Belle Tire Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014
Updated May 21, 2014

2.5

Donald L. Barnes Jr.

Good people, like job , but bad pay

I have been working at Belle Tire

Pros

Good learning skills , sometimes good hours , good management, get along good with the other workers , has very good employee discounts

Cons

They dont give raises been here nine years and make the same as new untrained employees , lose your hours when slow not good for paying your bills

I love the fast paced, friendly, and team oriented environment!

Current Employee - Sales Manager Third Assistant  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Manager Third Assistant in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Belle Tire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Meet tons of people everyday. Manage a team of skilled professionals. Competitive atmosphere makes work more fun. Company is on the RISE!

Cons

Often don't have time for a lunch break.

Over all the company is great to work for!

Just a job to get by

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Allen Park, MI
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Allen Park, MI

I worked at Belle Tire full-time for more than a year

Pros

-health and dental
    -laid back warehouse environment

Cons

-no management
    -no chance for raises
    -no chance for promotions

This is a company you want to work WHILE you are preparing for something different. There is absolutely no chance for raises. I was making the same amount as guys that were working there for 5-10 years.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unless your a salesman don't waste your time

Current Employee - Mechanic  in  Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Belle Tire full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

busy shop, lots of gravy work

Cons

No lunch breaks, 60 hour work week no family time, end of year bonus is a joke, vacation pay very low to discourage taking time off, expected to do more and more with no incentive, company not dedicated to service work just tires

Treat your techs like you treat your sales team. give your techs bonuses, spiffs, let them compete in contests. remember that techs are skilled workers salesman are glorified receptionist's

Belle Tire Management

Former Employee - Tire Technician  in  Belleville, MI
    Former Employee - Tire Technician in Belleville, MI

I worked at Belle Tire full-time for more than a year

Pros

None...the company is okay - gives us shirts, good benefits, flexible hours. But to work for a company that condone the way managers treat their employees is hard to give them a good review.

Cons

The managers feel they can do whatever they want. They insult, degrade and belittle their employees. They put their employees under emotional distress and make derogatory statements. They have no problem making flat out comments to their employees but are very careful in front of customers. No matter how hard someone works, they are not fast enough, good enough or made feel their job is important.

Get some training before you become a manager. Someday it will all catch up to you and not only will you lose the respect of your employees someday a customer will see the way managers are.

manager

I worked at Belle Tire

Pros

they pay on time every time

Cons

the customers suck the pay is horrid. and corp. treats you like hell you i had to drive 45 miles each way each day to pile up the miles on my car which they paid me zero for. advice i would not do it ever again. i would rather cut off a toe the work there again.

pay more money or get more help!

poor mgmt.

Former Employee - Driver  in  Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Driver in Toledo, OH

I worked at Belle Tire full-time for less than a year

Pros

When things were properly managed it wasn't a half bad job.

Cons

poor training methods, bad scheduling, bad mgmt.

more training; consistency; better schedule

Ok at best

I have been working at Belle Tire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get sundays off. Good enviroment for people not seeking college degree. Some stores are ran very professionally, while others are lacking any form of competence.

Cons

College education is almost frowned upon. Promote from within sounds good until they start promoting non-qualified individuals to higher positions. Some managers are exceptional, some should not be given the thought or consideration of the postion.

There seems to be a reason why Discount is a nationwide business and Belle has stayed in Michigan.

Doesn't matter how hard you work, management sees that as just doing what you're supposed to.

Former Employee - Tire Technician  in  Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Tire Technician in Livonia, MI

I worked at Belle Tire

Pros

Decent pay for an 18 year old. Get to work on cars all day. Good alternative to fast food as long as you don't mind really tearing your body apart. Also you can usually work on your own/ friends cars using the shop's resources if you're clocked out.

Cons

Once you get the hang of the work, it's pretty monotonous. Belle Tire is the McDonald's of auto repair shops. HUGE amounts of customers, and they all get promised to have their car finished that day. The problem is the responsibility falls on the shoulders of the grunts: tire techs. You will be constantly moving, lifting, operating equipment, grinding, cleaning, and you better pick up the pace big time. Bathroom breaks are frowned upon, or even heaven forbid a 5 minute break. But if you decide you're going to try your best and bust your ass to do your best everyday, management will never care. They will only notice when you mess up.
     I worked at Belle for 4 years and probably worked on 10,000 cars. In my last week I accidentally scratched a car while lifting it. There's something called shop insurance that shops are supposed to have in case a tech proves that they're human every couple years and damages a car. Belle Tire does not use it's shop insurance. They take it out of their employees paychecks. Like they don't have the money to say "here, we'll cover this for you Mr. employee, we know you didn't mean to make the mistake, but you show up here everyday in the freezing cold or blistering hot to work for basically minimum wage. We got you". So I quit that garbage job. They will dangle a salesman or mechanic promotion in front of your nose for years for you to hang in there. Believe me that's what they did to me, and that's what they do to a lot of people. Only work here if you cant stand fast food and you have no other option.

Realize what your asking out of your "front line" employees. They hate you.

Great place to work, great benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Belle Tire

Pros

Schedule, working conditions, co workers, management staff, employee benefits, employee purchase programs

Cons

Cold weather, angry customers, repetition of job

Continue to support rising managers and promoting from within.

Worked for Belle Tire? Contribute to the Community!