Bell Industries

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Clinton J. Coleman

Good place to start but not so great to finish.

Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bell Industries

ProsExcellent culture and atmosphere, great mid level management, good autonomy if one works with reasonable insurance and the best HR staff I have ever worked with.

ConsBelow standard pay rates, diminished benifits, company has not given raises for cost of living in years and does poorly on discovery which leads to less than profitable engagements.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the business at least to a degree that generates success instead of saving dimes now to lose dollars later.

Pay increases are sad. It takes forever to top out with your pay. Needs to be better raises. Better insurance.

Tech Support (Current Employee)
Plainfield, IN

I have been working at Bell Industries

ProsIt is a very diverse work place. You have people there from all over the world. You learn a lot about other cultures. The people there are all very nice and get along for the most part as far as the employees. Management is pretty nice for the most part. The work schedules are great! 4 10hr shifts or 5 8 hr shifts. Hardly ever any over time. No weekends or holidays. Day shift only. Very good for someone with small kids. All the benefits are pretty good. Sick pay, vacation and holidays.

ConsThe insurance is way too expensive! I pay the same for my spouse and 1 child as my coworkers pay for their spouse and their 3 or more kids. I think that is highway robbery. Especially when I make the same or less than they do. Some supervisors and or team leads do not show respect to the employees, they don't know how to talk to people. Management doesn't always treat people fairly. The pay is sad. It takes for ever to make top wage. It is merit raises but even with the best employee it takes for ever! You only get one review a year and lucky if you get a raise then. You get paid by weekly and 1/3 of my paycheck goes to pay for my health and dental insurance. I am thankful to have the insurance still yet but it needs to be better for what I have to pay for it!

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the mangers, supervisors and team leads take training on how to get along with associates, and employees. Have a peer review team. Check into better insurance. Give better raises.

Pleasent coworker who are great supporting one another in efforts to get the mission accomplished.

I have been working at Bell Industries

ProsIt located close to home and the Fashion Mall and fitness center are located right next door.
Building has a wonderful of the entire city.

ConsBeing on the top floor of the building makes it a royal pain when they are conducting fire drills 17 flights down to the ground.

Advice to Senior Managementit may be time to start contributing to the employee 401K and offering more oprtunities for training or remebursment for those taking job related courses.

Worked for Bell Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bell Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bell Industries CEO Clinton J. Coleman. All reviews posted anonymously by Bell Industries employees.