Benore Logistic Systems

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeffery M. Benore

You get out of it what you put into it - What are you putting into it?

Administration (Current Employee) Greer, SC

ProsBenore has more than doubled their driver staff in the last three years, they've switched virtually their entire leased fleet of tractors to 2013 and 2014 company-owned daycabs and sleepers, they're replacing the old fleet of leased trailers with brand new Great Dane and Wabash units, the number of dispatchers has nearly tripled, they've instituted an across-the-board pay raise for the entire driver staff in 2014, they're in their 20th year of business with BMW, there's always work for those who want it, and there are always opportunities for advancement for those who work hard and prove themselves capable. Benore has opened a new terminal in Kentucky, and a new satellite yard in North Carolina as well. There are more opportunities for advancement in Benore than there has been in many, many years, if not the company's entire history. Change and growth is often uncomfortable, but there have been a lot of changes for the better at Benore, and more change is coming.

ConsNo matter what Benore does, there are always drivers who complain. Give them a dollar-an-hour raise without any changes, and some drivers will complain that it's not $2/hr. Have a summer cookout serving over 700 people, and some drivers will complain that they had to wait too long. Get a $50 grocery gift card at Christmas just as a "thank you", and some drivers will complain that it's not $100. It's tough sometimes working in an environment where so many employees (drivers mostly) are quick to complain that things aren't exactly the way they demand, yet so few are willing to actually do anything different. It's easy to complain, it's much harder to actually try to help create change.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that "leadership" is not the same as "authority". Having a title doesn't make you a leader if no one is willing to follow you. True leadership is when people will follow you because they WANT to, and the only way you can get that is by building good working relationships, not by throwing out commands and criticisms.

Bad upper management

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThey do have some nice people that works there.

ConsUpper management need to know what they are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind new management

High pressure job during some hours....

Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee)

Proshour lunches, nice work environment

Conshigh pressure, stressful at times

Advice to Senior Managementknow that your staff is under alot of pressure and let us do our jobs

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Better Experience than their Reputation would indicate

Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) Greer, SC

ProsMostly good people to work for and with. Family owned and family oriented. Huge growth potential, so there is job security. They have a lot going on and seem to be handling it, so I doubt that they would lose any business any time soon. Good management in place in certain areas, not all areas. Good pay.

ConsThey require hard work and long hours at times. Benefits aren't great and are very costly; this is mostly due to it being a small company, but probably also because of high turnover. Sometimes management plays favorites, which can make for an unfavorable working environment.

Terrible! Do NOT work here!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsThe employees are great. Hard workers, friendly, family atmosphere.

ConsUpper management and owners are a joke. They do not trust or care about there employees and treat them like thieves. They blame everyone but themselves for the revolving door of people and use former employees as a scapegoat for problems. They do not want to change anything as long as they can keep their contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe ONLY reason you are still around is because of your employees. Step back and let them do their jobs.

Scheduling is horrible for anyone with a family. Truly a revolving door of disappointment.

Driver (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsThey'll hire anyone with a cdl and a pulse. Work is all no touch freight and suppliers are easy to find.

ConsSchedule changes weekly if not daily you don't know if you'll be starting at 1am or 1pm week to week and often changes several times through the week. Also your days off change week to week and you don't get your posted schedule till the day before it starts. Dispatchers are clueless and supervisors are often hidden in the office oblivious to anything close to the reality of what's going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilizing the schedule would be huge for moral. If your going to be the lowest paying company for drivers in the area you have to find other ways to compete. Stability of schedule to have the ability to plan things with family would be a big step.

Poor

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greer, SC

ProsThey have immense potential based on their services (transportation, logistics, warehousing).

ConsLack of vision and lack of respect for associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to trust associates to make decisions.

Great employment opportunity

Supply-chain Management (Current Employee)

ProsBenore Logistics System is an ideal environment for anyone looking for a family oriented and family ran company. Incompetence is not tolerated and employs are able to reap the benefits of a growing market when no one else seems to be hiring.

ConsVery fast pace. Business has tripled in recent years and doesn't look to be slowing down. minimum effort will not do.

I don't even know how they are still in business to be honest.

Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsThere is at least 2 or 3 people there worth getting to know. The pay is pretty good. Very fast paced.

ConsThere is some serious office politics. There are way to many chiefs, deaf chiefs. They all have something to say and refuse to listen to anyone else. They are the lowest paying company as far as drivers are concerned so we get the worst drivers in the area. Plus they let the drivers get away with murder because they are always short on drivers so they can't fire them. The equipment sucks and there isn't enough. The office is always severely short staffed which makes for many stressful days with no thanks or even acknowledgment from management. But they are quick to tell you that you were wrong. And when you point out that you were not wrong, they don't respond at all, not even an apology.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they need to take the time to listen to their employees and make some serious changes. And when there is a rule, enforce it. Get rid of all the crappy supervisors and hire real ones. If you are going to hire lazy utility and RCDO drivers then hire someone to keep track of them and keep them working. Right now all they seem to do is sleep and smoke...

Worked for Benore Logistic Systems? Contribute to the Community!