Bell Mobility

Bell Mobility Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Bell Mobility President & CEO George Cope

George Cope

Pros
  • Very supportive community there to help with work-life balance in a major way (in 7 reviews)

• Only reason I would suggest working for Bell Mobility is to have a free cell phone plan (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Management and work life balance (in 3 reviews)

• call centre was shut down - in order to "expand operations out to the west" (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Mental health??? JOKE for employees at bell

Training (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsCellphone and benefits. If You Are Not Working under the manager in the product zone team you can enjoy working in bell.

ConsManagers can abuse the employees and NOTHING is done by hr nor upper management. You can make complaints etc but nothing was done to help the employees in the product zone team. An investigation was done for the work environment and still nothing was given to the team of the results or updates

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your management! !! The unfairness the nepotism....check out the manager if product zone and the team she handles! Absolute garbage! NEVER WORKED UNDER THIS TYPE OF CONDITION. No one did anything to stop her behaviour and stop the ill treatment by her to certain employees! Her director knew and he just had nothing to say! Really poor management skills!!!

Opressive anti employee company policies especially after unionisation did not go through

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosnice campus/office, location and benefits

Conscounter productive environment company continuously earns more but sales employees earn progressively lesser

Advice to Senior Managementbe careful ! employees are unhappy across the board

Great at first, slowly went down hill

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsDecent commission if you work in a busy location. I had the opportunity to work with some great people over the years.

ConsNo appreciation for hard work and dedication. Management only cares about the numbers, not about client satisfaction or loyalty. A lot of shady people who work there lie to customers to make the numbers look good on paper/maximize on commission without regard for the best interest of the customer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

As much as I may have learned from the experience, their Unpaid Internship is unethical

Creative Associate (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsAs a creative, and a student I did learn some great on the job skills. It's kinda hard for me to judge the PMP. I did learn some important things for myself that helped me out later (technical skills), however if you can get them at a paid job I HIGHLY recommend doing the latter.

These are not skills exclusive to PMP. AT ALL.

ConsSide work seems pretty much like the busy work they didn't want their actual employees to do. Expect to work long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least pay for gas, food, something!

Chop shop

Project Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsLearning and development opportunities are plenty such as online / e-learning. There is lot of room to grow provided one get in to the right group/team.

ConsOrganization has gone through a series of restructuring which has caused unnecessary pressure on new and existing employees. Due to this ongoing restructuring there's a lot of power struggle and opportunist movements within the management which makes things quite ugly and painful.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut people first. Bringing a change is good thing but it shouldn't be only at the cost of layoffs.

Two words: sweatshop operation

Manager - Marketing (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsThe company is aggressively looking to regain lost market space and competing with the new players. So you'd be in the middle of a very fast paced, high stress environment. In the trenches. Positive for somebody looking to learn the business.

ConsIt's all about meeting targets. Employees are just pawns. No respect or care for the individuals. Internal politics and back-stabbing is the norm. Executives are more concerned with their fat bonuses than anything else. Don't expect to find a positive working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some people management courses.

Highly stressful management environment.

Product Manager (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsIf you work in the Mississauga campus then you don't need to pay for parking.

ConsManagement Salaries are lower than competitors and there are no salary increases without a promotion.
    The companies drive to satisfy the financial analysts comes at the cost of employees bonuses and salaries.
    Employees are told to exceed objectives for several years to earn a promotion. Common approach is to determine the desire of the employee and use that to motivate the employee with promises that are never fulfilled.
    Due to the wide abuse of favouritism the company is managed by inexperienced teams, which leads to conflicts and chaotic project management. This causes a low degree of integrity among working teams and leaders as they are motivated to meet their objectives.
    Friendship is the best way to be promoted at Bell Mobility.
    Graduate degrees are not recognized as a consideration for management advancement.
    Dislike the way the company treats clients whether they are new or existing and many employees complain about this but the companies leaders are only focused on cost cutting and stock dividends.

Advice to Senior ManagementBell Mobility needs a Human Resources group that has authority. There are so many abuses by managers and executives that the talented employees have all resigned. Bell Mobility is ripe to be sued by an employee.

This could have been a great place to work for if not for the train wreck of corporate structuring.

Analyst (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsOnly reason I would suggest working for Bell Mobility is to have a free cell phone plan.

ConsWhere to begin....a company so large in operations and size yet so narrow in corporate structure. Morale is largely dependent on quality of your manager(s) - of which there are many questionable.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve the quality of management - soft skills traning.

Been there 10 years - lots of bureaucracy, limited growth opportunities, employees not valued, morale going downhill

Associate Director (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsReasonable pay, decent benefits, pleasant physical work environment, lots of good people to connect with, good training opportunities (although this depends on the department manager)

ConsCareer opportunities are very limited, bureaucracy is extremely high - this creates inefficiencies and many good people get caught up in them. Over the last 10 years, work/life balance, employee benefits, training opportunities and as a result the morale has been deteriorating - in my department less than 50% of employees were looking forward to coming to work every day, according to the recent survey.

As employees leave the company (through layoffs, voluntary departures or retirements), many positions are not refilled - work load is increasing while the pay has stagnated for many years and employees are lucky to get a 1-2% raise every few years.

Lots of office politics and occasional backstabbing. Much more visible and prevalent if you are in a higher position. Hard work is expected and achievements are not often rewarded. Overall a decent place to work on the surface, but dig deeper - and it is not a good place to be long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt has been said many times that employees lose trust in senior management. Budgets are cut, salaries frozen, positions eliminated, while executive compensation is growing. If Bell were to survive another 135 years, its management needs to start treating employees as their first priority and its biggest assets.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy Job, Stable Pay, technology atmosphere

ConsInterviews were misleading and job postings were plain

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you advertise a job make sure you understand that people don't like being fooled into another job

Worked for Bell Mobility? Contribute to the Community!