Belzabar Software Design

Updated August 24, 2014
Updated August 24, 2014
3.1

Anil Kumar

Good company, I am enjoying working with them!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Belzabar Software Design full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There were many negative reviews about the company and I feel that I should write about my experience with them. I have noticed that people who are frustrated often write reviews whereas people who are satisfied or happy doesn’t really spare time to write reviews or comments. So here is a review from a satisfied employee.

I am working with Belzabar from almost 3 years and loves the company and my colleagues.

Pros are:
    Very nice culture, no office politics, good appreciation of work, amazing learning curve, freedom to work, new ideas are always encouraged, good bonuses, good overtime allowances.

Cons

No training programs for the existing employees for their career growth.

Balance life with good pay

I worked at Belzabar Software Design

Pros

Balanced work life
    Good remuneration
    Cool working environment

Cons

late working hours, selection process is not good

Really nice work Environment

Current Employee - Computer Scientist  in  New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Belzabar Software Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very nice work environment to work in . Gives you an opportunity to grow and bring in to action your creative ideas.

Cons

At times there is too much of work.Work balance needs to be maintained.

Work balance needs to be maintained.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An average company to work for and management can be better

Former Employee - Senior Computer Scientist  in  New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Belzabar Software Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Good work and work environment
    2. Nice colleagues. Some of the freshers they hire are technically very good and its nice working with them.

Cons

The management can be better. The work balance can be improved. Sometimes there is too much work and sometimes there is no work at all.

None

Extremely Poor Company with no intentions to grow.

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Delhi (India)

I worked at Belzabar Software Design full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's located within Delhi with close vicinity to all amenities and facilities.

Cons

This company is a trap. Dont be fooled by the HR and management. You could end up ruining your peace of mind by working here.

Poor infrastructure with scattered rooms (called as offices) on different floors in a multi-storeyed commercial complex. You need to move to different rooms and floors to coordinate for your work.

The HR and Management is very rude and they talk to you and scold you like you are a small kid in school.

They are only working on developing small and childish applications now. Most of the big projects are either gone or are in maintenance phase. So quality of work and scope of learning is very low.

There is always pressure of filling the timesheets. If you don't fill them on time you will have bear the rude HR and management.

Ift there is not enough work in the company (which happens a lot of times), you have no choice but to cut hours and get underpaid as they only pay for the hours you work and put in the timesheet. If you put wrong information in the timesheet to complete full hours, you are going to be punished strictly as the management people have no other work but to review timesheets.

No centralized air conditioning. Window and split AC's are installed for which the fights are always on to turn on and off based on the employee's seat.

HR is biased and helps the people who are in their personal contact.

Senior management needs to grow up. Some senior people behave like a 5 year old. You need to get some smart and intelligent people in the management.

Jun 30, 2014Human Resources Head

Thank you for your feedback.

Some of your comments seem a bit stretched - e.g. that you were a team lead, but were scolded by your peers - but regardless, I appreciate the opportunity to share
    ... More

Nice Firm

Former Employee - Computer Scientist  in  New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Computer Scientist in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Belzabar Software Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great colleagues
    Awesome learning curve
    Challenging work in most projects
    Freedom to code in the best possible way.
    Great Salary
    Co-operative management.
    Technical Talks

Cons

Could grow larger, with the amount of talent it has and can have.
    Could focus more improving brand value of the firm.
    Needs to have a vision in place.
    Timesheets are a necessary evil.

We can grow more and become a larger and better firm.
    Add more code and design reviews in the development process, to improve products.

Very Good Company to work for !

Former Employee - Lead Business Analyst  in  New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Lead Business Analyst in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Belzabar Software Design full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel Belzabar is a very good company to start ones carrier.

1. If "Learning" is the objective then Belzabar is the place to be. There is a lot of learning opportunity. Its not a great place for people with a laid back attitude. People who are on the top of things are appreciated & felicitated timely.

2. There is hardly any politics, focus is on learning and getting things done.

3. They have a very good client base. Apart from having projects for some of the leading MNCs in the world they have a lot of US government projects as well. hence there is always a continuous cash inflow.

4. BA's who perform well are given complete work independence in due course of time and get the opportunity to work as Project Managers. This goes a long way in grooming these individuals and prepares them to take on Product Manager roles in the future.

5. They are good pay masters and give decent appraisals to good performers. Outstanding individuals are given mid year appraisals as well.

6. They have a overtime policy where people working beyond 8 hrs a day are compensated accordingly. Most of the companies expect their employees to put in extra hours during critical times, Belzabar compensates for those extra hours however others dont. This policy is also misused at times but still its a great thing to have.

7. HR Policies are very good :
    a. The PM's do not shy away from giving team members their due share of leaves.
    b. As a policy they offer good salaries.
    c. For team building the HR organises monthly dinners & yearly outings at good places.
    d. Special shopping/dining vouchers are distributed on major festivals.
    e. During exit the earned leaves are compensated based on the total monthly salary of the employee unlike a lot of other companies who just compensate on the basis of the basic salary.
    f. Even after exit the HR is very responsive and resolves all queries related to Form 16, PF etc.

8. Irrespective of what you are - BA, DEV or QA; they do not restrict anyone to one technology. Performers are handpicked and are given ample opportunities to work on different technologies and enhance their skill set.

9. They are large hearted people and do not fire anyone unless its absolutely necessary.

10. Their core principles are strong. Even during the recession era the company preformed reasonably well.

Cons

1. Sometime the work life balance is effected a bit due to time zone difference between India and US but its something that can be easily managed.

2. Employees on critical positions should be given laptops so that they can work as effectively from home as well. Presently all the employees have to configure their personal systems if they desire to work from home.

3. Internal training is carried out but there is no option for employees to undertake any kind of certified courses.

Not Very Happy or Satisfied

Former Employee - Test Engineer  in  New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Belzabar Software Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

After reading all the reviews, I felt like i need to give the review of this company in my opinion. I am not a guy who is really used to give reviews on internet. Please note that this my review is based on my experience of the company 2 years back.

So to start regarding the Pros:
    1. Very friendly working environment. Actually a bit over friendly which costed me sometimes.
    2. Polices are very loose and flexible. They got pop-up when we found loop-holes within the existing policies. - The late arrival policy is made when i am there.
    3. I admire the CEO skills, but i am jealous and hate that i became a part of his ideas.
    4. The Director, HRs, Team Leads all used to be friendly and the parties and fun time is great.

Cons

Coming to the cons:
    1. Company HQ in New York ? All the payment and the policies goes in Indian ways and the work crosses from abroad to here. We never had chance to get there.
    2. The CEO as i mentioned is really talented, he uses Indian workmanship at Indian cost for the foreign work.
    3. This part of the company Belzabar Software, from website or from Indian point of view is nothing. The look of the company website has not changed for years, its there from the time i worked there.
    4. During the time i worked, each month at least an employee used to leave the company. The skills that i learnt was very less and those are only through work and not from study.
    5. I asked the HR when i joined the company, that i expected a board/Name plate of the company. Which i did not find even after i left the company.
    6. There can be lot of development of the company and the infrastructure can be made all time.
    Hope the Company recognizes it some day and will get into good position before it completely vanishes.

A sincere advise to Director, a lot can be developed and expansion can be made. Look at company as Belzabar Software being there from more than 12 years, and the state of the company at which it is.

Nov 26, 2013HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback. As you've mentioned, ours is a typical onsite-offshore model, and while a few employee visits to our US office will begin this year, we do not typically work on client ... More

Good Company give you opportunities to have your own ideas

Current Employee - Computer Scientist  in  New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Belzabar Software Design full-time for less than a year

Pros

No pressure of managers and team leads. Do whatever you want and how you want to do it.
    Good people. Many fields to learn and grow.

Cons

Time sheet system is really irritating sometimes but in the end you realize its only there so that you get the pay you did work for.

time sheet system is usually irritating so provide the employees with work yourselves, give them time limits but make it a monthly salary not time dependent salary, a developer's time usually gets wasted in deciding what to write how to write.

Poor and unprofessional Management

Former Employee - Computer Scientist  in  New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Computer Scientist in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Belzabar Software Design full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has over utilized its positive points. Only one good point now comes to my mind and that is they pay the package directly without any deductions.

Cons

1. Unprofessional Management
    2. Irresponsible [Don't wanna take responsibility for their mistakes, and will try to give random excuses]
    3. No systematic approach to ANYTHING [NEVER join as a fresher, as this would cramp up your future growth since you won't know anything about industry standards even after working here for 2-3 yrs]
    4. Poor growth [I am not saying about salary hikes, but about the company itself. Imagine a company launching itself with a tag as the 'Best private search engine' awarded and after 10 years is struggling to cross 10M $ revenue]
    5. Area of work very much limited.
    6. Work environment and culture isn't very liberal, and NOT at all FUN. Office space is very cramped.
    7. Treat software engineer with no respect.
    8. Their once good talent pool is now gone, thanks to all the other points.
    9. Office hygiene is poor.
    10. Useless policies. Their policies are only for harassment and not at all for any benefits.

1. Change yourself. To the CEO & director - Change all the managements staffs, they are inefficient, irresponsible, bossy and over-hyped.

Nov 7, 2013HR Manager

This seems to be from the same person, who had recently been fired. Most of these statements are untrue.

Our alumni, both fresher and lateral, have joined organizations such as Microsoft, Amazon
    ... More

Belzabar Software Design Photos

Worked for Belzabar Software Design? Contribute to the Community!