Bennett International

Updated Mar 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Marcia G. Taylor

Great People, poor innovation.

Fleet Manager (Current Employee)
McDonough, GA

I have been working at Bennett International full-time for more than a year

ProsDaily operations are morally sound. People treat each other like family. Hard work is rewarded.

ConsPeople treat each other too much like family often sacrificing efficiency and profitability. Unclear career path for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeaders need to begin preparing new leadership for the next generation. In an industry that is reliant on an old school profession (truck driving) skills, expertise, and ideas need to be shared and passed along not selfishly held onto for personal protection.

It has been said by many people inside including middle management, that Bennett somehow makes money in spite of itself.

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bennett International for more than 8 years

ProsFamily culture is alive and well. they have liberal time off policies. if you got something to do concerning your family, they let you leave with very few questions ask. you want find a place where people care about each other more.

Conslimited opportunities for advancement. they pick there favroites and promote their friends or other family members. people are scared to say anything against management cause they will get rid of you if you don't agree with them or say anything against them. they have good core values but everybody dont live by them, especially integrity. its not everybody, just a few that are that away.

Advice to Senior Managementnone cause they wouldnt lissen anyway. Ms Marcia is real nice but people around her lie to her all the time, even the people she trusts the most

The best company in the driveaway industry

Contract Driver (Former Employee)

I worked at Bennett International part-time for more than 3 years

ProsA company that offers above average benefits to contract drivers. Ample advance pay on loads ,no bogus damage claims, very fast settlements on loads sometimes the same day!!!! Extra incentives for a good job. Very helpful headquarters staff.

ConsOccasional slow load availability Other work available

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the current contract driver incentives, recruiting bonus, DOT inspection bonus, Safety meeting incentives, safe driving bonuses, Driver internet forums.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place for transportation experience not so much for anything else

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)

I worked at Bennett International full-time for more than 5 years

Prossmall company, work ended when shift was over in most cases, work did not come home, local company in decent area, most of the staff are in the same boat of just making a living

Consnepotism, no clear company wide direction, privately owned so they make their own rules, too many conflicting orders from management on a regular basis, heavy internal politics

Advice to Senior Managementdiverge upper management from family members, set clear goals within the organization across all companies, reduce number of middle management

Very Good, Interesting work.

I have been working at Bennett International

ProsFair pay, Time off when needed, Holidays and sick pay, Good benefits.
Can be rewarded for a job well done.
They do have an emplyee relations day

ConsCan't think of any downsides. except some of the so called higher up managers who have their own agenda and not care about the employees who do the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to listen to employees more.

Worked for Bennett International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bennett International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bennett International CEO Marcia G. Taylor. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Bennett International employees.