Belnick Inc

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sean Belnick

Great company--great opportunities, staple environment

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Canton, GA

ProsReally like the relaxed work environment and how employees are empowered to make decisions and work on projects that are meaningful. Great pay, benefits, and incentives to continue to grow with the company. Location is nice and quiet and the commute is reverse to traffic. Work hard, play hard environment.

ConsOffices can be a bit cramped, mostly cubicles (although good for collaboration).

Don't waste your time

Anonymous (Former Employee) North Canton, GA

ProsThe hours, the paid holidays off and the insurance are the only pros here.

ConsYou start out eager that you're in a company that you can actually advance in because you see other people advancing. However, if you do such a good job, the manager will not let you go. Only if you are really good at kissing her you-know-what you may get promoted to lead. But, she lets the worst kind of people in those positions - the back-stabbers mostly.

The owners are bi-polar, some days they will send the customers replacement product if damaged or defective, some days they will not. Even managers know this about them - they will tell employees they are waiting to ask them about a raise for you "When they are in a better mood". Overall, they have some really shady business practices. As a customer, I would never buy anything from this company and have seen customer leave due to these practices.

Last, don't ever think you are going to become rich working here (or even able to support yourself really). They are slow to give raises...you have to fight for every penny over the base pay of $10 an hour. I know a lady there that has been there for 4 years and is still only making $10.50 an hour. But, if they knew we were discussing our pay, we would have both been terminated on the spot.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to get rid of your managers that only sit at their desks and never come out to the floor to find out what's really going on. This same manager thinks she is in the know because one person always goes in to her office and "informs" her of the going-on. But, she is being manipulated and lied to by that person. Oh, and start giving more raises.

My time at Belnick consisted of one long nightmare of mismanagement and horrible communication.

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Canton, GA

ProsThey did keep the temperature at a bearable level in the winter.
    They did let me off for a few unpaid days so I could go home for Christmas.
    Decent pay for what it was.

ConsMy supervisor refused to speak in English 90% of the time, and therefore all of the English-only speakers employees had no idea what was going on or what needed to be done.
    When a co-worker threatened me, my supervisor just laughed and ignored the situation and refused to take action, and later threatened to fire me when I told him I was upset with the way it was handled.
    When employees complained too much about bad management and communication, this supervisor would report them to upper management and they would be removed without any chance to explain themselves.
    My supervisor wrote me up multiple times without telling me or warning me about what I did wrong in the first place.
    I never received a packet or rules or regulations until I had worked there for three months.
    There was no introduction the first shift...the supervisor then showed up late and drunk, and then left for the evening.
    My supervisor would stand or sit around on his phone while the rest of us were working.
    Whenever any mistake was made, us employees were always blamed for the error because we had been talking, although usually it turned out to be the supervisor's error afterall.
    No room for advancement whatsoever, pay raises rare if ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take your supervisor's word for granted. Talk to your lower-level employees one-on-one privately and ask them exactly what is going on. Communication is key, and communication does not happen on all shifts. Hire supervisors that care about their employees and create a team atmosphere.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Micromanagement with low pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Canton, GA

ProsCompany headquarters is located in a rural setting with a lot of parking.

Cons- No vacation in first year. 5 days of vacation in second year. No chance to earn more
    - No reviews/ no raises. Most people make less that $11/hour
    - Most employees are hourly. Exactly 40 hours are requested by owner of company. Not one minute more/less. Owner reviews time clock charts every week.
    - Both owners (father & step-son) try to micro-manage the entire staff.
    - Owners are solely focused on profit for themselves. - The customer is secondary to the main focus. Employees are last on the list.
    - Owner does not provide any maternity leave. When new mom are not able to work they are required to pay 100% of health insurance while they are not able to work.
    - If there is a "pizza party" which rarely happens, employees must be clocked out or sit at their computer and work while eating.
    - Employees are not allowed to leave their desk unless it is to go to the restroom.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire an operations manager to run the company. You obviously have no idea what you are doing. Pay employees what the market and their job performance says they are worth, not what you can simply get away with.

No Leadership with a Lack of Direction and Organization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Canton, GA

ProsCompany headquarters is located in a rural setting with a lot of parking. Large windows allow a lot of sunlight in.

ConsEmployees are given one (1) week of vacation, only after having been employed one year. There is never a chance to earn more.
    Performance reviews are not given out. Raises are frowned upon and are scarce, regardless of department. Most employees are hourly.
    Management consists of the owner and step-son. Both try to micro-manage the entire workforce of 100 people.
    The owners are solely focused on profit for themselves. The customer is secondary to the main focus. The employees are last on the list.

Good place to work, could be great with a few changes...

ProsGood small company vibe with lots of good people to work with. They have a great market share and the potential to grow exponentially as a company. Decent benefits.

ConsLow pay scale and minimal opportunities for advancement. Employees don't seem to be invited to really get involved with the company vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to offer more performance incentives. Cast the vision and try to get people on board with it with better communication and more opportunities for advancement, higher pay and benefits.

Worked for Belnick Inc? Contribute to the Community!