Bemis Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
William F. Austen

Pros
  • Decent benefits, lots of structure (which can also be a con) (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor communication from upper management (in 4 reviews)

• When employees aren't promoted, doesn't that reflect poorly on middle management (in 3 reviews)

1. Bemis is truely a professional company with professional people

Current Employee - Supervisor I T Audit in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Supervisor I T Audit in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Bemis

Pros

Bemis treats employees with dignity, respect, and a professionalism unmatched in the country. Bemis finds, trains, and keeps excellent employees.

Cons

If you enjoy the northern states, like Minnesota or Wisconsin, then Bemis headquarters and location of employment may be a perfect fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good work. Your company is truely a wonderful environment to work and grow a career. Best wishes to your fine organization.

2. Very good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelbyville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelbyville, TN

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

very good pay for the area benefits are good , also good advancement opportunity just have to work hard and be a productive team member. Management at bemis promotes and fosters Safety programs the company truly put safety first. Good training for employee application also cogitative training, its like everything else in this country you have to work for it.

Cons

They live up to contract we made, they gave me a job benefits and pay and i agreed to work for it, that's all they expect. Safety protects people and Quality protects jobs you create your own job security!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good WORK

3. IT Systems Administrator for BMC Remedy ITSM.

Former Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Neenah, WI

I worked at Bemis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is great place to work. All of my co-workers were always more than willing to assist when needed. Working hours could be negotiated when needed to help me with any personal matters. Compensation was fair and in-line with market value.

Cons

Working in IT with a global company did require some off-hours support. This was expected and my supervisor was always sensitive to this.

5. Great Company

Current Employee - Principal Development Engineer Dairy Business in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Principal Development Engineer Dairy Business in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Bemis (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company and great leadership. Very much a team atmosphere and the benefit are great. I would recommend Bemis to anyone. This is a great company to work for with great leaders.

Cons

I can not think of any real negatives. Just the location. The Fox Valley is a great place to raise a family and most of the locations for Bemis are in the Fox Valley. There is nothing bad to say about this company.

Advice to Management

I think everything it going well. The employees are engaged and the management team is onboard with what needs to happen to make the company great. There is nothing to complain about. From the hourly employees up to senior leadership.

6. Great Place to Work

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company that continues to invest and grow. Rock solid history of performance. High performance culture really starting to take shape.

Cons

Legacy systems tend to make some back office functions more diffucult then they need to be. Sometimes the conversative nature of the company delays hiring when there are needs for additional positions.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path you are on. High performance culture and investing for the future. Developing the best Human capital and the reinvesting in the best equipment will set the path for profitable growth in the future.

7. Bemis

Former Employee - Business Process Improvement Manager in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Business Process Improvement Manager in Neenah, WI

I worked at Bemis (More than a year)

Pros

Strong financially. Solid knowledge of flexible packaging. Innovative packaging solutions.

Cons

Long hours required for certain positions.

8. Bemis IT is a great place to work

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Bemis

Pros

Global company that has a small company family feel to it. Bemis allows most employees to leave to take care of family or personal issues with no questions asked. Company is progessive with technology which allows you to work with a lot of great technologies. Very little micromanagement which allows you the freedom to do your job without someone staring over your shoulder all of the time. They tend to give you "cost of living" increase every year.

Cons

IT does not have a ton of visibility from the Senior Level Management which allows for a lack in urgency in keeping up with needs especially in the facilities. This is also caused by the fact that IT has done such a good job of meeting the needs of the company that there is no perceived problem. The separation of IT between Neenah and Oshkosh creates a disconnect between what to two areas are working on which can cause issues. Certain divisions or departments have too leniency to do their own things which creates support issues and undermines policies. Salaries tend to be 10-20% below industry for the size of the company. No review process just standard raises.

Advice to Management

Keep the great environment and add value by giving IT the tools they need. Do a salary review based on what the employees are doing not what their title is and compare it to the rest of the industry. Get IT department back to one facility.

9. Nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Bemis

Pros

Worldwide leader in plastics manufacturing. Very large company. Good benefits. I am glad to work for such a stable company.

Cons

I believe there are times when the sales force and the rest of the company don't communicate as well as they should.

10. I loved most aspects of my job even during the stressful economic times that the company experienced in recent years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at Bemis

Pros

I felt there was great interaction between departments to maintain a cutting edge within the industry. The manufacturing facility in Indiana managed to recover during economic challenges that required substantial downsizing.

Cons

It was very difficult finding opportunities for advancement. Most exempt employees worked very long hours on a regular basis, particularly during the economic hard times.

Large company

Current Employee - Engineer in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Bemis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pleasant place to work Hardworking, dedicated people Revenue funneled back into R&D and acquisitions

Cons

Average-to-Below average hourly pay and salaries Plants & Divisions managed differently, no standardization Lack of cooperation from plant-to-plant and corporate-to-plant High employee turnover in production

RSS Feed </> Embed