Bell Mobility Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014

3.2

Bell Mobility President & CEO George Cope
George Cope

Pros
  • Very supportive community there to help with work-life balance in a major way (in 7 reviews)

• Only reason I would suggest working for Bell Mobility is to have a free cell phone plan (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Management and work life balance (in 3 reviews)

• call centre was shut down - in order to "expand operations out to the west" (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

It was a call centre.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Bell Mobility part-time for less than a year

Pros

They have good benefits which start from day one. The training is very good. The other reps on the floor are usually quite helpful if you need a hand. Bell's "Let's Talk" program is good. You can trade shifts with someone if agreed upon by the other person.

Cons

The pay per hour is less than Rogers or Telus. The job is considered permanent part-time meaning that you can have less hours than necessary. Although we were told this rarely happens, it happened within a month of hitting the floor. You never have two consecutive days off. I didn't know what my supervisor did all day other than email stats to the reps and approve credit requests. An individual rep's stats were sent to everyone on the team so if someone was in a slump it might cause embarrassment for that person.

I was concerned that my supervisor had not actually done the job of a rep for this company (knowing the ins and outs of the situations we faced). It would have been nice to see someone who had been there and moved up instead of a direct hire.

Autonomy, but poor work life balance

I worked at Bell Mobility full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy, No micro managing. Good pay.

Cons

60+ hours per week. So many projects at the same time, it became impossible to manage.
    Cost cutting gone way too far.

Dont just talk about work life balance. Do something to manage the workload if you need to keep trimming.

Good team members but questionable management

Former Employee - Technical Support  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bell Mobility full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and a very generous company. Very comprehensive training.

Cons

Little room for movement within the company, and very little communication between management levels.

Be more open with employees and keep them apprised of changes that will directly affect them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very comfortable work environment, very nice colleagues, overall a great experience.

Current Employee - Manager - Business Development  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager - Business Development in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bell Mobility full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely stable company to work for. Very supportive community there to help with work-life balance in a major way.

Cons

Very little vertical career opportunities. Not a lot of challenges after your first year.

Lateral moves are not the same as vertical ones. A lateral move costs me another year of my life - time is a treasure we have when we're young and which we are tempted to give away all too freely. I'm getting older, and being more cautious with what treasure I have remaining.

Great workplace, lots to learn

Current Employee - Account Associate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Associate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Bell Mobility full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great entry level salary and compensation, uncapped commission - work hard and earn lots
    - Excellent benefits and fexible benefits
    - Stock option with company contribution match
    - Group RSP option
    - Huge support team
    - Wide variety of positions available
    - Company invests lots of money into training and career development

Cons

- Like any company, promotions are not handed to you - you have to work hard, get noticed, then ask for them - distinguish yourself from the 'Lifers' and your manager will support your career development
    - Many positions within Bell may not appear immediately accessible, do your homework!
    - For technology company, the computers seem to be made in 1997
    - There is employee appreciation at the local team level, but big-picture you're just a number (expected from a big corporation)
    - have to learn to use a million different apps (there's a program for every process, and they are not all consolidated)
    - Like any company will lots of employees, you will cross roads with some really incompetent ones, and the occasional bad apple - LIFE.

Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Bell Mobility full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is ok should be more considering cost of living

Cons

Senior Management lies and do not care about the employees

Overall a Good Experience

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Bell Mobility full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is room for growth.
    There's enough interconnectivity within different departments.

Cons

HR is rather on the weak (always say no) side.
    Training funding can become limiting if you plan on taking a Masters degree.

Not a very good place for long term work.

Former Employee - Technical Support  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bell Mobility full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly coworkers, good ammenities, on site gym, and coffee shop. Lots of discounts on products. Work from home.

Cons

unrealistic expectations for the stats that you are required to meet. constant badgering if you do not meet the goals.

Great coworkers, mediocre company

Current Employee - Client Care  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Client Care in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Bell Mobility part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Everything offered is decent: salary, hours, benefits
    -Opportunities to advance, though there are a lot of steps if you want to climb the ladder to somewhere worthwhile
    -Possibility for bonuses, if you can meet the statistics required
    -Team bonding and cooperation is encouraged, there are occasional activities and events

Cons

-Non-union, and management/HR acts like it - they know they have all the power when it comes to your job security
    -No long-term job security - an Ontario based call centre tried to unionize, and after it didn't succeed, the entire call centre was shut down - in order to "expand operations out to the west". They've expanded to the Philippines now too, so how long are the current Canadian call centres going to be around?
    -Salary, hours, benefits are decent, but they're far from the best in the industry
    -Job performance is largely dependant on customer feedback

One of my worst jobs, ever.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bell Mobility full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people in the store, and perks were good.

Cons

Management and work life balance.

Improve work life balance and reduce the fear managers have about losing their jobs. Regardless of how well my team did, I consistently had them on coaching plans (another term for getting the process started on firing them). If you had 7 days where you surpassed targets, and then one day where you didn`t, you heard about it. Also, Bell markets themselves as the mobile company that is Bigger and Better and their internal saying is that employees need to make every experience a positive one yet we were not given any tools to help us fix issues that arose with customer`s bills, even when it was Bell`s fault. Then, when we were not able to help the customer after our requests for resolution denied, we were hit with a negative customer service score or `red alert`.

The people I worked with in the Kiosk were great - realists - yet always gave a great effort. It was the upper management, work life balance that made me decide to find something better.

My recommendation: stay clear of working at Bell Mobility.

Worked for Bell Mobility? Contribute to the Community!