Benetton

Be The First To
Add Photos

Luciano Benetton

Okay place to work.

Key Holder (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at Benetton part-time for less than a year

ProsEnjoyable place to work, for the most part.

ConsOwners were rude and out of touch - pay was terrible and inconsistant across employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like adults.

Unorganized

Keyholder (Former Employee)

I worked at Benetton full-time for more than a year

ProsCool clothes, nice discount, cool company, and great experience.

ConsQuality has increasingly declined over the last few years. Seems like the US market does not understand the brand. Music selection was terrible. Store closings through out United States. Low pay structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the quality instead of a million different ways of displaying a bad product.

Will never go back to a Benetton.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at Benetton part-time for less than a year

ProsGood Discount on clothing after a month

Cons-Extremely pushy sales models
-No key holder can show compassion or even attempt to boost their employees morale.
-commission is hard and at times not even worth it when it's only 2% of sales IF you make your two week sales goal.
-no communication to employees
-I got hired because I was "on brand" and dressed nice. So many girls with qualifications better than mine got turned down based on looks.
-management is too busy picking out outfits and gossiping than running a store.
-Management is all too busy giving snide & hurtful comments than helping employees succeed.

One of the WORST company's I have ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you hire someone who knows what they're doing and not some 25 year old who runs around like they know what they're doing.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You don’t have any opportunity to grow into that company.

Finance Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Benetton

ProsThe company was having great discounts in clothing for the employees.

ConsZero communication between the Senior Management and the employees. It is impossible to obtain a feedback

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to work in communication skills and training better how to work with a professional Finance staff. Some people that hold a very high position don’t know how to work with a professional group.

Avoid working for franchise

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Benetton

ProsThe product line is high quality and very diverse makes it fun to sell it.

ConsI was working in a small franchise that was poorly managed. Corporate stores are better choice.

love working there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Benetton

Prosgreat training and family like management

Consif you don't try then you will not keep the job for a while

Advice to Senior Managementneed to work hard

Working for Benetton has been challenging due to the lack of direction passed down from senior management.

Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Benetton

ProsThe store discount is the best perk of this job.

ConsThere is absolutely no room for growth whatsoever in this company. Chaos and disorganization run rampant in this company.

store operations

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Benetton

Prosgreat discounts and great clothes

Consno room for growth or movement within the company

Advice to Senior Managementdiversify

United Colors of Benetton in Santa Monica or any owned by M3T Corporation beware of arrogance and ungreatfulness

Sales (Former Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Benetton

ProsPay is one of the best in this level of retail starting between $11-$13 an hour.
Good benefits and great bounus and commision rates.
1/2 off discount for merchandise.

ConsCo-workers are hustling for customers and will steal yours if given the chance.(Alot of Back Stabbing)
Management does not care about or intrested in new ideas.
Owner does not even say hi to his employees he will just ask you where is the manager if you greet him he will give you a smile and nod.
No clarity when it comes to sales and clearance items alot of confusion.
Parking in Santa Monica is $5.00 a day and you can not eat your luch in the back or out in the promanade unless you buy it from one of the vendors. SO that means eating in you car and half your luch will be spent walking to and from your car no car well eat out everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen people are not performing as you like you should give them a warning and advise on how to do better. The owner and upper management should show more of an empowering personality and not be so cold towards your sales team we are the people bringing in the money and should be treated with alot of respect. Discourage gossiping and back stabbing so it is more of an encouraging environment for progression. Empower your sales force with positive feedback instead of only complaints.

Good Place for Commission Experience

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Benetton

ProsSince all Benettons in the US are franchised, they are all independently owned and operated. This means that each store's policies and codes will differ. The store in which I worked was very goal orientated and your performance was based on how often you met their daily, weekly, and monthly goals. Because of that it was the perfect store to learn how to sell and what it takes to succeed at commissioned sales.

ConsSenior management at my store was great. They were competent, reliable, and dedicated to achieving the store's goals and was always there to help however they could. Unfortunately the assistants and keyholders didn't share the same professionalism and made working with them utterly unbearable. The store owner's ego was horrible, but the upside to that was she only came in ever so often. The rate of our commission was not very competitive since we only received 2% of the merchandise we sold and that was only if we met our 2 week selling goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome advice to the management would be stop doing favors for friends and hiring them because they need a job. A lot of the people that were brought in could not even do simple math or spell. It was so hard to work for someone that had a reading comprehension level of a 5th grader. Also beauty does not mean a hard and diligent worker. I saw plenty of people applying for a management position with an amazing resume get turned away because they didn't look like a supermodel.

Worked for Benetton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Benetton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Benetton CEO Luciano Benetton. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Benetton employees.