Bell Partners Reviews

3.2

Steven D. Bell

Great experience overall

I worked at Bell Partners full-time

Pros

Compensation is the best in the business

Cons

Work life balance is not the best. Expect incompetent people calling you on your day off to ask how to do something.

Like most companies, the ones that make the decisions are not on the 'front line'

very rewarding

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician  in  New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in New Bern, NC

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time

Pros

good people ease of understanding

Cons

no ot and sometimes confusion reigns

Decent pay, but employees feel like a means to an end

I have been working at Bell Partners

Pros

Good hourly, promotion opportunities, corporate rentals nationwide, decent bonus package

Cons

Very corporate environment, lots of policies, open most holidays, constant seemingly useless training. Commission raises stop at a point, so if you stay with the company long-term and make them millions of dollars, there is no added benefit for the employee.

Senior management often act stuck up and are unconcerned with engaging the on-site team members.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the worst in the industry, but definitely not the best

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Bell Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked with a fantastic manager (and had some good regionals...but not all of them were good and I had 3 in only 18 months!) The training programs were good, very helpful and extensive. (though poorly timed, when you receive training 5 months after you've been doing the job) Pay was average for the industry.

Cons

There was frequent turnover both at the local and regional level. They buy and sell frequently so you always have to wonder about job security. Felt very disconnected from Senior Management. Assistant Managers were placed on salary unlike all other companies in the industry and that status was abused.

Loving it!

Current Employee - Property Accountant  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Property Accountant in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working here. We have our busy times in our department, but it is a wonderful atmosphere. Very flexible. Perfect for a single mother and my schedule.

Cons

Business dress everyday...even Fridays. Every once in a while we get a jeans day when we are supporting a cause.

Keep doing what you're doing. Get feedback from the workers that are hands on instead of their managers.

Great working culture focused on making sense of the multifamily business.

Current Employee - Community Manager  in  Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company balances the needs of employees, residents and investors by emphasizing strong core values and vision. Senior management is focused on creating the best organization in the markets we operate in. Senior management are astute professionals with the highest level of integrity. Mr. Bell is probably the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

Cons

This is one of the better companies in the industry to work for. If you have a compliant, it's likely associated with the vocation, not the company.

I believe our name will be associated with the properties we manage. Continue to seek Class A communities to manage.

A good, family-owned company overall with locations all over the southeast and northeast.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

A family owned business that is getting better and more focused every year. Good benefits with options to move around if you want to.

Cons

Some members of mid-level management are more concerned with personal success than with helping their employees succeed.
    Ask for feedback from employees from all levels of the company.

Provide leadership and business training to your mid-level managers.

Management does not seek input from property employees

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time

Pros

Good pay and bonuses and competitive benefits, most employees on site are great

Cons

Management leads with fear, does not value or seek employees opinions, management only cares about the bottom line, could care less about individual employees. Constantly feel like I could lose my job at any moment as soon as results are not met for a month or two

Ask employees what you can do to help them succeed and listen and try to help

Good but not a great company

I worked at Bell Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Bell's intranet is very useful letting employees be self resourcing.
    - Bell provides great scripts for difficult/awkward situations especially if you are not a confrontational person - useful when dealing with residents.
    - Depending on your manager you can have a great team which makes work even more enjoyable.
    - Bonuses for getting great survey feedback.
    - Good Benefits except for dental, you might as well not get it and save $10.
    - Very good training though slightly overabundant and redundant but they do provide the tools necessary. Its probably so you can't sue them later on but it is good training - use it and make that $$$.
    - Like most places you'll probably rotate weekends with co-workers. Some managers insist on only getting 1 day and a 1/2 off for working the weekend, others will let you get 2 days off but work longer during the week/end to make up the time.
    - As long as it doesn't cost too much money, ideas are welcome.

Cons

- HR isn't very helpful when dealing with internal problems - they tend to side with whatever is the least hassel for them and they don't follow up - at least not with associates.
    - At the same time some managers aren't very good with handling internal problems so if you're in this case you're kind of screwed because no one can/will help you.
    - There's a policy on retaliation and harassment and it doesn't get followed. Nor does HR, Regional Managers or your very own manager look out for it.
    - There's too many policies in general which often aren't practiced until someone decides to to use it against you. Policies are used as guidelines by managers and as stone by corporate.
    - Regional Managers only care if you fail an audit, otherwise they are out of sight out of mind.
    - In general upper management is out of sight out of mind.
    - Like most places, if you suck up and kiss butt you'll get promoted, even if you can't lease and don't have any customer service skills. Just keep on sucking up to people and bragging loudly about how great you are - they'll believe you because honest people yell the loudest.. apparently.
    - Bell doesn't pay as well industry standard wise, including bonuses however its not terrible you can still make a killing with leasing commissions and of course racking up overtime at properties that are willing to pay you overtime to help them out. However if you haven't gotten approval for overtime don't you dare cross it by more than 2 hours, you hooligan.
    - You may be a Bell associate but not necessarily working on a Bell property. Bell properties are beautiful, non Bell Properties can be but its up to the owners. Some owners are hands down wonderful, some just want to make money and thus beautiful properties will not be at their full potential. If you find yourself in the latter you'll be fine but you'll deal have to deal with a horrible headache from residents who know that the price does not match the value and that's when its hard to follow/provide Bell's hassel-free living experience and/or demand X amount of money from your residents every month. If you're cold like Bell and/or any generic corporation wants you to be (because profit) you'll have no problem overlooking this and you can pat yourself on the back for owning a home and and not caring about your residents because its their fault they're too stupid to buy a house. Lol, economy, whatever yolo.
    - Culture and values sound great on paper but its all about making money and kissing butt. So in other words, don't get fooled by Bell in believing they're revolutionary and that they care about you, they aren't and they only care if you tell them too and even then they're doing it because their supposed to (because profit and image).

It would be nice if you had follow up skills, if you paid like the rest of the industry, or if you just realized you aren't as cute as you think you are but alas nice is too much for you. Just keep on doing what you're doing cause you'll make money and that's what you care about.

Great Company!

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Bell Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth as they like to promote within.

Cons

A lot of turnover.

Worked for Bell Partners? Contribute to the Community!