Bell Partners

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steven D. Bell

Loving it!

Property Accountant (Current Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsI love working here. We have our busy times in our department, but it is a wonderful atmosphere. Very flexible. Perfect for a single mother and my schedule.

ConsBusiness dress everyday...even Fridays. Every once in a while we get a jeans day when we are supporting a cause.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Get feedback from the workers that are hands on instead of their managers.

Great working culture focused on making sense of the multifamily business.

Community Manager (Current Employee)
Durham, NC

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany balances the needs of employees, residents and investors by emphasizing strong core values and vision. Senior management is focused on creating the best organization in the markets we operate in. Senior management are astute professionals with the highest level of integrity. Mr. Bell is probably the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

ConsThis is one of the better companies in the industry to work for. If you have a compliant, it's likely associated with the vocation, not the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe our name will be associated with the properties we manage. Continue to seek Class A communities to manage.

Good but not a great company

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Bell Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros- Bell's intranet is very useful letting employees be self resourcing.
- Bell provides great scripts for difficult/awkward situations especially if you are not a confrontational person - useful when dealing with residents.
- Depending on your manager you can have a great team which makes work even more enjoyable.
- Bonuses for getting great survey feedback.
- Good Benefits except for dental, you might as well not get it and save $10.
- Very good training though slightly overabundant and redundant but they do provide the tools necessary. Its probably so you can't sue them later on but it is good training - use it and make that $$$.
- Like most places you'll probably rotate weekends with co-workers. Some managers insist on only getting 1 day and a 1/2 off for working the weekend, others will let you get 2 days off but work longer during the week/end to make up the time.
- As long as it doesn't cost too much money, ideas are welcome.

Cons- HR isn't very helpful when dealing with internal problems - they tend to side with whatever is the least hassel for them and they don't follow up - at least not with associates.
- At the same time some managers aren't very good with handling internal problems so if you're in this case you're kind of screwed because no one can/will help you.
- There's a policy on retaliation and harassment and it doesn't get followed. Nor does HR, Regional Managers or your very own manager look out for it.
- There's too many policies in general which often aren't practiced until someone decides to to use it against you. Policies are used as guidelines by managers and as stone by corporate.
- Regional Managers only care if you fail an audit, otherwise they are out of sight out of mind.
- In general upper management is out of sight out of mind.
- Like most places, if you suck up and kiss butt you'll get promoted, even if you can't lease and don't have any customer service skills. Just keep on sucking up to people and bragging loudly about how great you are - they'll believe you because honest people yell the loudest.. apparently.
- Bell doesn't pay as well industry standard wise, including bonuses however its not terrible you can still make a killing with leasing commissions and of course racking up overtime at properties that are willing to pay you overtime to help them out. However if you haven't gotten approval for overtime don't you dare cross it by more than 2 hours, you hooligan.
- You may be a Bell associate but not necessarily working on a Bell property. Bell properties are beautiful, non Bell Properties can be but its up to the owners. Some owners are hands down wonderful, some just want to make money and thus beautiful properties will not be at their full potential. If you find yourself in the latter you'll be fine but you'll deal have to deal with a horrible headache from residents who know that the price does not match the value and that's when its hard to follow/provide Bell's hassel-free living experience and/or demand X amount of money from your residents every month. If you're cold like Bell and/or any generic corporation wants you to be (because profit) you'll have no problem overlooking this and you can pat yourself on the back for owning a home and and not caring about your residents because its their fault they're too stupid to buy a house. Lol, economy, whatever yolo.
- Culture and values sound great on paper but its all about making money and kissing butt. So in other words, don't get fooled by Bell in believing they're revolutionary and that they care about you, they aren't and they only care if you tell them too and even then they're doing it because their supposed to (because profit and image).

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if you had follow up skills, if you paid like the rest of the industry, or if you just realized you aren't as cute as you think you are but alas nice is too much for you. Just keep on doing what you're doing cause you'll make money and that's what you care about.

A good, family-owned company overall with locations all over the southeast and northeast.

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsA family owned business that is getting better and more focused every year. Good benefits with options to move around if you want to.

ConsSome members of mid-level management are more concerned with personal success than with helping their employees succeed.
Ask for feedback from employees from all levels of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide leadership and business training to your mid-level managers.

Management does not seek input from property employees

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time

ProsGood pay and bonuses and competitive benefits, most employees on site are great

ConsManagement leads with fear, does not value or seek employees opinions, management only cares about the bottom line, could care less about individual employees. Constantly feel like I could lose my job at any moment as soon as results are not met for a month or two

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk employees what you can do to help them succeed and listen and try to help

Great Company!

Property Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Bell Partners full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of opportunity for growth as they like to promote within.

ConsA lot of turnover.

Good company- too corporate

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)
Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Bell Partners part-time for more than a year

ProsPaid well and nice coworkers. Good values, try to make the company feel like family which is nice.

Constoo corporate - wanted every property to be run the same way and thats just not possible or sensible for over 250 properties all over the east cost

Advice to Senior Managementgive more discretion to properties to make decisions that need to be made at the property level

Save your self the hassle...Disorganized and Unethical Company!!!

Leasing (Former Employee)
Sandy Springs, GA

I worked at Bell Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsPay is okay if you have the right amount of experience and manager. Company BBQ's were fun. Nice to have a rotational weekend off and flexibility to run to a doctors appointment. Work for a 100% Bell owned property they are managed much better.

ConsWilling to throw hardworking people that follow policy and get proven results under the bus.

Company hires unqualified/ ignorant individuals to run large "challenged" assets who use vulgar language and can not properly interpret basic English.

There is no order...very disorganized...

Employees up to upper management will tell you one thing to your face then do another behind your back.

Managers form cliques in office and gives all others a hard time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend that you use an aptitude test along with your People Answers test when screening employees. Then I would only hire people that actually score well especially to be a manager. Also, random drug test should be performed. Regionals should work periodically at each site so they can know how there properties are being ran. More employee recognition would drive employee morale up. Employees believe that hard work does not pay off as I was told by an Asst. Manager when I first started with the company and I should have taken their word.

Good people who honestly care

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time

ProsThis is a place with management that views their employees as people, not numbers or cogs. It's refreshing to be in a place like this.

ConsThere are some old, what I would refer to as antiquated, techniques and technologies in place, and it seems some are very loathe to ever change.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend reviewing a few long standing business practices and perhaps updating or eliminating all together - ask the heads of departments, they will know the things that need modifying.

Raise the bar on intellect of upper management

I have been working at Bell Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgreat support from surrounding properties. strong drive to continue to grow and succeed

ConsUpper management is completely incompetent. RMs have the intellegnce of a rock. They often make poor decisions resulting in unhappy residents.

Advice to Senior ManagementI honestly feel like just spending more time talking to applicants prior to hiring them would do wonders. After 30 seconds of speaking to most RMs you can tell that they don't have anything but air in their head. Promote for merit and competance instead of who knows who and who has shiniest hair. Recognition of the lower level employees is completely missing. Often the poo rolls downhill and we are the ones holding properties together. Don't forget that this company needs ALL of its employees to function well. THE RIGHT PEOPLE means we are the right people accross the board.

Worked for Bell Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bell Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bell Partners CEO Steven D. Bell. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Bell Partners employees.