Belmont Village Reviews

2.5

Patricia G. Will

good

I worked at Belmont Village full-time

Pros

people are nice to work with

Cons

long hours of comuting in traffic

Belmont Kitchen Review

I worked at Belmont Village full-time

Pros

The staff is very friendly and the hours were great.

Cons

Not to many negative things to say.

Management act like slave owners

Current Employee - Pal  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Pal in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Belmont Village full-time for less than a year

Pros

The residents are nice,the Dementia training was effective.

Cons

Mangement was very brutal,The nurses act like slave owners. If you went to management about a particular situation they sweeped it under the rug until.something happend resident wise then they would react. The employees felt unappreciated, we felt like no one appreciated what we did. Just because they have degrees means that they are better than the PAL's

Learn how to be friendly but fair. This is not a plantation slavery is over !!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This Company Wastes Employee Talent and Time

Current Employee - Pal
    Current Employee - Pal

I have been working at Belmont Village full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having a job and healthcare benefits.

Cons

Management is cutthroat, unapproachable, restrictive, oppressive, and unwilling to follow senior residence facility laws. Management-level people fail to understand that turning employees against one another is a breeding ground for mistrust. They also play favorites. When employees can't rely on one another for fair teamwork, the lack of trust doesn't allow for workers to perform productively and provide a happy facility for the residents.

The hardest-working PALs are often given more work abusively beyond their capacity instead of being promoted and rewarded aside from attendance bonuses (which anybody can get). These hard-working PALs are people you want to keep, not people you want to be open to other jobs offers that pay more and demand less. When staff morale is low, so is customer satisfaction and this company has a history of having its marketing people (old bags on commission all across the company) lie right to the face of potential customers. By the time the paperwork is completed, families become disappointed to find out services are not offered, no fresh squeezed juice (I think it's Tampico), and the families will try to ask employees for the services which the management turns a blind eye to. This is like a plantation with a hierarchy that keeps people on welfare without letting them succeed. As a result, many of your co-workers will have no morals, no trust for you, and lastly nobody is happy working here. Nobody!

Stop making employees fear retaliation if they report illegal activity. Reduce the gap between the staff-to-resident ratio of those who are not management-level.

Housekeeper

Former Employee - Housekeeper  in  Oak Park, IL
    Former Employee - Housekeeper in Oak Park, IL

I worked at Belmont Village full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with the elderly
    Learning the stages of dementia
    Meeting new people

Cons

New Management didn't get a chance to see what I am capable of doing .

Make sure the nurses, CNA workers and etcetera are doing there job correctly. So many effects of not taking care of the elderly can cause loss in pay and lawsuits.

Flexible with scheduling and friendly coworkers but little to no growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Pal  in  Cardiff, CA
    Current Employee - Pal in Cardiff, CA

I have been working at Belmont Village full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good majority of the workers are very friendly, flexible with hours, health benefits, bonus, workers comp. most of the managers are friendly.

Cons

Very little opportunity to move up, no raises. Salary is low. More pros than cons.

More growth opportunities

The Good The Bad and the Ugly of West University

Former Employee - Driver  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Houston, TX

I worked at Belmont Village full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good - The residents are beautiful. After working there about a year and a half the residents became more like friends. I also respected the well earned quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Bad - Most of the managers felt the staff's pain when it came to keeping the facility full. They were under deep pressure to cut cut cut and they did just that or else. Managers were hard on staff to save there own bonuses.

Ugly - There was also a great divide between management and staff. Most managers did not mingle with staff members. It was almost like working on a southern plantation. I am sure management did not see it that way but staff members felt it every day. There were some excellent staff members there. But there was no room for them to grow if you did not have a degree. There was a definite economic glass ceiling. Managers ate in the public bistro area and staff members ate in a little cramped hall way in the back. This fact was embarrassing for 2013.

Please create some management training programs for staff members. If you already have some please share that with staff members. At West University the staff is a goldmine of resident care talent.

I loved it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Belmont Village

Pros

I loved working with the elderly people. I definitely learned patience at that job, and gained an experience that I would recommend to others.

Cons

One of the downsides of working at Belmont Village was the indefiniteness of what was required of my position. We had tasks, but sometimes one worker would have to take on a lot of another workers tasks.

Be more clear about what each position requires while on the job. There are job descriptions given, but when you get down to the actual day on the job it can sometimes be unclear without some guidance from management

Don't work for corporate office

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Belmont Village

Pros

Good reputation within senior housing industry. Working at communities is a good place to be. They are building new communities and trying to grow.

Cons

If possible, avoid working at the corporate office. Not the same room for growth as in communities. Not a very supportive environment either.

Listen to you people and do not try to bully people into submission. There are good people there, but you have taken the life out of them.

It was a learning experience, where I got more from the residents than the staff!

Former Employee - Activities Assistant
    Former Employee - Activities Assistant

I worked at Belmont Village

Pros

The residents are amazing to work with, and always thankful. It is extremely rewarding because you are helping people who cannot otherwise help themselves.

Cons

Supervision is not always available, you're on your own the majority of the time.

If you want someone with a higher degree, compensate them appropriately.

Worked for Belmont Village? Contribute to the Community!