Bell Mobility

Bell Mobility Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Bell Mobility President & CEO George Cope

George Cope

Pros
  • Very supportive community there to help with work-life balance in a major way (in 7 reviews)

• Only reason I would suggest working for Bell Mobility is to have a free cell phone plan (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Management and work life balance (in 3 reviews)

• call centre was shut down - in order to "expand operations out to the west" (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Bell Mobility

ProsGreat work life balance. Tons to learn. Excellent people.

ConsSlow pace. Limited growth. All the problems with a big company.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould encourage the younger crowd more to take leadership roles.

Worked here for over 10 years until they shut down our department

Corporate Client Care Representative (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsAmazing Health Benefits and compensation

ConsSome of the senior managers didn't have a clue what was going on

Worked at Bell professional management program

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosoverall a great learning experience
    different workshops for various skills you will need in your field
    good communication with managers in my department

ConsLong hours, not much work life balance

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Went down hill over time

Store Manager (Former Employee) Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Prosat first it was a real learning experience. running a store was like running a small business, you had a lot of leeway to make your own decisions and learn from them whether it was good or bad. you didnt have someone micromanaging you all the time but had support when you needed it.
    the pay scale and bonuses were decent but not spectacular.

Consover time, there became a much more micromanage culture. a store manager could no longer make most of the decisions about his/her store. everything from hiring to scheduling to inventory was either computer controlled or required regional manager approval. even sales coaching was micromanaged from a regional level. it became a bit much.

Advice to Senior Managementhire good people, pay them properly, and let them do the job you hired them for. dont micro manage. if they have proven themselves in the past, let them continue to succeed in their own way. every store and manager is different and trying to paint them all with the same brush or use the same techniques will not be productive.

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsPoor management at first level (team leader level).

Very good , Helpful colleagues

Project Manager (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros1 .Helpful Colleagues: All the PM's are located in same area and most of the contractors help when required.
    2. Standardised Project management process
    3. Seperate PMO office

Cons1. Location could be far if you are travelling from Markham or Richmond.
    2. Weak matrix organizarion . Highly functional oriented.

Chop shop

Project Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsLearning and development opportunities are plenty such as online / e-learning. There is lot of room to grow provided one get in to the right group/team.

ConsOrganization has gone through a series of restructuring which has caused unnecessary pressure on new and existing employees. Due to this ongoing restructuring there's a lot of power struggle and opportunist movements within the management which makes things quite ugly and painful.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut people first. Bringing a change is good thing but it shouldn't be only at the cost of layoffs.

Working with Bell was my first great opportunity in Canada and if you have the caliber you can

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsWorking with Bell was my first great opportunity as I have totally new to Canada and I feel if you have the caliber you can move up the ladder no matter where . Bell values diversity and recognizes employee contributions.

ConsBell Mobility is not a industry leader . They intend to mix and match what other competitors are offering . Very expensive plans and least bother about consumer side rather they focus on making shareholder happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to be recognized as Canada's best Telecommunication company you have to think differently and more consumer concentric.

Will not promote you even if just through all the hoops

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Surrey, BC (Canada)

ProsThey have a really good commission structure and a decent starting wage. They also have great benefits which include a free cell phone.

ConsIf you don't get along with a co-worker don't count on management helping resolve the problem. It's really hard to get a promotion even if you jump through all their hoops.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp you talent bloom instead snuffing them out.

Career opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsSalary, career direction, resources, exciting projects, benefits

ConsSome bureaucracy, slow decisions, middle management not so good

Worked for Bell Mobility? Contribute to the Community!