Belle Tire

Updated May 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Donald L. Barnes Jr.

Good people, like job , but bad pay

ProsGood learning skills , sometimes good hours , good management, get along good with the other workers , has very good employee discounts

ConsThey dont give raises been here nine years and make the same as new untrained employees , lose your hours when slow not good for paying your bills

I love the fast paced, friendly, and team oriented environment!

Sales Manager Third Assistant (Current Employee) Royal Oak, MI

ProsMeet tons of people everyday. Manage a team of skilled professionals. Competitive atmosphere makes work more fun. Company is on the RISE!

ConsOften don't have time for a lunch break.

Advice to Senior ManagementOver all the company is great to work for!

Just a job to get by

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Allen Park, MI

Pros-health and dental
    -laid back warehouse environment

Cons-no management
    -no chance for raises
    -no chance for promotions

This is a company you want to work WHILE you are preparing for something different. There is absolutely no chance for raises. I was making the same amount as guys that were working there for 5-10 years.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unless your a salesman don't waste your time

Mechanic (Current Employee) Lansing, MI

Prosbusy shop, lots of gravy work

ConsNo lunch breaks, 60 hour work week no family time, end of year bonus is a joke, vacation pay very low to discourage taking time off, expected to do more and more with no incentive, company not dedicated to service work just tires

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your techs like you treat your sales team. give your techs bonuses, spiffs, let them compete in contests. remember that techs are skilled workers salesman are glorified receptionist's

Belle Tire Management

Tire Technician (Former Employee) Belleville, MI

ProsNone...the company is okay - gives us shirts, good benefits, flexible hours. But to work for a company that condone the way managers treat their employees is hard to give them a good review.

ConsThe managers feel they can do whatever they want. They insult, degrade and belittle their employees. They put their employees under emotional distress and make derogatory statements. They have no problem making flat out comments to their employees but are very careful in front of customers. No matter how hard someone works, they are not fast enough, good enough or made feel their job is important.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some training before you become a manager. Someday it will all catch up to you and not only will you lose the respect of your employees someday a customer will see the way managers are.

manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey pay on time every time

Consthe customers suck the pay is horrid. and corp. treats you like hell you i had to drive 45 miles each way each day to pile up the miles on my car which they paid me zero for. advice i would not do it ever again. i would rather cut off a toe the work there again.

Advice to Senior Managementpay more money or get more help!

poor mgmt.

Driver (Former Employee) Toledo, OH

ProsWhen things were properly managed it wasn't a half bad job.

Conspoor training methods, bad scheduling, bad mgmt.

Advice to Senior Managementmore training; consistency; better schedule

Ok at best

ProsYou get sundays off. Good enviroment for people not seeking college degree. Some stores are ran very professionally, while others are lacking any form of competence.

ConsCollege education is almost frowned upon. Promote from within sounds good until they start promoting non-qualified individuals to higher positions. Some managers are exceptional, some should not be given the thought or consideration of the postion.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seems to be a reason why Discount is a nationwide business and Belle has stayed in Michigan.

Doesn't matter how hard you work, management sees that as just doing what you're supposed to.

Tire Technician (Former Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsDecent pay for an 18 year old. Get to work on cars all day. Good alternative to fast food as long as you don't mind really tearing your body apart. Also you can usually work on your own/ friends cars using the shop's resources if you're clocked out.

ConsOnce you get the hang of the work, it's pretty monotonous. Belle Tire is the McDonald's of auto repair shops. HUGE amounts of customers, and they all get promised to have their car finished that day. The problem is the responsibility falls on the shoulders of the grunts: tire techs. You will be constantly moving, lifting, operating equipment, grinding, cleaning, and you better pick up the pace big time. Bathroom breaks are frowned upon, or even heaven forbid a 5 minute break. But if you decide you're going to try your best and bust your ass to do your best everyday, management will never care. They will only notice when you mess up.
     I worked at Belle for 4 years and probably worked on 10,000 cars. In my last week I accidentally scratched a car while lifting it. There's something called shop insurance that shops are supposed to have in case a tech proves that they're human every couple years and damages a car. Belle Tire does not use it's shop insurance. They take it out of their employees paychecks. Like they don't have the money to say "here, we'll cover this for you Mr. employee, we know you didn't mean to make the mistake, but you show up here everyday in the freezing cold or blistering hot to work for basically minimum wage. We got you". So I quit that garbage job. They will dangle a salesman or mechanic promotion in front of your nose for years for you to hang in there. Believe me that's what they did to me, and that's what they do to a lot of people. Only work here if you cant stand fast food and you have no other option.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize what your asking out of your "front line" employees. They hate you.

Great place to work, great benefits

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toledo, OH

ProsSchedule, working conditions, co workers, management staff, employee benefits, employee purchase programs

ConsCold weather, angry customers, repetition of job

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support rising managers and promoting from within.

Worked for Belle Tire? Contribute to the Community!