Belcan Corporation Reviews

Reset

1. Decent starting place

Current Employee - Engineer II in Mossville, IL
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Mossville, IL

I have been working at Belcan Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, hours, flexibility, vacation. Nice home office. Paid overtime is always nice. Good benefits

Cons

Low compensation, slow progress if any, management pretty out of touch. Poor quality of coworkers.

2. Review as Belcan Controls Validation Engineer

I have been working at Belcan Corporation full-time

Pros

Paycheck is sent bi-weekly. Entry salary is substantial. Online training of rules is convenient.

Cons

Little to no technical training. I never met the people or specific place that I would be working.

Advice to Management

Cease the "Motivational Quote of the Day" from email. Maintain hiring local university alumni.

Drafting/Design Engineer

Former Employee - Engineer in Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Engineer in Windsor, CT

I worked at Belcan Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a really laid back work environment. There are a lot of seasoned engineers working together in various capacities. There was always help and a wide variety of projects. Contracting out to other locations allowed for a variety of work and hands-on experience.

Cons

The work is slow, there is not a whole lot of room to move up and there is a general lack of enthusiasm which is contagious. If you are looking for something to further your career or challenge you this is not necessarily the best fit. If you are looking for something stable and low key then it is a great environment for you.

Advice to Management

It is hard to keep tabs on all the different projects that are being worked on and overall it was a great experience working there. I would say keeping on top of employees and providing a larger variety of work projects would greatly help with the versatility of the employees.

5. Good experience

I worked at Belcan Corporation full-time

Pros

Able to do work for large corporations while working in a smaller company environment. People were very professional and pleasant to work with. Managers were very candid and honest about work prospects.

Cons

Temporary work; always competing for jobs on cost basis which affects availability of work.

Managers are corrupt all the way to the top...

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Hartford, CT

I worked at Belcan Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people there are mostly OK to work with. Though, many of them won't hesitate to stab you in the back if they feel it will further their position. That's an effect of the management style there.

Cons

They lie, cheat and steal. Managers (mid-level, senior level and even HR) will lie to you about opportunities coming for the group, about your career opportunities, about raises, about money, vacation... I still have a hard time believing what I saw there.

Advice to Management

Get new jobs.

Nice place to start

I have been working at Belcan Corporation full-time

Pros

Nice place to get a start on your career.

Cons

It is extremely hard to move up in the company.

About Average

Current Employee - Engineering Checker in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Engineering Checker in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Belcan Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is family owned and operated. It was founded about 57 years ago on principles including the Golden Rule. Honesty and integrity are words that I would use to describe management.

Cons

Company is extremely conservative and lacks diversity in the areas that it competes. I work in the heavy equipment division. Our division is nearly 99% dependent on the business of one customer, a major equipment manufacturer headquartered in Illinois. As our customer goes, so does our division. I work onsite at the customer location. Communication and interaction with management from my company, located about 100 miles away, does not happen very often. As of last month, we have no management from the company located at the customer site. Pay is, in my opinion, competitive, however benefits are expensive. Higher than average premiums and deductibles. The good thing - benefits can be elected ala carte.

Advice to Management

Management needs to not be so conservative when seeking out new business opportunities. Moving into new opportunities often requires risk. Waiting until a risk-free opportunity just falls in your lap is not the way to grow the business and become more diverse. Instead, be willing to take calculated risks to grow and diversify.

Not a bad place to work.

Former Employee - Designer
    Former Employee - Designer

Pros

No boss over your shoulder. I was able to work set my schedule to suit me. I worked 10 hour shifts Monday through Friday.

Cons

I thought the pay was a little low. Communication with the somewhat lacking. Most of my colleagues were great, but as usual there was the occasional jerk .

Advice to Management

You need to take notice of the individuals working for you. Some are fooling you , while others who are working hard go unnoticed.

10. Never had a problem

Former Employee - Composite Tech in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Composite Tech in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Belcan Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

- Professional and upfront - Benefits for contractors

Cons

- Pay - tough to get raise/ no performance reviews

11. Engineer

I have been working at Belcan Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, interesting projects, decent benefits, good opportunity to network

Cons

subaverage wages, lack of drive among coworkers brings morale down

RSS Feed </> Embed