BenefitMall Reviews

Updated October 19, 2014
Updated October 19, 2014
2.3

Bernie DiFiore

Worst company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Miami, FL

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

decent pay, nice co workers

Cons

poor management, horrible communication, poor hr

try to treat your employees better....

Great company with great opportunities!

Current Employee - Account Solutions Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Solutions Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have had a great experience working for three years at BeneftMall. Many things from opportunities to expand my knowledge base, skill sets, and leaders that could spot potential and were willing to invest in me. I have grown in confidence and have been challenged to be the best me possible. This is the type of company that although I live in NY I have had the opportunity to travel to the corporate office, and when I do, our CEO and CFO greet me by name. I don't carry a high level position, yet they take the time to know their employees. I have had great management and executive leadership that seek and listen to feedback from their employees. My role has expanded and I have been given more responsibilities based on my eagerness to learn and grow. I was never stifled or silenced, but rather encouraged and listened to. I have made many close friends at BenefitMall. When I first came in one of the first things that impressed me was the tenure of the employees. Every company has employees that come and go, but the amount of people that have spent their careers at BenefitMall shows that this company cares for its employees. I'm glad to be one of them. Very seldom to you find a place that encourages growth, has a great atmosphere, and lets you truly flourish. I found this at BenefitMall.

Cons

The benefit package is okay. It isn't terrible, but it isn't the best. I was a bit used to my previous employer that included naturalistic and chiropractic and such as regular preventative. But I haven't had an issues with my current benefits.

Beware IT people worst place for you to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Business teams are wonderful to work with, they are good domain knowledge. They are supportive and always available to help.

Cons

No Personal growth. Non technical people calling them IT managers are the worst to work with. They don't do there home work and blame others. The only way they survive is by licking the top manager boots. If you go for a interview the manager would bring a book for interview. How the hell if he does not know how can he be in a responsible position. Supervisor too does not have any idea only thing he knows is his budget, monitor peoples hours of people and act as if is the Jesus Christ of the company. Screw this guy. I can simply tell you these guys are the worst people to work with. Its like working for McDonald store.

Some developers take advantage of this in experience of upper management and project all the work double hours. Zero technical growth and also they made me work the whole month and then did not pay me. The excuse they gave is we checked our server logs he did not work.

"BEWARE DEVELOPERS DON'T JOIN THIS TEAM"

Please save your employees from these evil people.

Stressful place to work

Current Employee - IT Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stable company that makes money.

Cons

Horrible benefits package, not enough employees to tackle the workload, not a very good work-life balance. After two years it seems payroll division still not migrated fully with Benefitmall division.

It will fall on deaf ears so nothing to say here.

One word...appalling. Horrible management, leadership and business practices,

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are very few pro's to working here. ..but they do offer free water,

Cons

Too many to list. Senior Management is a joke.

Does it really matter?
    Start taking your employees seriously and treat them with respect. Action speaks louder than words.

The worst employment experience of my career!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I have been working at BenefitMall full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I cant wait until I find another opportunity!

Cons

The worst company I have ever experienced! Horrific customer service!

Sell the company and get out of payroll!

Horrible company, way behind the curve. Payroll division at least.

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing good about this company..

Cons

Let's see...

Not nearly as lucrative comp plan as other payroll companies, ADP, Paychex, Paylocity, Paycomm to name a few. Benefitmalls comp plan for the salesmen is embarrassing. The product is embarrassing, still e mailing and faxing payrolls in 2014. All leads are self generated without a name to back it up. Horrible company don't waste your time, you won't make any money here.

Don't lie about how lucrative the comp plan is.

does not take care of their employees

Former Employee - IT - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT - Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at BenefitMall full-time

Pros

the company is good and stable

Cons

1. benefits went from good to bad ( a lot of people are leaving because of this)
    2. the IT management does not have any retention plans for their workers, they do offer something when the employee decides to leave which is way too late by then.
    4. there's no training to update your skills, IT is fast moving so if you don't update your employee and they decide to stay in the company longer-then the company already lost the battle, the time to complete a task if your skill is updated will be far more faster than with the employee who is lacking the skill to do his job, because they will always have to research the solutions for everyday tasks.
    5. there are no programs to groom their employees, management tend to bring in new people so the current employees will not have the enthusiasm to do more because they are not aiming for anything.
    6. they give priorities to new hires even with the simple sitting arrangements instead of giving it to those with longer tenure.
    7. people leave the directors and managers not the company.

you are loosing good people because the management is thinking only of themselves and not the people who are actually doing the work.

BenefitMall has been a great company to work for and has provided plenty of room for professional growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at BenefitMall (more than an year)

Pros

The internal growth is abundant across all departments and there is a great company culture. My manager also has a vested interest in her team and strives for us to succeed. The company is flexible and will do whatever they can to support their employees.

Cons

The new health plan is a challenge for some employees and there should be another option for people to opt into using.

I think management is doing great! Keep on supporting your teams to boost morale.

Worst place to work period

I worked at BenefitMall full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of any. I'm serious! Not one think positive.

Cons

Petty situation that are childish and unethical. There is no such thing as in integrity. Money is being made, but not to their employees. Managers have no training and if they had it, I don't see it. Human Resource are in on the managers side, some are friends of the directors and management. If a company don't fee employees should have an hour lunch or only use the bathroom on break. Its a bad company. Management will lie to your face. File an EEO complaint immediately. Human resources will pretend to help you then sweep everything under the rug.

Management is the problem. Hire better ones, get rid of ones that has poor performance. Listen to the employees stop running a high school.

BenefitMall Photos