Belzabar Software Design

Belzabar Software Design Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Anil Kumar

Really nice work Environment

Computer Scientist (Current Employee)
    New Delhi (India)

ProsVery nice work environment to work in . Gives you an opportunity to grow and bring in to action your creative ideas.

ConsAt times there is too much of work.Work balance needs to be maintained.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork balance needs to be maintained.

An average company to work for and management can be better

Senior Computer Scientist (Former Employee)

Pros1. Good work and work environment
    2. Nice colleagues. Some of the freshers they hire are technically very good and its nice working with them.

ConsThe management can be better. The work balance can be improved. Sometimes there is too much work and sometimes there is no work at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Extremely Poor Company with no intentions to grow.

Team Lead (Former Employee)
    Delhi (India)

ProsIt's located within Delhi with close vicinity to all amenities and facilities.

ConsThis company is a trap. Dont be fooled by the HR and management. You could end up ruining your peace of mind by working here.

Poor infrastructure with scattered rooms (called as offices) on different floors in a multi-storeyed commercial complex. You need to move to different rooms and floors to coordinate for your work.

The HR and Management is very rude and they talk to you and scold you like you are a small kid in school.

They are only working on developing small and childish applications now. Most of the big projects are either gone or are in maintenance phase. So quality of work and scope of learning is very low.

There is always pressure of filling the timesheets. If you don't fill them on time you will have bear the rude HR and management.

Ift there is not enough work in the company (which happens a lot of times), you have no choice but to cut hours and get underpaid as they only pay for the hours you work and put in the timesheet. If you put wrong information in the timesheet to complete full hours, you are going to be punished strictly as the management people have no other work but to review timesheets.

No centralized air conditioning. Window and split AC's are installed for which the fights are always on to turn on and off based on the employee's seat.

HR is biased and helps the people who are in their personal contact.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to grow up. Some senior people behave like a 5 year old. You need to get some smart and intelligent people in the management.

Flag Review
    Belzabar Software Design Human Resources Head responded to this review Jun 30, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback.

Some of your comments seem a bit stretched - e.g. that you were a team lead, but were scolded by your peers - but regardless, I appreciate the opportunity to share
    ... More
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice Firm

ProsGreat colleagues
    Awesome learning curve
    Challenging work in most projects
    Freedom to code in the best possible way.
    Great Salary
    Co-operative management.
    Technical Talks

ConsCould grow larger, with the amount of talent it has and can have.
    Could focus more improving brand value of the firm.
    Needs to have a vision in place.
    Timesheets are a necessary evil.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe can grow more and become a larger and better firm.
    Add more code and design reviews in the development process, to improve products.

Very Good Company to work for !

Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    New Delhi (India)

ProsI feel Belzabar is a very good company to start ones carrier.

1. If "Learning" is the objective then Belzabar is the place to be. There is a lot of learning opportunity. Its not a great place for people with a laid back attitude. People who are on the top of things are appreciated & felicitated timely.

2. There is hardly any politics, focus is on learning and getting things done.

3. They have a very good client base. Apart from having projects for some of the leading MNCs in the world they have a lot of US government projects as well. hence there is always a continuous cash inflow.

4. BA's who perform well are given complete work independence in due course of time and get the opportunity to work as Project Managers. This goes a long way in grooming these individuals and prepares them to take on Product Manager roles in the future.

5. They are good pay masters and give decent appraisals to good performers. Outstanding individuals are given mid year appraisals as well.

6. They have a overtime policy where people working beyond 8 hrs a day are compensated accordingly. Most of the companies expect their employees to put in extra hours during critical times, Belzabar compensates for those extra hours however others dont. This policy is also misused at times but still its a great thing to have.

7. HR Policies are very good :
    a. The PM's do not shy away from giving team members their due share of leaves.
    b. As a policy they offer good salaries.
    c. For team building the HR organises monthly dinners & yearly outings at good places.
    d. Special shopping/dining vouchers are distributed on major festivals.
    e. During exit the earned leaves are compensated based on the total monthly salary of the employee unlike a lot of other companies who just compensate on the basis of the basic salary.
    f. Even after exit the HR is very responsive and resolves all queries related to Form 16, PF etc.

8. Irrespective of what you are - BA, DEV or QA; they do not restrict anyone to one technology. Performers are handpicked and are given ample opportunities to work on different technologies and enhance their skill set.

9. They are large hearted people and do not fire anyone unless its absolutely necessary.

10. Their core principles are strong. Even during the recession era the company preformed reasonably well.

Cons1. Sometime the work life balance is effected a bit due to time zone difference between India and US but its something that can be easily managed.

2. Employees on critical positions should be given laptops so that they can work as effectively from home as well. Presently all the employees have to configure their personal systems if they desire to work from home.

3. Internal training is carried out but there is no option for employees to undertake any kind of certified courses.

Not Very Happy or Satisfied

Test Engineer (Former Employee)
    New Delhi (India)

ProsAfter reading all the reviews, I felt like i need to give the review of this company in my opinion. I am not a guy who is really used to give reviews on internet. Please note that this my review is based on my experience of the company 2 years back.

So to start regarding the Pros:
    1. Very friendly working environment. Actually a bit over friendly which costed me sometimes.
    2. Polices are very loose and flexible. They got pop-up when we found loop-holes within the existing policies. - The late arrival policy is made when i am there.
    3. I admire the CEO skills, but i am jealous and hate that i became a part of his ideas.
    4. The Director, HRs, Team Leads all used to be friendly and the parties and fun time is great.

ConsComing to the cons:
    1. Company HQ in New York ? All the payment and the policies goes in Indian ways and the work crosses from abroad to here. We never had chance to get there.
    2. The CEO as i mentioned is really talented, he uses Indian workmanship at Indian cost for the foreign work.
    3. This part of the company Belzabar Software, from website or from Indian point of view is nothing. The look of the company website has not changed for years, its there from the time i worked there.
    4. During the time i worked, each month at least an employee used to leave the company. The skills that i learnt was very less and those are only through work and not from study.
    5. I asked the HR when i joined the company, that i expected a board/Name plate of the company. Which i did not find even after i left the company.
    6. There can be lot of development of the company and the infrastructure can be made all time.
    Hope the Company recognizes it some day and will get into good position before it completely vanishes.

Advice to Senior ManagementA sincere advise to Director, a lot can be developed and expansion can be made. Look at company as Belzabar Software being there from more than 12 years, and the state of the company at which it is.

Flag Review
    Belzabar Software Design HR Manager responded to this review Nov 26, 2013 EditDelete
    Thanks for your feedback. As you've mentioned, ours is a typical onsite-offshore model, and while a few employee visits to our US office will begin this year, we do not typically work on client ... More

Good Company give you opportunities to have your own ideas

Computer Scientist (Current Employee)
    New Delhi (India)

ProsNo pressure of managers and team leads. Do whatever you want and how you want to do it.
    Good people. Many fields to learn and grow.

ConsTime sheet system is really irritating sometimes but in the end you realize its only there so that you get the pay you did work for.

Advice to Senior Managementtime sheet system is usually irritating so provide the employees with work yourselves, give them time limits but make it a monthly salary not time dependent salary, a developer's time usually gets wasted in deciding what to write how to write.

Poor and unprofessional Management

New Delhi (India)

ProsThe company has over utilized its positive points. Only one good point now comes to my mind and that is they pay the package directly without any deductions.

Cons1. Unprofessional Management
    2. Irresponsible [Don't wanna take responsibility for their mistakes, and will try to give random excuses]
    3. No systematic approach to ANYTHING [NEVER join as a fresher, as this would cramp up your future growth since you won't know anything about industry standards even after working here for 2-3 yrs]
    4. Poor growth [I am not saying about salary hikes, but about the company itself. Imagine a company launching itself with a tag as the 'Best private search engine' awarded and after 10 years is struggling to cross 10M $ revenue]
    5. Area of work very much limited.
    6. Work environment and culture isn't very liberal, and NOT at all FUN. Office space is very cramped.
    7. Treat software engineer with no respect.
    8. Their once good talent pool is now gone, thanks to all the other points.
    9. Office hygiene is poor.
    10. Useless policies. Their policies are only for harassment and not at all for any benefits.

Advice to Senior Management1. Change yourself. To the CEO & director - Change all the managements staffs, they are inefficient, irresponsible, bossy and over-hyped.

Flag Review
    Belzabar Software Design HR Manager responded to this review Nov 7, 2013 EditDelete
    This seems to be from the same person, who had recently been fired. Most of these statements are untrue.

Our alumni, both fresher and lateral, have joined organizations such as Microsoft, Amazon
    ... More

Worst Company Ever!!!

(Current Employee)

ProsI did not find any pro till now. No pros. So I will start with cons from here.
    In my career, I have worked in four different IT companies and this is the worst company I have ever seen or even heard of because of the following reasons:-

1. There are hidden terms and agreements, which are definitely not shared before the joining. I asked for a copy of the same, on which I received a reply that you will be given that only on the day of joining.

2.The company may have any amount of growth rate from projects (by misleading clients as well) but its employee strength has never crossed even 100 employees in past 11 years.

3. Talking about the HR policies (This is the worst part of the organization I believe. Ohh sorry!!! infrastructure and administration give it a very tough competition in being worse) :-

a. Like previously quoted by HR "Overtime salary when working beyond minimum hours (are you aware that most IT organizations in India follow a fixed 9 hour working window, and have no benefits when people stay back beyond those hours?)"

TRUTH :- If they say they give overtime, then beware, the hidden part here is that there is an UNDER-TIME" too. If there is no work as most of the times their projects go on hold or they are in pipeline (which probably seems to be blocked), then you cannot log 8 hours especially senior members cannot even log time in learning nor can you over log a request. You are an
    employee on CONTRACT with the official term given as FULL-TIME. This behavior does not seem professional to me.
    COMPARING WITH THE IT COMPANIES IN INDIA :
            i) Other IT companies may not give you overtime, but at least they don't underpay you when they cannot provide you enough work.
        i) Other IT companies have a better infrastructure (Unlike belzabar, which has common washrooms for girls and boys).
        ii) Other IT companies maintain hygienic standard (Unlike belzabar, which has dust on systems, which we have to clean our self).
        iii) In Belzabar, if you are made to work at night the washrooms stink and for water you have to go and make arrangements on your own.
         iv) Even for cabs, you will have to make arrangements on your own if you are made to work at night (working at night is expected from you else you are given a bad appraisal or you can even be asked to leave the company).
        v) If you are in Belzabar, be ready for AC fights, that is, they still have window AC's, if you are sitting in front of it, you may get unwell soon, trying to turn it off or increasing temperature may affect other employees (who are sitting away from it), so in the end if you are thinking of joining Belzabar, this is what you have to do in your free time : turn on AC and turn off AC. Also, at places to tackle this they put office fans. I really wonder how do they compare themselves with other IT companies in any terms at all.
        vi) Fights over AC is not the only thing, there are arguments over other resources like Windows machine, android and iOS devices. So, the time which could be productive by thinking of architecture, design and coding in other companies is wasted in doing things which is done by IT department in most IT companies.
        vii) Also, there will be frequent cases like, you may see insects or rats or lizards in the organisation. At times, it stinks there because these creatures are found dead.You may see insects in the water cooler kept there or in coffee machines.
        viii) The machines given to software engineers for working are of very low configuration. Just giving a compile command makes you wait for minutes to get a response.
    Other IT companies give numerous other benefits which are "DEFINATELY" not there in Belzabar.

Consb. Like previously quoted by HR "Timings are quite flexible. You can chose to come as early as you wish, but not later than 10am. Most companies start work before 10am, and employees have to come at that time, come what may. At Belzabar, employees enjoy the benefit of coming late on 2 days to address personal work (which is 10% of a working month!). There are additional exceptions when people work late or have emergencies like doctors visit etc. "

TRUTH :- The IT professionals here are treated like labours and not professionals. Compared to big companies, most of them have flexible timings except for ones in which either there is a client requirement or some trainings conducted. As said "employees enjoy the benefit of coming late on 2 days to address personal work", AFTER WHICH there is a salary deduction of 1% of monthly pay per day (even if you are late by a minute). Well I had heard of it in schools, that you will be punished on coming late, I did not know the management here has still not grown up.

c. As the HR professional says "Leaves: Most companies forbid employees from taking leaves during the probation period. However, at Belzabar we understand emergencies can come up anytime, and employees can take leaves from the time they join the organization. Also, 26 days of leaves in a year is definitely at par (if not better) than the industry norm".

TRUTH :- Well, the management here has never been to good big brand companies (that is the reason why they have never crossed more than 100 employees in good 11 years. For which they give a reason that we hire people who work on multiple projects, but the truth is they torture their employees so much that hardly any good employee stays there for more than 2 years), almost every company gives leaves in probation and besides the so called 26 leaves (out of which in the first year, you are given no earned leaves, so left with only 14, that too if you join in january), there are only 8 COMPANY leaves (you have to attend office during many festivals), 1 of which is always reserved and given as per management's discretion.
    No unpaid leaves are allowed for long duration unless you exhaust all your leaves first.
    Its even worse when they have work from clients, they can ask you to work even if you are in the middle of a holiday/leave or lunch/dinner & if by any chance you are not available, an employee is sent to your residence to make sure you get available at any hour they want you to and if you get frustrated and say no, then even better is waiting for you, your appraisal will get affected FOR SURE.

d. Interest free loans for medical purposes, buying laptops, and certain other situations.
    TRUTH :- The interest free loans are given to buy laptops or other stuff along with which the policies are amended accordingly. So, if you say you want laptop for an official purpose, then you will be said yes for the loan but before that a new policy of not using laptop for official purposes will be made. (Policies are made on the fly and in accordance to management's convenience, not even once are employees taken into consideration while doing the same).

The list is long and I could go on and on about the employee unfriendly policies.

4. Your CTC may seem to be a good figure but beware, there is a performance bonus, which is not paid full and they give totally illogical reasons for doing the same (as it is variable). The appraisals here are even worse. They increment like 5k to max 10k per month no matter how good you have performed.

5. The language used to talk to you is only professional till the time of interviews, but after joining, the management may use threatening tone as and when it pleases them or may even insult you at times by using abusive language and insulting phrases. They do not trust their employees at all and probably instead of running an IT company they can join some spy agency, as they have put cameras in each and every room and probably plan to put it on everybody's desk in near future.

6. Their BEST TARGETS are INTERNS. They hire interns from good colleges, give them a misleading view of the company by taking them to good places for parties and by giving them complex project work.Also, they spend more on them and almost all interns are given PPO's because being from good college their technical level and aptitude level is far above what is required for company's projects.

7. The company had good culture some years ago but now its a complete mess. Join it only if you want to ruin your career and increase the level of frustration in your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management people need to be changed completely. Hire people who have good business sense not people who act as a spies.

Flag Review
    Belzabar Software Design HR Manager responded to this review Oct 29, 2013 EditDelete
    This is an untrue “revenge post”, from a person who was recently fired for gross timesheet fraud, after a previous warning. Almost nothing in this post is true, and its purpose is FUD. For example ... More

worst experience till date

Delhi (India)

ProsFor a fresher, this company gives descent exposure. They work on fairly new technologies.

ConsUnlimited...The management treats software engineers as labourers and keeps them under a watchful eye all the time .. HR mentions in one of the comments that there are no hidden policies..The truth is that there are various hidden policies...They cut salary by 1% on a daily basis if you are late by 1 min after 10 a.m. Salary is given on hourly basis. If company don't provide you enough work, then this is your loss. Time registered is calculated by hours spent in front of the computer. They have some spying software installed in all the machines..Too may policies to be followed all the time. Language used by management and even by HR is rubbish. Even if you are late, you will receive a direct call from HR scolding that you are late.I am an IITian and have worked with descent companies and have a earned a good reputation for my work . A person with decent calibre will get nothing but frustation in this company. No medical facilities and no insurance. I literally had to run away from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating software engineers as labourers. Keep the interface of HR away from their work.

Worked for Belzabar Software Design? Contribute to the Community!

Belzabar Software Design – Why Work for Us?

Work Somewhere... Rewarding Belzabar offers the best of all worlds: You will be rewarded with key roles in high-profile projects, valuable experience, a great salary, and lucrative bonuses. We recognize excellence… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Belzabar Software Design reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Belzabar Software Design CEO Anil Kumar. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by Belzabar Software Design employees.