Benefit Express

Be The First To
Add Photos

Maria Bradley

Overworked, underpaid

ProsVery flexible with schedule. Very comfortable setting to work in.

ConsNo training. Throw you right into your position without the proper tools.

All in the Family

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement is quick to take credit for clients or projects that go well, and quick to point fingers when they don't go well. They do a great job of embarrassing you and degrading you in front of your peers. True success comes from mentoring and coaching, not ignoring and pointing fingers.

Cons'Family' members receive salary and benefits eventhough they don't work, but rather show up once or twice a week. This leads to resentment by other employees who work 50-60 hours each week.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a trusted partner

By far the worst company I have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

ProsThe only reason to work here is if you have no other possible options. Even then I would advise people to steer clear of this company.

ConsSenior management expects you to work free overtime during high volume months and then during slow periods are unwilling to allow you to leave early. I know emplyee's who in November have been told they can't use vacation time before the end of the year that they will lose. Raises are next to impossible to achieve and when you are lucky enough to get one it is a slap in the face.Over the last several months over half of the experienced staff has left due to horrific wages and rude senior management. This company also reaks of nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that just because people leave doesn't mean employees and former employee's stop talking to each other. All the things you put your former employee's through everyone who currently works for you finds out about. This is part of the reason for all the departures there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive experience...

(Current Employee) Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

ProsPart of a team, if you are good you get promoted and rewarded. They let you be a problem solver and take your ideas at heart and try to implement when feasible. No one is perfect but management has their heart in it. I even know of some employees who have received help financially (outside of salary) and did not even ask for it. I feel part of a team and needed.

ConsThe company is small so if you don't produce, call in sick alot or mis deadlines ( as some people do) management will notice it. Not a place you can hide.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you.

Stay Far away, if you are offered a job ----- Don't take it.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

ProsMost Co-workers are very nice and offer you help, Free lunch on Fridays....

ConsLack of Training, Upper management likes to stab employees in the back, Salary Exempt employees have to take time off in 4 hr blocks and if you have none they deduct time from paycheck, Stop the harassment!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at employee needs and the free lunches do not do it

A learning opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIn light of the low company morale the majority of employees were down to earth, hardworking, and fun to be around. Benefit Express can be a good place to learn, but many employees are taking what they learn to competitors.

ConsUncompetitive salaries as evidenced by the high turnover rate.  Management takes a reactive approach towards retaining employees as opposed to being proactive.  Salaried employees are expected to work long hours and weekends during the busy season with little flexibility during slower seasons.  This year employees have gone without many perks including lunch on Fridays, recognition from management, bonuses, and raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put family members on the payroll if they're not working in the company or can't make a real contribution to the business. Upper management needs to assess the current state of the company, take accountability, and start taking action to improve. Create an environment where employees feel valued, well compensated, challenged to grow, and WANT to stay.

This place is a joke......Seriously

(Former Employee)

ProsIts a paycheck and free lunch on Fridays (twice a week during Enrollment season)

ConsSenior Management is completely clueless, their software is horrendous and always causing errors. If a client should happen to have an issue, you are the one to blame even knowing it was due to inadequacies in the system. Select few get special treatment due to being in the "inner circle" while the rest work years with no raises and an already low salary. Exempt employees are treated as they are non exempt having to make up time off, yet not get paid overtime. Is that even legal?

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO needs to get more hands on with the company those currently in place are letting the business slip between their fingers. This should be evident by the mass exodus of employees as well as clients.

Worked for Benefit Express? Contribute to the Community!