Benjamin Moore Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Michael Searles

Pros
  • Free lunch when visiting corporate offices with that benefit (in 48 reviews)

• As an employer BM has always been accommodating when it comes to work / life balance (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • People have become a joke to Senior Management (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management does not listen to their customers or employees (in 12 reviews)

Not your fathers Ben Moore!

I worked at Benjamin Moore full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive compensation and incentive .

Cons

Ever changing corporate culture over the last two decades. HR calling the shots, letting good people go for the wrong reasons and letting the weak and corrupt remain.

Marketing Manager

I have been working at Benjamin Moore full-time

Pros

The work life balence is good.

Cons

Could be better at understanding end users.

Job Posting: ERP Scapegoat Director

I have been working at Benjamin Moore full-time

Pros

Excellent position. Report directly to the CIO. Tremendous career advancement. CAO has approved this short-term position. Job responsibilities: good at taking blame from PMO office, CIO, and CAO. Able to accept failure even though its not your fault. Good at working late hours with no respect. OK with no paid time off.

Cons

CIO created position for another excuse to save his job.

Advice to Management

Great job. The whole company knows the truth now, including the CEO. How come the CIO can't perform the ERP directors job? Just a big mess with the wrong people in charge. Maybe Zero-based budgeting will hide the true cost overruns on this project lol.

5. Leadership

Current Employee - Filling Line Operator in Pell City, AL
    Current Employee - Filling Line Operator in Pell City, AL

I have been working at Benjamin Moore full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful people work in production. I have made some amazing friends over the years here. Respectable pay Pretty decent benefits Nice Facility Benjamin Moore is a well respected legendary company that people are proud to work for. It feels good to say that I've made a career working here.

Cons

If we had a competent and personable leader at the top of this plant we would have most everything we need. Seriously, all of the other issues are minor by comparison. Collectively we can fix everything else as a group. This is the one thing we can't change ourselves which is holding us back. If I had to identify a second most urgent issue it would be safety. The numbers don't truly represent how many close calls we have. But again, this goes back to leadership at the top. This is constructive criticism. Every employee in America wants a safe environment to work in with a personable and competent leader.

Advice to Management

The hardest part of building any organization is finding good people. We have an army of amazing people at this plant in Pell City. Get us a new coach and watch this plant soar! The talent is in place

6. Paint mixer

Pros

The wages are gold and so the people

Cons

Sometimes work slows down and u get less hours

Manager

I have been working at Benjamin Moore full-time

Pros

Great insight and critique. Can offer great constructive criticism to evolve one's work and create an overall better product. Not much to complain.

Cons

Short and narrow career growth opportunities. Too much politics can also be a common theme in this company. It's rare to see any promotions.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to retain people long term. By showing long term opportunities are available you will encourage people to stick around beyond two years.

Accountant

Pros

Company with long history, parent company support

Cons

Horrible working environment, no recognition unless you cozy up to management and are outspoken.

9. Project Coordinator

Pros

Good company, nice environment, potential for growth.

Cons

Mostly male upper level management.

Made a wrong turn

I have been working at Benjamin Moore full-time

Pros

The free lunches, yes that is about that.

Cons

No one wants to be accountable for anything so the fingers are always pointed. Tons of new incompetent outsourcing which just leads to more work. New management teams are all in the same sack pushing everyone around. And forcing blame unto others when they are at fault.

Advice to Management

Wake up, seriously.

Marketing 101

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Pros

Free lunch, good products and loyal customer base.

Cons

We're no longer known as a national company, we're the equivalent of a regional grinder. Since we lack solid leadership, it takes forever to make a decision and even longer to act on it. Even with the massive increase in paid media, our Marketing has been ineffective at best, marking the beginning of the end. Our CMO seems nice enough, but comes across as very reclusive, indecisive and overmatched. We're all praying that our new VP can help lead us out of the Abyss.

Advice to Management

New CMO has had absolutely no impact whatsoever. Let's just say nobody ever sees him or his executive cronies who are locked away in their ivory dungeon. How about providing guidance or a semblance of leadership once in a while? Marketing at a company like this shouldn't be this difficult. For example, have you looked at our website? It's like a kid in middle school designed it. Please help before our market share erodes even further.

RSS Feed </> Embed