Benore Logistic Systems

2.2
Jeffery M. Benore

1. Be careful

I have been working at Benore Logistic Systems

Pros

Experience you will gain a lot

Cons

Benefits none insurance is cobra rates

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

2. I am happy with my job here.

Current Employee - Logistics Driver in Erie, MI
    Current Employee - Logistics Driver in Erie, MI

I have been working at Benore Logistic Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The miles are consistent. About 2810 per week. Home daily, but the days can be long. There is plenty of extra work if you want it. The benefits bought me 2 brand new artificial knees this last year at a cost of $130,000, and other medical bills during the year, as well. I paid a total of $5000.00 out of pocket. No issues with getting the time off either. They held my time slot and seniority for me. We have new tractors and bought a hundred fifty new Great Dane trailers last year. You can walk up to any of the Benores if you need to talk straight to them. Uniforms are provided, and there are performance bonuses.

Cons

They are a little pressed because of recent expansions... So sometimes it can be frustrating getting a little extra help if you need it. Sometimes you may be asked to do something other than your regular route. The pay is a little below the national average, but like I stated the miles are consistent.....not like the old days of over the road where you would get a lot of miles one week and then sit for 2 or 3 days. I drive down and back nightly as we switch trailers from South Carolina to Michigan. Sometimes you are stuck waiting on a trailer just like anywhere else, but you are paid from the first minute. You do not have to give them an hour. Here again though, it is a bit lower than industry standards.
      We have some trucks assigned, and some slips seating, which I am doing. I lost my truck because I was off so much last year. Management definitely needs to get on the guys who are not keeping them very clean. We have a lot of changes going on, which can be tiring, but it is really because of our growth I believe.

Advice to Management

We need more discipline in regards to the guys not cleaning the tractors, or dropping trailers with issues and not writing them up.

3. driver

Former Employee - Driver in Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Driver in Greer, SC

I worked at Benore Logistic Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

They'll hirer anyone with a pulse

Cons

The pay stinks, the schedule is even worse, and every other trucking company in the area is hiring. Why waste your time?

Advice to Management

In 9 months I couldn't tell you who my supervisor was or my schedule next week. Communication goes a long way.

5. O t r driver or driver

I have been working at Benore Logistic Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Trucks new also get after one hour 16 hour but pay should be 25 but it something

Cons

No one there help drivers will leave drivers sitting force dispatch even it put you in d o t violation you give them 100 percent and they screw over you this includes the broker loads they push

Advice to Management

That why u have a big turn over and that why the best drivers leave

6. Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Forklift in Greer, SC
    Current Employee - Forklift in Greer, SC

I have been working at Benore Logistic Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent, though still less than competitors. Coworkers are... case by case.

Cons

Terrible management on all scales. No compassion or respect for employees.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your people better.

7. Extremely disrespectful company

Current Employee - Driver in Greer, SC

I have been working at Benore Logistic Systems (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay is halfway decent and the availability of overtime is wonderful. The fact that they pay time and a half after 40 is truly unique

Cons

The company has no respect for the drivers. The per hour rate is low. Management has no interest in addressing the issues of the drivers.

8. You get out of it what you put into it - What are you putting into it?

Current Employee - Administration in Greer, SC
    Current Employee - Administration in Greer, SC

I have been working at Benore Logistic Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benore has more than doubled their driver staff in the last three years, they've switched virtually their entire leased fleet of tractors to 2013 and 2014 company-owned daycabs and sleepers, they're replacing the old fleet of leased trailers with brand new Great Dane and Wabash units, the number of dispatchers has nearly tripled, they've instituted an across-the-board pay raise for the entire driver staff in 2014, they're in their 20th year of business with BMW, there's always work for those who want it, and there are always opportunities for advancement for those who work hard and prove themselves capable. Benore has opened a new terminal in Kentucky, and a new satellite yard in North Carolina as well. There are more opportunities for advancement in Benore than there has been in many, many years, if not the company's entire history. Change and growth is often uncomfortable, but there have been a lot of changes for the better at Benore, and more change is coming.

Cons

No matter what Benore does, there are always drivers who complain. Give them a dollar-an-hour raise without any changes, and some drivers will complain that it's not $2/hr. Have a summer cookout serving over 700 people, and some drivers will complain that they had to wait too long. Get a $50 grocery gift card at Christmas just as a "thank you", and some drivers will complain that it's not $100. It's tough sometimes working in an environment where so many employees (drivers mostly) are quick to complain that things aren't exactly the way they demand, yet so few are willing to actually do anything different. It's easy to complain, it's much harder to actually try to help create change.

Advice to Management

Recognize that "leadership" is not the same as "authority". Having a title doesn't make you a leader if no one is willing to follow you. True leadership is when people will follow you because they WANT to, and the only way you can get that is by building good working relationships, not by throwing out commands and criticisms.

9. Bad upper management

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Benore Logistic Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do have some nice people that works there.

Cons

Upper management need to know what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Find new management

10. High pressure job during some hours....

Former Employee - Transportation Coordinator
    Former Employee - Transportation Coordinator

I worked at Benore Logistic Systems full-time

Pros

hour lunches, nice work environment

Cons

high pressure, stressful at times

Advice to Management

know that your staff is under alot of pressure and let us do our jobs

11. Better Experience than their Reputation would indicate

Former Employee - Transportation Coordinator in Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Transportation Coordinator in Greer, SC

I worked at Benore Logistic Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly good people to work for and with. Family owned and family oriented. Huge growth potential, so there is job security. They have a lot going on and seem to be handling it, so I doubt that they would lose any business any time soon. Good management in place in certain areas, not all areas. Good pay.

Cons

They require hard work and long hours at times. Benefits aren't great and are very costly; this is mostly due to it being a small company, but probably also because of high turnover. Sometimes management plays favorites, which can make for an unfavorable working environment.

RSS Feed </> Embed