Beneco Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Zane Smith

1. Great Work Environment.

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Beneco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee benefits are great. Strategies and processes are being put in place to set the company up for long term success, which will lead to professional growth opportunities for employees. The company is small enough where you get to work and interact with co-workers in all departments making it easier to learn the business and industry. The company is growing and hiring some great new employees that are already making the entire staff better. Always have new and challenging projects to work on keeping the job from becoming repetitive or boring.

Cons

No major cons at this point, not everything is perfect but the areas that need improvement are being addressed and improvements are in process.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the best new employees that will bring new experiences and areas of expertise to the team.

2. Benefits Administrator

Former Employee - Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Its hard to say, at first things seemed great. I absolutely loved the line of work I was in and the pay was good. The company always had such great things to say about the future of the company.

Cons

The CEO held "pep talk" meetings occasionally to share how great the company is and how fortunate the employees are to work at Beneco. He always has such great things to say to the employees like they don't have to worry about their jobs, and other things that make the employees feel confident in their positions and feel comfortable coming forward with any issues or concerns however that is all a mask to what the actual vibe of the company is. Employees walk on eggshells coming in to work everyday fearing that everyday could be their last if any small mistake occurs. The department I was in lost a great manager Maria Chavez, after that everything started to go down hill. The two remaining employees in the department tried to get ahead of the tremendous amount of work left on their shoulders however it was evident that we needed a lot of help. When we started asking for help from managers that were appointed to represent our department they make it quite clear that the medical department was not a priority for them after asking for help numerous times with no response I moved forward and spoke to the next person in management who I thought would help however that back fired and instead of taking into account the concerns of the employees I was fired and looked at as a nuisance. All I wanted was to have the tools I needed to provide excellent customer service to my clients. I was great at my job and everyone of my clients received special and equal attention because I was trying to stick up for them and the overall mission of the department I was let go for no reason at all except for what seemed like retaliation for going above the manager to try and get these items done.

Advice to Management

The best advice I could give to management is to consider the thoughts and ideas of employees, the current managers did not know a lot about the day to day processes of the administrators so when their input is given it is misconstrued as attitude or trying to minimize their authority when that is not the case at all. I loved my job and was extremely sad to have to go, had management taken a look at the bigger picture and the suggestions given the department would have been in a much better place. Now they have one person in the whole company that knows what she is doing in the medical department and she is expected to complete all the work and on top of that train new employees. You may be doing great things on the outside but you also need to look on the inside and make sure your employees are happy or in the future you could lose a lot of hard working and experienced employees

3. "Re-examine Company Culture"

Pros

Unfortunately, there are no pros to share about this company. This company was bought out and changed hands to an investment group and a new regimen of "Executive Leadership". It no longer promotes a culture of service to the clients and its participants, but one of bottom-line profitability. It is very disheartening to see a company that for so many years valued and prided itself on building relationships with its customers, starting with the internal employees first and foremost, become disengaged with the founding vision it once was.

Cons

The new regimen of "Executive/Management" team has no expertise in this very specific industry. They never made an effort to extract and learn from its employee-base knowledge. Employees are now being hired not for the expertise or knowledge of position, but because vacant positions need to be filled and management does not have the insight as to what each position requires in qualifications. Employees live in fear of their jobs on a daily basis. There is no 'open door' policy, so any guidance, concern or support an employee may need to seek is not available. It is an unfortunate disservice to the company overall.

Advice to Management

Respect and listen to the handful of employees left in this company, that truly care about the "service" that each and every client and its participants are entitled to. The new regimen of "Executive Leadership" has turned this company into the bottom-line profits and does not have the best interest of the clients/participants at the forefront.

5. Much improved

I have been working at Beneco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ever since the new CEO took over in April, things have been great. Every manager has an open door policy, bonuses have been improved, and we get to work from home if we need to. They also moved a bunch of us from hourly to salaried employees. The company is growing and investing a ton in new systems and training. Right now, I couldn't be happier.

Cons

Very few cons right now, but it was a difficult transition from the old guard to the new. Everyone is fine now though.

Advice to Management

Better coffee in the morning.

6. Extremely Satisfied

I have been working at Beneco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoy working at Beneco. It is a family oriented company, and the people and staff make you feel like part of the family. The HR department was amazing and supportive during the interview process and still are today.

Cons

The software is older and there has been a sudden change is CEO's.

Advice to Management

My boss told me to come on here and read the reviews. I am surprised by the negative comments. Beneco is a great company to work for.

7. The Worst Company to Ever Manage your Money!

Pros

Did not work for this company but a small firm that I worked for used them for 401K management. I've never had to struggle so much to get MY OWN MONEY. It's been a year and a half since I asked for my money and I keep getting the run around filling out forms after forms and still no money. Any advise from anyone that might have had similar experience?

Cons

This is absolutely the worst company to manage your money. Don't do it! You will have a hard time rolling over, getting a check or even checking your own funds online. you will be sending them the same forms and your driver's license time and time again, they'll wear you out. If I can save someone the headache with this post it would be worth the while.

Advice to Management

Stop treating people as if it's not their money! Clean up your acts and train your staff or get out of the business! I feel totally violated that I have to go through so much to get what is rightfully mine!

8. Happy

Pros

Co-workers were really helpful, there were always new projects coming up and it wasn't the same routine everyday.

Cons

Not having all the supplies on a job site in order to complete the job in the time frame given.

9. Impressive company

Current Employee - Account Relationship Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Relationship Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Beneco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits; growing company with large market share in their business focus. Interviewed with them and they were well organized and seem to care about their employees. They have been in business for 25 years and continue to grow and hire people. In my initial research of the company I found that they have a very high retention rate for clients and that seems to be very unique in the financial services industry.

Cons

Did not see any cons that I could identify. Company is expanding and hiring which is good news in this economy. I think that speaks to the uniqueness

Advice to Management

Look at expanding office locations around the country

Very dissapointing

Current Employee - Pension Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Beneco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Beautiful office, free parking, good employees

Cons

Management is family and not accountable for actions. Poor HR department. A lot of mis-communication due to lack of structure by the HR department.

Advice to Management

Please implement communication and have the HR department uphold confidentiality, not gossip.

Terrible & Inefficient Company

Current Employee - Foreman in Pleasant Valley, Dutchess, NY
    Current Employee - Foreman in Pleasant Valley, Dutchess, NY

I have been working at Beneco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Unfortunately for us, there are none.

Cons

My company uses Beneco for its retirement benefits management. Beneco's customer service is unhelpful, incompetent, and extremely difficult to reach.

Advice to Management

Stop treating us as if it's not our money. We are adults and we know what to do with the money we've earned.

RSS Feed </> Embed