dental, beautiful building.

Cons

Strange environment: must pass psychological exam, if you don't fit their mould (vegan/vegetarian, quiet, passive, ass-kisser) you're out!

Consider this: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

Beelineweb.com Photos