Bench Craft Company

Updated Mar 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charley Cobb

A good opportunity for a good company

I have been working at Bench Craft Company for more than a year

Prosgood people to work with

ConsLocation was no a ideal position

You can't work there if you have any kind of integrity as a salesperson.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay structure is good if you're good at coercing people into buying air.

ConsCompletely unprofessional work environment. Someone blared over the intercom that stupid commercial with the camel walking through the cubicles asking "What day is it?" Yes, it happened to be a Wednesday. Lots of chit chat from people next to the training area about their sports gambling habits. And then two days later the same two knuckleheads got into a verbal fight over renewals. Toxic work environment. If you don't get deals over to a trainer after 3 days, you're gone, which is what happened to me. And I was really relieved. I can't coerce people into buying air. That said, if what they were doing didn't work, they wouldn't be in business.

Advice to Senior ManagementA less toxic work environment would be nice, and oh yeah, give people more time to hone their sales script beyond 3 days.

They Eat Their Young!

Project Manager Or Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
Reston, VA

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you are really desperate you might get a job with them but keep the resumes flowing, you will tire of the company's lack of good business sense .

ConsCustomers hate them. Lying to customers is encouraged. They lie to you about your compensation and don't pay you what you have rightfully earned (ridiculous, because the work is difficult and to be on quota you will work 60 hours a week). It is a scam to get you to work for the base and not pay you the commission and discourage and cheat you so you will leave and they will avoid paying you any benefits. I saw the office turn over 2 times while I was there ( 9 people left within 3 months, no one has worked there more than 7 months, including the manager, although the office has been there for 4 years). They are really unfortunate because they personify all that is wrong with todays employee grinding and cannibalistic employment process. Please, stay away, you have an opportunity now reading this to avoid the hell that others who decide to work there will experience. Insidious Hell !

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a good 12 step program than find a job that won't make you hate yourselves so much. You can escape, do so with Godspeed.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't do it

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time for less than a year

ProsInteresting concept. Good script. You never have to think. Great for people right out of detox if you can read and have no integrity. They do pay you. Pretty well if you meet quotas and like abuse.

ConsBullying management. You are selling ads into programs without deadlines so you have to lie to the client about when it will be published. Past clients hate you. There are many complaints about the company and new clients will find them and cancel . The only people who stayed were kids right out of detox--

Advice to Senior ManagementGet honest. Stop abusing your help.

Stay away from this company

I have been working at Bench Craft Company full-time for less than a year

ProsI can't think of one good pro about this company. This is a what have you done for me lately company, if you don't make sales you won't be at the company very long.

ConsLots of phone calls, if you don't make sales you won't be at the company long. Management in Portland doesn't understand times have changed and people watch their money and now think about every little dollar they spend.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people a chance, don't just make decisions on the fly. Let people have a chance to make sales before you fire them. Also, don't allow your recruiters to lie about the position.

Work hard, Earn a High Salary

Sales (Current Employee)
Woburn, MA

I have been working at Bench Craft Company full-time for more than a year

ProsStable 30 year old compnay with a Great starting base salary, Monthly Salary increases, cash bonuses, no weekends, M-F 8 to 5 so you can have a life, inside sales, a lot of growth opportunity.

ConsYou will be required to work hard and make a lot of phone calls. This job is not for everyone, those without a great work ethic, who can not make it to work on time or with any self discipline will not succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is tough but fair and driven to suceed. A winning team envirnoment.

Horrible place to work

Sales (Former Employee)
Woburn, MA

I worked at Bench Craft Company full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you can stand lying through your teeth and have no integrity or moral scruples, you might do well at the company. Offers decent weekly cash bonuses, except that they frequently arbitrarily decide it will be one of those weeks they will not pay them. They also never tell you in advance whether they will pay the bonuses that week.

ConsThe continual almost weekly turnover of employees should have been a red flag. The culture is one of continual threat and demand. One of the worst places I have ever worked. Within a month after starting there I began to realize that the company had no integrity. We were commanded to tell business owners that they would be getting many times more copies of their ads distributed than actually took place. The management has no regard for either employees or customers.

Worked for Bench Craft Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bench Craft Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bench Craft Company CEO Charley Cobb . All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Bench Craft Company employees.