Benjamin News Group

www.bngmsla.com

Benjamin News Group Reviews

2.9

Edward Murphy

Terrific place to work , good values

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Benjamin News Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are supportive and available

Cons

Needs technology update as soon as possible

Update technology's and full steam ahead

Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Ar Clerk in Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - Ar Clerk in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Benjamin News Group

Pros

um...sometimes there would be barbeques and we would get free magazines. I guess free coffee as well...I'm really grasping for positive things here...

Cons

HORRIBLE management style. terrible pay for the amount of work done and awful working conditions under the office manager. She would berate people in public and micro manage to no end.

The economy is bad right now, but I suggest holding out for something else if you are offered a job with Benjamin News Group. TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK

Would work there again

Former Employee - Ar Clerk
    Former Employee - Ar Clerk

I worked at Benjamin News Group

Pros

Great Benefits!!!!! The low pay was consistent with what other companies in the area offered but the medical/dental benefits more than made up for it. There were some nice perks, including free magazines and our manager took the team out to lunch as a reward for outstanding work. The hours (7am-3:30pm) were pretty great for a work life balance too. Overall I would work there again if the opportunity was available.

Cons

At the time there were several bullies in the office who were nothing but a gossip circle. Certainly this happens everywhere, however at Benjamin they were given credibility instead of discipline by management, and several good employees exited the company as a result of this group of people. That being said I don't know if this group of people are still there.

Also during the time I was there quite a few employees went through some intense personal tragedies and management was not very considerate to the short-term needs or demands on those employees.

Observe the dynamics of your staff - when all the complaints are coming out of a specific person or group of people consider that there might be something else going on before disciplining good and valuable employees based on rumors.

Provide some flexibility or EAP (employee assistance program) support for employees who have short-term personal crises. It's not necessary to coddle an employee in crisis, but a little empathy goes a long way.