Belcan Corporation

Belcan Corporation Reviews

Updated Apr 5, 2014

Belcan Corporation CEO Michael E. McCaw

Michael E. McCaw

Pros:
  • "Belcan has a great flex time policy"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The work environment was great - laid back and not too stressful"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "upper management lacks any integrity and only care about the bottom line- Profits"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Not a modern management approach and poor business model"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

we may as well be cattle going to slaughter

Hartford, CT

I have been working at Belcan Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Proswas decent until Ralph passed, all downhill after that.

Consbad management, after changing op manager, he brought in what was to be a cust. service mngr, not checking into it, belcans main customer didn't want anything to do with him since they had just let him go for several performance reasons, 5 weeks of salary and signing bonus down the drain before they figured it out even after employees warned them before he came.. Brilliant. then layed off several hard workers to save on overhead. If you are not completely billable then they get rid of you.

Advice to Senior Managementsee above, follow Ralphs management concept.

No benefits and no vacation time off.

Safety Manager (Current Employee)
Woodland, CA

I have been working at Belcan Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

Prosthey pay on time and do not visit the job.

Consthey do not visit the job and do not call you to see how the job is progressing.

Never had any good experience with this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Belcan Corporation

ProsNone that I can think of

ConsFor some reason this agency attracts companies that treat their employees like crap. Low pay, short contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your workers more and work with companies that respect their workers. Paying your workers less that what they made 15 years ago and asking them to work 3 times harder...not a good company strategy.

Don't Work for this company

Software Developer (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Belcan Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsNone. Bad Staffing company. Don't work for this company

ConsOffice didn't understand a simple tax form. On my w2 they put wrong state information. I now owe the state worked $5000

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees

"We work for idiots," said my boss.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Belcan Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

Pros*The offer you get is what you get. You know up front you do or don't get vacation, sick, etc.

Cons*Managers lack the understanding of employee job functions and the capability to listen / comprehend.
*No room for advancement as a contractor.
*Management staff in different locations don't know what the other is doing, leading to misunderstandings and time consuming change.
*Corporate sends email that does not pertain to you or your job site; waste of time and resources.
*Lots of secrets you hear about, but never get the truth from management staff.
*Promises, promises. No follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn soft skills; treat people like intelligent beings; respect employees.

Some great times and some soul sucking times...

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Belcan Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe pros:
1. Great people to work with as far as engineers go
2. If you have the right manager the job will provide a lot of flexibility with hours
3. Decent starting pay and overall it was a good starting job for the first 3 years out of college

ConsThe cons:
1. The management is at best non-observant and at worst gossipers who attack engineers personally
2. There is absolutely no VISION to get behind here...this is just a job
3. Once you are beyond the first 3 years, raises are gone and they do little to keep employees
4. Because of lack of leadership and bad work culture the morale among employees is very low
5. You can be sent home without pay at at any moment even if you are doing good work
6. Management will NOT look for work for you, you will be expected to find work to stay billable
7. Hope you like the word billable, it's the only word that matters
8. If the manager doesn't like you as a person make sure not to have a death in the family or get sick or injured, all sick pay and bereavement pay is manager discretion

Advice to Senior ManagementShare a vision with your employees, treat them with some respect, reward good work, and show the employees that you actually want to keep them. Stop the gossiping among management. Stop the personal attacks on engineers that is not performance related. Train the managers better to be able to handle engineers better.

Integrity Still Counts for Something

I have been working at Belcan Corporation full-time

Pros-can get great entry level hr skills

Cons-upper management lacks any integrity and only care about the bottom line- Profits!

Advice to Senior Management-Integrity Counts
-As far as I know Ralph Anderson founded the company with principles and values- he was happy with a smaller company and he was still able to manage it with morals and principles. It is apparent that with upper managements' desire for growth and more profits, Anderson's principles no longer apply.

No opportunity for growth

Design Engineer (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Belcan Corporation

ProsThe projects did have a level of complexity that challenged engineers intellectual capacities. P&G projects were the most interesting from a pure engineering standpoint.

ConsZero lack of accountability from upper management. Never accountability from the top down, where the decision making power rests, always from the bottom up.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry putting people before profits and see how that impacts the bottom line. Once upon a time loyalty was initially owned by the corporation which , in turn, fostered longevity from employees.

Completely Unfair in pay,respect,communication, value as employee

I have been working at Belcan Corporation

ProsIt has big companies as clients

ConsNo professional growth, no fair pay, no reviews, the management does not listen to any of its employees grievances. They treat you like cattle.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to your employees about their problems, recognize their capabilities for performing better at their jobs. Penny pinching every employee does not benefit the company.

Never Work for Belcan

Champaign, IL

I have been working at Belcan Corporation

Pros- If you are not from US, they will take care of H1b and support the info for the Green card.
- That's it.

Cons- You will have to pay for the expenses for the GC.
- Very low salary
- Bad benefit package
- Zero chance to grow and promote
- too many

Advice to Senior ManagementAs long as it's related to money and benefit, the manager will say NO. Anything else he will take to you all day long without letting you do the job.

Worked for Belcan Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Belcan Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Belcan Corporation CEO Michael E. McCaw. All 57 reviews posted anonymously by Belcan Corporation employees.