Belzabar Software Design Reviews

3.4
Anil Kumar

1. Software engineer

I have been working at Belzabar Software Design

Pros

company values perks policies time

Cons

training time off benegits hours

Great company to work with

Former Employee - Computer Scientist in New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Computer Scientist in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Belzabar Software Design full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great company to work with. It offers a good compensation.
    - The work culture is pretty good. The management listens to what an employee has to say.
    - Moreover, the company has great projects to work on. While working here you definitely have to keep yourself up to date with the new technologies, hence great for your career.
    - Option to work from home.
    - If you do your work properly and on time, company will go out of the way to help you.
    - Hefty salary packages
    - Free snacks!
    - Overtime benefits- company pays 1.5 or 2 times the hourly salary for every extra hour worked after 8 hours. That is pretty good. Rarely does a company do that in India.
    - Good HR people- I don't know about others, but the HR team is pretty good here.
    - Team outings
    There are a lot more good things about Belzabar - don't have time to keep on writing out here.

Cons

- The company is a bit over strict in terms of timings. If an employee enters the premises later than 10 am more than 2 times, there is a salary cut of 1% for each subsequent day. This is a way too harsh. Have some other rule in place, such that working 1 extra hour to cover that time etc. Have polls in the company and let employees be a part of the decision making process. This would be a great starting point for that. Cant think of any other cons right now.

Advice to Management

Involve employees in the decision making process, have polls etc for that, communicate with them. Give more freedom to employees, especially to those who get the work done correctly and on time.

Great place to jumpstart your career

Former Employee - Computer Scientist, Deputy Project Lead in New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Computer Scientist, Deputy Project Lead in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Belzabar Software Design full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Belzabar Software Design after finishing my undergraduate degree for two years before pursuing higher studies. Remember to factor in my work stint (a long time ago) when reading my review which will be a personalized one rather than generalized.
    Pros:
    * As a fresher the starting salary is extremely competitive and the highest for similar organizations.
    * I had no prior experience with the Java technology stack but I was assigned into a project using J2EE. I like being thrown into the deep end of the ocean in order to learn to swim, so I had a great time learning the nuances of the language and the technology stack. I had a great learning experience by trying to do new things. There is very little hand-holding which gives you a very rapid learning curve. As a software developer, the flexibility I got in designing and implementing a complex application from scratch was invaluable.
    * I was assigned a lot of responsiblity as a fresher in a new high-profile project which had just started. Depending on your performance, the organization shows a lot of trust in you which is great for your confidence and career.
    * Your work gets a lot of attention by senior management and it is rewarded by appraisals and promotions so its extremely easy to progress in your career and get rewarded for it.
    * You get what you work for. The per-hour pay and the overtime remuneration ensures that your extra work gets rewarded financially.
    * The work atmosphere was extremely friendly and informal, I made a lot of friends there, used to go out for 6 o clock cricket and football matches and the team building measures like monthly outings and yearly trips were always fun. This translated to extremely helpful colleagues who helped each other in their work.
    * My direct project lead was a fantastic person to work with. In retrospect, he had an invaluable contribution to my career. I also worked on a lot of projects directly with the director of the company who is an awesome person.
    * It's very easy to talk to people at all stages of management because there was very little red-tape.

Cons

* The visibility of the employees working out of the India office should be improved in the form of a technology blog or team profile or something else.
    * At times and depending on your profile the work-life balance can suffer. This can be particularly aggravated because of the time zone difference between the clients and the developers.
    * The workflow process is very ad-hoc and dependent on the team and individuals handling it. This can be systematized with recent agile working methodology and tools.
    * There was often an over-reliance on some key individuals which created unnecessary pressure on them and choke points.
    * Since developers were statically assigned to projects with very little chance of rotation (at least for key projects), after some point this can give a feeling of stagnation when the learning curve starts to flatten out.

Advice to Management

* While the compensation policy and appraisals are great, this often led to feelings of animosity among the employees. It might help to have a standardized, transparent compensation and appraisal policy to fix this issue.
    * As a developer employee, your view of the company and its plans and where it is going is extremely myopic. It would help to involve the employees more in it to give them a sense of belonging and more importantly to pick their brains for new project and product ideas (barcamps, mashups).

Great place to work, learn and earn!

Former Employee - Team Lead in New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Belzabar Software Design

Pros

I had worked for Belzabar Software Design for over 2.5 years in the past. I must say that I had learnt a lot and contributed a lot as well. Since I had left, I worked for more organizations.

So I can point out clear distinctions Belzabar had:

1. regular team-outings i.e. fun environment
    2. head-quartered in New York and has highly reputed clients
    3. senior management encourages new ideas, and they are accepted too -- you need to prove that the ideas are worth it
    4. over-time pay -- many of the companies don't have over-time pay

Advice to new joinees: Focus on your work, and the fun will come along the way for sure. Manage your time well and get things done sooner. There is a lot of potential for your growth with Belzabar, because you get very nice pay Belzabar now-a-days.

Cons

At some point the company had stagnated in terms of growth, however that was about 5 years back. Now the company has been "really" growing. Now there are offices in Pune ( India ) as well. I dont have much cons to share right now.

Advice to Management

Company could enhance its traning programmes to incorporate technology meetups and activities.

Very good experience

I worked at Belzabar Software Design

Pros

1 I had a very good experience working at Belzabar. The best thing about working was the environment. It was very conducive to work. No politics, very helpful peers and seniors, freedom to work, no restriction on breaks.
    2 There are a lot of opportunities to learn and grow.
    3 Salary specially including OT is good and annual hikes were good too. Though it's delayed by a month usually, but the arrears are given and it's done when you finish one year, so no one misses any evaluation cycle.

Cons

1 No training opportunity or financial support for people who are willing to enroll in trainings/certifications/courses outside office.
    2 There could be more flexibility in timing and work from home.

Great company.. Great experience...

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Belzabar Software Design full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* An excellent company for a fresher to enter the corporate environment.. and yet love it.
    * Tons of possibilities to learn.
    * An absolute delight for people passionate for coding. Great opportunities to explore and work on some new technologies.
    * A great healthy work environment. Fun.. stress-free.. freedom to code...
    * Comfortable location...
    * Very intelligent colleagues around you.. a very inspiring environment.
    * Everyone is very helpful.
    * No office politics... just fun work...
    * Oh yes.. A really good take home salary to be proud of.. with good increments and bonus.
    * Free snacks.. cold drinks.. juices... Well yes they count when you're really hungry and don't wish to break the work flow.. this just gets you going...
    * Overtime ! (now that's rare in IT world.. gotta appreciate that guys.. you work hard you get paid for it too)
    * Very friendly and helpful management. HRs always there to help and guide.

Cons

* No professional training/workshops provided for working on new technologies..
    So its fun to learn on your own and then improvise by applying it... But having a background of the tech and knowing best practices followed before hand..would only help catalyze and improvise the implementation with better quality of code and product performance.
    * Incoming work balance... sometimes the work is less... And its get a bit boring for people who crave for good projects and work...

Good company, I am enjoying working with them!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Belzabar Software Design full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were many negative reviews about the company and I feel that I should write about my experience with them. I have noticed that people who are frustrated often write reviews whereas people who are satisfied or happy doesn’t really spare time to write reviews or comments. So here is a review from a satisfied employee.

I am working with Belzabar from almost 3 years and loves the company and my colleagues.

Pros are:
    Very nice culture, no office politics, good appreciation of work, amazing learning curve, freedom to work, new ideas are always encouraged, good bonuses, good overtime allowances.

Cons

No training programs for the existing employees for their career growth.

9. Balance life with good pay

I worked at Belzabar Software Design

Pros

Balanced work life
    Good remuneration
    Cool working environment

Cons

late working hours, selection process is not good

Really nice work Environment

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Belzabar Software Design full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice work environment to work in . Gives you an opportunity to grow and bring in to action your creative ideas.

Cons

At times there is too much of work.Work balance needs to be maintained.

Advice to Management

Work balance needs to be maintained.

11. An average company to work for and management can be better

Former Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Belzabar Software Design full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Good work and work environment
    2. Nice colleagues. Some of the freshers they hire are technically very good and its nice working with them.

Cons

The management can be better. The work balance can be improved. Sometimes there is too much work and sometimes there is no work at all.

Advice to Management

None

Belzabar Software Design Photos