BenefitMall

Updated December 11, 2014
Updated December 11, 2014
2.2

Bernie DiFiore

Worst company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Miami, FL

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

decent pay, nice co workers

Cons

poor management, horrible communication, poor hr

try to treat your employees better....

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

I worked at BenefitMall

Pros

After almost seven years of employment at BenefitMall, I can't think of one thing. Wait, maybe one thing, it was pretty close to where I live. There you go, I did think of something positive!

Cons

The Towson office is pure ghetto. Quite a few employees dress like hookers. Or cleaning ladies. Some even stink, but management said they couldn't do anything about it! So everyone around this employee would be nauseous from the stank. Cheap, depressing furnishings and accessories, The cleaning people are a joke, the place is filthy, and the woman's bathroom is disgustingly dirty. I don't think that I ever 'sat' on a toilet while there! One week we had to endure almost three days of stopped up toilets full of urine and feces. The smell permeated the entire floor! It was way beyond disgusting. Management did nothing. The office is forced to use old, slow, broken office machinery and slow, nonsensical, archaic online systems. Management is impotent, they 'rule' by bullying, lies, innuendo and threats. Management is in the dark as to what their employees actually do and have no interest in knowing unless they are getting ready to show you the door and HAVE to know. Some people work while many enjoy a full paid day while surfing braiding videos and prom dresses (for hours upon hours) on the internet, and that includes management, and their "favorites". Some employees enjoy hours long conversations with their friends at their desk. And some enjoy two hour lunches. Some people bring blankets and wrap up and take a little snooze, and I don't mean at lunch. Management openly practices nepotism, even at times managing their own children. If there is a problem with the manager's 'child' it is swept under the dirty carpet and the employee who had an issue is either silenced for fear of losing their job or they loose their job for bringing it to light. Management also enjoys talking smack about their employees in open forums (the cafe for one) for the whole company to hear what is none of their business. Can you say....unprofessional?! Management parties like it's 1999 resulting in some very unprofessional behavior in public. They also practice reverse discrimination, BenefitMall fears our black brothers and sisters to the nth degree. Management is an ego maniacal, controlling, self serving, joke (well known inside and out of the company!). Not only am I happier but I am also healthier since I am no longer employed at BenefitMall. In the twenty plus years of employment, I have never had to deal with anything close to what I had to put up with at BenefitMall.

Fall to your knees, not to get promoted {there are "rumors" about that as well there} and pray for forgiveness. Learn what the words integrity, respect & fairness mean.

A Horrible Company! The only good reviews are fake.

Current Employee - Information Technology in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Dallas, TX

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no pros except the paycheck.

Cons

Insecure manic leadership- fear based culture
    Micromanagement to the extreme
    Dishonest and unprofessional
    Scattered approach to projects
    Expected to log on and be available until 9PM
    No work/life balance- at all!
    Rude and disengaged co-workers
    Lots of competition and infighting- open hostility

Try to give a cap about the human beings who work for you.

Petty, unprofessional execs don't care about anyone but themselves

I worked at BenefitMall full-time

Pros

Some nice people who really care in the middle and lower rungs of the organization. These people work hard to overcome the many significant obstacles placed in their way by upper management's lack of perspective. Acceptable benefits.

Cons

Roles don't match what they recruit you for. Lack respect, integrity and professionalism at the top of the organization. Executives promote silos and engage in petty politics. Very backwards in way they do business. Surprised the company has done as well as they have to this point. Revolving door of employees. Before I joined, I took the bad reviews on Glassdoor with a grain of salt. Now I know that many of them are spot on.

Why waste my time, they won't listen anyway.

Great company with great opportunities!

Current Employee - Account Solutions Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Solutions Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have had a great experience working for three years at BeneftMall. Many things from opportunities to expand my knowledge base, skill sets, and leaders that could spot potential and were willing to invest in me. I have grown in confidence and have been challenged to be the best me possible. This is the type of company that although I live in NY I have had the opportunity to travel to the corporate office, and when I do, our CEO and CFO greet me by name. I don't carry a high level position, yet they take the time to know their employees. I have had great management and executive leadership that seek and listen to feedback from their employees. My role has expanded and I have been given more responsibilities based on my eagerness to learn and grow. I was never stifled or silenced, but rather encouraged and listened to. I have made many close friends at BenefitMall. When I first came in one of the first things that impressed me was the tenure of the employees. Every company has employees that come and go, but the amount of people that have spent their careers at BenefitMall shows that this company cares for its employees. I'm glad to be one of them. Very seldom to you find a place that encourages growth, has a great atmosphere, and lets you truly flourish. I found this at BenefitMall.

Cons

The benefit package is okay. It isn't terrible, but it isn't the best. I was a bit used to my previous employer that included naturalistic and chiropractic and such as regular preventative. But I haven't had an issues with my current benefits.

Beware IT people worst place for you to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Business teams are wonderful to work with, they are good domain knowledge. They are supportive and always available to help.

Cons

No Personal growth. Non technical people calling them IT managers are the worst to work with. They don't do there home work and blame others. The only way they survive is by licking the top manager boots. If you go for a interview the manager would bring a book for interview. How the hell if he does not know how can he be in a responsible position. Supervisor too does not have any idea only thing he knows is his budget, monitor peoples hours of people and act as if is the Jesus Christ of the company. Screw this guy. I can simply tell you these guys are the worst people to work with. Its like working for McDonald store.

Some developers take advantage of this in experience of upper management and project all the work double hours. Zero technical growth and also they made me work the whole month and then did not pay me. The excuse they gave is we checked our server logs he did not work.

"BEWARE DEVELOPERS DON'T JOIN THIS TEAM"

Please save your employees from these evil people.

One word...appalling. Horrible management, leadership and business practices,

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are very few pro's to working here. ..but they do offer free water,

Cons

Too many to list. Senior Management is a joke.

Does it really matter?
    Start taking your employees seriously and treat them with respect. Action speaks louder than words.

Stressful place to work

Current Employee - IT Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stable company that makes money.

Cons

Horrible benefits package, not enough employees to tackle the workload, not a very good work-life balance. After two years it seems payroll division still not migrated fully with Benefitmall division.

It will fall on deaf ears so nothing to say here.

does not take care of their employees

Former Employee - IT - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT - Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at BenefitMall full-time

Pros

the company is good and stable

Cons

1. benefits went from good to bad ( a lot of people are leaving because of this)
    2. the IT management does not have any retention plans for their workers, they do offer something when the employee decides to leave which is way too late by then.
    4. there's no training to update your skills, IT is fast moving so if you don't update your employee and they decide to stay in the company longer-then the company already lost the battle, the time to complete a task if your skill is updated will be far more faster than with the employee who is lacking the skill to do his job, because they will always have to research the solutions for everyday tasks.
    5. there are no programs to groom their employees, management tend to bring in new people so the current employees will not have the enthusiasm to do more because they are not aiming for anything.
    6. they give priorities to new hires even with the simple sitting arrangements instead of giving it to those with longer tenure.
    7. people leave the directors and managers not the company.

you are loosing good people because the management is thinking only of themselves and not the people who are actually doing the work.

Horrible company, way behind the curve. Payroll division at least.

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing good about this company..

Cons

Let's see...

Not nearly as lucrative comp plan as other payroll companies, ADP, Paychex, Paylocity, Paycomm to name a few. Benefitmalls comp plan for the salesmen is embarrassing. The product is embarrassing, still e mailing and faxing payrolls in 2014. All leads are self generated without a name to back it up. Horrible company don't waste your time, you won't make any money here.

Don't lie about how lucrative the comp plan is.

BenefitMall Photos