Ben Venue

George Doyle

Different

Validation (Former Employee)
Bedford, OH

I worked at Ben Venue as a contractor for less than a year

ProsNice location and work environment.

ConsI understand they are closing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company that made some mistakes with the FDA.

technician

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ben Venue

ProsGood people, good benefits, good pay

ConsThe company at that certain location decided to close its doors.

Challenging work, great colleagues, good pay and benefits.

Will Not Say (Former Employee)

I worked at Ben Venue full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMost fellow employees were professional and good workers, never had a problem getting alone with anyone.

ConsCompany fell into regulatory issues and ended up shutting its doors. All employees will be eventually let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have gotten rid of the bad Ben Venue bad managers and employees before it was to late. Ben Venue managers could have shown more personal interest. Boehringer Ingelheim, owned Ben Venue, and is still a great company to work for. They paid out a nice severance package.

Poor management

Scientist I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ben Venue full-time

ProsFlexible work hours. Able to work from home on occasion via laptop. So far I have always been allowed to use my PTO when I want. I have never been asked to work holidays or weekends...however, occasionally the unrealistic deadline imply that weekends are necessary. I have worked with some really hard-working, good people who care about the success of the company.

ConsHuge amount of bureaucracy. Cannot get anything done quickly including developing new products in order to be competitive in the generic drug industry. Every department operates as if it is its own entity, and as the result, each department has its own standard operating procedures and verbal rules. There is no alignment. Managers tell you not to go to other departments for advice/cooperation because they claim the other departments don't know what they're doing. Problems just fester because employees tell managers about problems, but managers are afraid to look bad by telling upper management. As the result, one department didn't have purified Milli-Q water for 1 year, which is a basic requirement for laboratory work. Excessive amounts of time-wasting meetings with manager, which prevents workloads from being completed on time. Employees that had been at the company for years were shown the door to make way for employees hired from the outside. Unfortunately, that lead to employees who are experienced in oral pharmaceuticals to take charge of a company that makes sterile injectables. Bad mismanagement. Managers looking out for themselves and wanting to look good for the vice president instead of caring about the company's success as a whole. Middle management is a big problem, but upper management should be more aware of problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementA manager should not be expected to know everything about everything, but he/she should be able to point employees to someone who is knowledgeable.

Bad mismanagement. Managers looking out for themselves and wanting to look good for the vice president instead of caring about the company's success as a whole. Unable to see the big picture. Managers are unwilling to stick their necks out and be accountable when employees really need something done. When serious problems are brought up, manager said, "Well none of the other managers are complaining, so I will look bad if I say anything."

it a very nice place to work

Lab Assistant (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I worked at Ben Venue full-time for more than a year

Prosthe people is nice the place is nice good pay

Consi have nothing bad to say about this place sorry!

Advice to Senior Managementthey ok

Once great company shutting down

Production Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Ben Venue full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOnce a profitable company with profit sharing and bonuses.

ConsShutting down all of production.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was sad to see the decline of this company.

Overall I've learned a lot from some of the people who were willing to teach.

I have been working at Ben Venue as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsThey were flexible with time allowing me to attend school and so on. Majority of the people were nice and willing to teach you things that were out of your scope.

ConsLike any company, you have that group of people that just doesn't like you for no reason. Management doesn't like listening to lower level people which is why the company is where they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey hired young people for a reason, but yet they didn't want to listen to them for ideas.

Could have been great

Lyo (Former Employee)

I worked at Ben Venue full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people we great to work with and it felt good making something that helped people.

ConsThe old culture there couldn't be changed and that was the downfall. The company tried to change but it was too late. They might have been better to fire everyone and start over. Starting with Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Loved my job

Senior Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ben Venue for more than 5 years

ProsEveryone is very friendly. We make life saving drugs.

ConsThis company is closing so there is no future employment opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many people were be promoted that weren't qualified to do the job they were hired to do.

N/A

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ben Venue

ProsEverybody tries to focus on the bigger picture and they do their best to improve the quality of drugs that they make.

ConsNobody among the departments communicates clearly and many set backs can happen.

Worked for Ben Venue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ben Venue reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ben Venue CEO George Doyle. All 47 reviews posted anonymously by Ben Venue employees.