Benchmark Hospitality

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alex Cabañas

Great Work/Life Balance

Prosgreat hours, paid holidays and a true caring of employees. Company believes that every employee is a valuable asset.

ConsEach hotel is run differently and the culture can feel different although the main office does try to promote the same culture throughout the properties

Hotel with holidays off

ProsAt Deloitte university we have 800 hotel rooms with fine dining for three meal. Starbucks and a nightclub

ConsNot busy enough at times to schedule full-time employees 40 hours

Lots of work, no recognition

Colorado Springs, CO

ProsPotential to make good money

ConsManagement expects insanely long hours, without these long hours pay is awful, you're never given the tools you need to complete the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementCrack down on properties that aren't making money/are mismanaged.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company that cares about it's employees.

ProsGreat Benefits
    Large opportunity to learn

ConsNot a great part time job because of the rollercoaster hours.

Benchmark has been such a pleasure to work for. The company really believes in supporting it's employees.

Chicago, IL

ProsThe weekly scheduling and support from my direct report really helps me want to work extra hard to support their initiatives. They are flexible and understanding of me, as a person, and thankfully helpful in ways of living my life through tough times.

ConsI have no cons to speak of at this time. They have been nothing less than supportive to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to your team members, give them the support they need to execute the jobs effectively. We are a support team, giving us the tools and support to do the job right, allows us to do the job right and with confidence. Never stop learning from the front line teams. We are the ones closest to the clients.

Chef

Chef (Current Employee)
    Bethesda, MD

ProsA good company to work for. With locations all over the us so if you are looking to grow and like to travel this a good place for you to work many opportunities to grow.

ConsNothing bad to say about the company, was there for 5 years and there were very pleasant, just relocated to Fl. so if I have the opportunity will work for them again.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep it up :))))

It's best days are behind it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent benefits, great properties, corporate only involved when there is a problem.

ConsThey are followers versus leaders in the industry. Corporate only involved when there is a problem. Huge egos in corporate office. Company was handed to CEO's son who is not ready for the responsibility. Burt is not the CEO any longer. Alex is a Harvard MBA, but little common sense. Typical qualifications in spoiled rich kids of Gen Y. Extremely high turnover in the last 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenchmark used to be innovators and leaders in the business...now it copies competition and is 2-4 years behind. Decide what kind of hotel company you are and be the best at it. Are you PLH, Conference Centers, Resorts????

Good Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, good discount at properties. Was able to stay at a lovely resort close to Disney World for $39/night.

Consannual salary increases are small. Property discounts are irregular, the best rates are only avail on off-nights like Tues or Weds.

Best Hospitality Company

Learning Event Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Richmond, VA

ProsGood benefits and nice work environment and company training.

ConsShifts could be better managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncorporate earlier shift opportunities.

Best company I have ever worked for!

Fitness Specialist (Former Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

ProsI worked as a Fitness Specialist for this company. The management and supervisors were outstanding. They showed great support and compassion for their employees. I left the company for a job move with my husband. I have yet to find another company like this. I miss my job!!

ConsNo cons that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep paying your employees well and they will continue to provide clients and customers with exceptional service.

Worked for Benchmark Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Benchmark Hospitality reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Benchmark Hospitality CEO Alex CabaƱas. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Benchmark Hospitality employees.