Benchmark Senior Living

Updated Jun 8, 2014

Benchmark Senior Living CEO Tom Grape

Tom Grape

Great

Director of Community Relations (Current Employee)
    Wellesley, MA

ProsGood working conditions and culture

ConsIt can be hard to unplug from work on days off

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing

Love this company!

DCR (Current Employee)
    Avon, CT

ProsFabulous co-workers who sincerely show an interest in helping each other! We work as a team and support each other like family. The residents help remind us why we do what we do...they are all wonderful people from various backgrounds and it's truly heartwarming hearing their stories! Benchmark offers many incentives for employees..... bonuses, on the spot rewards, gratitude grams and so many more incredible employee benefits. They are a very generous company and care about their employee's. They understand this can be a very stressful environment and are always there to help if needed.

ConsThe daily schedule can be very long and stressful.....however, these are today's work challenges wherever you are employed!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you Tom Grape! I am delighted to be part of your amazing team.

Wonderful Place to Work

ProsLeadership is key; they do a wonderful job. the majority of all associates leave happy at the end of their shift. Communication gets better each day

Consbalancing workloads can be a challenge at times

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to show support and leadership and that you don't mind pitching in when needed. I've seen growth from within and solid peer relationships which is great

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No morals what-so ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLoved the residents and daily interaction with them.

ConsABSOLUTELY no support what-so ever. Driven only by the bottom line. Closed door nursing home.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people and most of all the residents you lure in with unkempt promises of care. No time off ~ Speak up and get fired.

Heartless people

Manager (Former Employee)
    Waterbury, CT

ProsNone, after the initial smoke and mirror act on how great their company is they treat you like garbage.

ConsEverything, managers will throw you under the bus to cover their own mistakes. They also micro manage worse than anyone I have ever worked for and never appreciate a thing you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementJoin the senate where you will be among friends

Degrading

LNA (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the residents are wonderful

ConsDon't train new employees long enough.. Constant bullying and backstabbing. Too many unprofessional young workers that will throw you under the bus when you're not deserving of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more compassion for your employees and be mentors.

Bullying in the workplace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe residents and some of the co-workers are wonderful.

ConsManagement at all levels and how issues are handled or NOT handled.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestigate why some locations have such a high turnover/fire/resignation rate. There is a reason.

Gang of smoking and drinking senior managers

ProsActivities program leaders try to make everyday special and housekeeping works so hard.

ConsSenior managers fly in on their "brooms" to yell and tell the community team what to do. Only one regional last year really cared and worked with us and she was pushed out by the smokers and drinkers. I have worked here for almost ten years and don't recognize the company anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at yourselves. We only see hypocrites. You send us help and then you let them go because some people complain. The complainers are just like you. The gang at the top and the gang ED's seem to think it is ok to not work like we do at the community level. All we want is to see the pretty advertisements come close to what is really going on. This was once a great company. Where is Tom Grape?

A Place that truly cares for the residents

Dietary Aide (Former Employee)
    Middletown, CT

ProsBenchmark is a great place to work with a very friendly atmosphere. You can see how much the staff loves the residents. The mangers are great I felt welcomed as soon as I started my first day of work there. Also the residents are awesome and you gain so much knowledge from them.

ConsThe pay for the dietary aide job isn't the best but if your not in it for money then it will be the perfect job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to ask the managers to continue doing what your doing.

A solid mission

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGiven the authority to make decisions and ask questions later, to meet the needs of residents and families.

ConsMid-level and senior mangement with varying degrees of competence, resulting in tumult at the community level as they seek to justify situations and, in some instances, deflect their own responsability.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy well-designed HR principles at all levels to minimize exposure and maximize understanding of evolving situations as they develop.

Worked for Benchmark Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Benchmark Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Benchmark Senior Living CEO Tom Grape. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Benchmark Senior Living employees.