Bennett Thrasher Reviews

4.0

Steven P. Barth
1 Rating

The work is fulfilling and beneficial, the people are helpful and pleasing to be around...all around great experience

Current Employee - Audit Staff  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bennett Thrasher full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Work/life balance, competitive pay, good location/office space, fast moving company, fun environment/people

Cons

Because there are so many quality employees, individuals trying to stand out and promotions can make for an overly-competitive environment and some bitterness here and there...but that comes with the public accounting industry

Great experience so far :)

Current Employee - Tax Staff  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Tax Staff in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bennett Thrasher full-time for more than a year

Pros

Able to work on a close knit team of individuals. They try very hard to hire people who get along and are enjoyable to be around, which makes busy season much more tolerable and avoids added stress on the job.

Hours are not bad (on my team). Managers/seniors do not micromanage. The firm tries to be flexible where they can when family issues come up (reduced hours, working from home some, etc).

Managers and partners are VERY knowledgeable and professional, and they (again, on my team) have shown patience and interest in helping me learn and grow.

The firm is also growing very fast, so I think HR and the partners are doing a great job. I have a lot of confidence in job stability and growth here.

Partners are not treated like "sacred cows" as I have heard of in other firms. They make it a point that, regardless of status, everyone is treated with respect, from partner to intern to admin.

Cons

Sometimes the workload is unbalanced - one person on your team may be working late hours while you have nothing to do, and vice versa.

Teams do not intermingle much, but they are working on organizing double-team outings, so teams can get to know each other better.

Not as much feedback as I expected, there are only two reviews during the year. I do think, however, if you are struggling in an area, a manager will take notice and meet with you to let you know and try to help you out.

Meet among yourselves to discuss how workload is being allocated to staff/seniors, so it is spread out more evenly on the team.

Give feedback more often, even if informal. 6 months is a long time to wait to know if you're on track.

Amazing place to work and grow

Current Employee - Audit Senior  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bennett Thrasher full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredible culture with a strong focus on work life balance
    Good pay compared to large firms (usually better)
    Lots of client variation and smaller audits allow you to see all areas of the financial statements

Cons

Training - there is good on the job training, but some things are more "on your own" learning. On the positive side, there's always someone to ask if you don't know what to do

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I agree...

Current Employee - Tax Staff  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Tax Staff in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bennett Thrasher

Pros

I am lucky enough to enjoy spending time with the coworkers located immediately around me.

Cons

I agree with the previous review in that staff receive little no feedback on their work. I often have no idea if I am succeeding or failing. BT has not been hiring lower level staff recently, so there is no way for the current staff to move upwards.

Hire staff rather than more managers. Promote from within. Give staff more feedback and take responsibility for their growth.

Bt

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bennett Thrasher

Pros

Some teams are better than others. HR tries to implement programs for everyone. Attempts are made to make the rules apply to everyone equally.

Cons

No encouragement given to low level staff unless maybe you end up on a good team. Negative work environment. Lots of unhappy people.

Encourage your staff. Give them a little hope and encouragement so they at least can imagine they have a little value there.

Worked for Bennett Thrasher? Contribute to the Community!