Belair Direct

Belair Direct Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles Brindamour

You don't just fill a position, belairdirect is a long term career.

Coach In Telemarketing (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Prosorganization that offers opportunities to grow and be successful

ConsNo flexible hours in my department

Great job if you enjoy doing work made for two people...

Claims Representative (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosgreat benefits; flex days; great colleagues

Consmicro management; management expects too much; repetitive work to do one task; not enough staff on the floor to meet the demands of the job; no recognition for your hard work

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people

Professional Team

ProsExcellent team, great work environment, great benefits

Consmedium pay rate but will improve with bonuses

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay compared to industry, too much nepotism in promoting, too strict on clocking in but expected you to stay late

Insurnace Sales Advisor (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood pay
    Some managers cared others
    Some good incentives

ConsToo strict on log in times ...three lates even if it were 10 seconds led to formal reprimand or dismissal

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote based on merit

Excellent opportunity

Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsOtl paid for, career advancement,paid designation and friendly environment

ConsLong hours and less pay

A decent start to a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible working hours, tuition reimbursement for work-related courses, great opportunities for career advancement, great technology

ConsMicro-management of employees, salary could be better

Great company culture, but few opportunities to move up after first year!!

Sales and Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsLots of young fun outgoing ppl work here.

ConsIt pays one of the least in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunities to move up needs to be created.

Great place to start a career

Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsThey have a great training program to help you obtain your OTL licence as well as other designations throughout your career. The culture there is great; people are friendly they have many activities, games, prizes etc. They will reward hard workers and people who are there to preform and advance their career.

ConsIf you do not pass your OTL exam and you havent shown any effort to pass it you may be out of a job.

First 3 months are good, the rest is horrible.

(Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Pros3 months of training is provided and paid.. honeymoon period ends there. They treat you nicely and make you think it's a good place to work durring training, then when it's done they turn off the charm.

ConsManagement belittles employees, there is no privacy.. if you have a problem the whole office will hear about it. No understanding of work/life balance. Can never find someone to help when you need them, very stressful work environment. They tell you they're not "sales-driven" but focused on "growth", aka they'll still track your sales and tell you improvement in getting sales is needed but neglect to give you any positive feedback whatsoever. Favouritism is the only way anyone can get advancement. If you like a job that you dread going into, get yelled at by callers and management, and has you stay late almost every day... then this is perfect for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more available. More attention to professionalism and privacy. More understanding for the hard work the agents do and better compensation is needed

They try really hard to keep you happy, but.....

Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsOne of my main concerns about working with a large company is whether or not they care about how happy you are working there. Engagement is a key concern, and I see management trying earnestly to improve. They have frequent agent appreciation days ( ice cream days... snack days... games and more treats! )

ConsBut.... pay-wise it's hard to argue that we're not getting paid as well as other companies with same positions. Tried applying to a different department but there seems to be budget issues so apparently external applicants are favored over internal ones so they can get paid less... I don't know, this is the word in the office so I don't know how true it is. It IS discouraging when you know you can do a good job but don't at least get an interview...

Advice to Senior ManagementSales agents need to be paid more... otherwise you're losing ( and you already are ) the good ones to your competitors!

Worked for Belair Direct? Contribute to the Community!