Beneco

1 Rating

Extremely Satisfied

Current Employee - Pension Administrator  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Pension Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

I truly enjoy working at Beneco. It is a family oriented company, and the people and staff make you feel like part of the family. The HR department was amazing and supportive during the interview process and still are today.

Cons

The software is older and there has been a sudden change is CEO's.

My boss told me to come on here and read the reviews. I am surprised by the negative comments. Beneco is a great company to work for.

The Worst Company to Ever Manage your Money!

Pros

Did not work for this company but a small firm that I worked for used them for 401K management. I've never had to struggle so much to get MY OWN MONEY. It's been a year and a half since I asked for my money and I keep getting the run around filling out forms after forms and still no money. Any advise from anyone that might have had similar experience?

Cons

This is absolutely the worst company to manage your money. Don't do it! You will have a hard time rolling over, getting a check or even checking your own funds online. you will be sending them the same forms and your driver's license time and time again, they'll wear you out. If I can save someone the headache with this post it would be worth the while.

Stop treating people as if it's not their money! Clean up your acts and train your staff or get out of the business! I feel totally violated that I have to go through so much to get what is rightfully mine!

Happy

Pros

Co-workers were really helpful, there were always new projects coming up and it wasn't the same routine everyday.

Cons

Not having all the supplies on a job site in order to complete the job in the time frame given.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Impressive company

Current Employee - Account Relationship Manager  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Relationship Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Excellent benefits; growing company with large market share in their business focus. Interviewed with them and they were well organized and seem to care about their employees. They have been in business for 25 years and continue to grow and hire people. In my initial research of the company I found that they have a very high retention rate for clients and that seems to be very unique in the financial services industry.

Cons

Did not see any cons that I could identify. Company is expanding and hiring which is good news in this economy. I think that speaks to the uniqueness

Look at expanding office locations around the country

Very dissapointing

Current Employee - Pension Administrator  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Pension Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Beautiful office, free parking, good employees

Cons

Management is family and not accountable for actions. Poor HR department. A lot of mis-communication due to lack of structure by the HR department.

Please implement communication and have the HR department uphold confidentiality, not gossip.

Terrible & Inefficient Company

Current Employee - Foreman  in  Pleasant Valley, Dutchess, NY
    Current Employee - Foreman in Pleasant Valley, Dutchess, NY

Pros

Unfortunately for us, there are none.

Cons

My company uses Beneco for its retirement benefits management. Beneco's customer service is unhelpful, incompetent, and extremely difficult to reach.

Stop treating us as if it's not our money. We are adults and we know what to do with the money we've earned.

Very disappointing experience

Pros

Very nice office located in a nice part of town. Everyone was very friendly and truly seemed interested in doing the best job they could. Work hours were great and the hour lunch was a pleasant surprise.

Cons

Extremely disorganized. The literal lack of documented processes and procedures meant no training was provided, or clear expectations of job performance were made. Also, part of the interview process included a personality assessment. While the results of this assessment were never shared with me, they were referenced frequently in conversations to make assumptions about my work ethic and preferences.

From the outside, Beneco appeared to be a place for tremendous personal and professional growth. Once inside, what I found was a company with very good intentions but nevertheless dealing with numerous and very serious operational issues. To make matters worse, there is a lack competence in mid-level leadership which causes these issues to continue. In the end, I cannot say that Beneco is a company that I would recommend to a friend or family member work for. Just very disappointing experience.

Please take the time to review your processes and procedures and the mid-level leadership. The lack of substance in both areas is surely affecting your reputation and business.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Account Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Account Relationship Manager

Pros

Friendly Staff, beautiful office, free parking.

Cons

Inexperienced managers, no growth potential, weak compliance.

Difficult relationship between management and staff, closed door policy, mistrust of rank and file employees, workflow management issues, lack of response to staff needs to manage workflow.

Worked for Beneco? Contribute to the Community!