Bentley Systems

Bentley Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Bentley Systems CEO Greg Bentley

Greg Bentley

Pros
  • Good work- life balance, great colleagues, global work sharing (in 11 reviews)

• A flexible, laid back work environment with some good people (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Need to watch out for overhead in middle management positions (in 8 reviews)

• The salaries are not very good compared to similar companies (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales Intern

Sales (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat exposure and learning possibilities for an intern.
    Friendly environment and people.
    Dive right in to what the office is doing.

ConsMy company issued computer didn't work on the first day but IT helped out there.
    Not many other cons to say.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

HIRE ME BACK

Licensing Analyst (Current Employee) Exton, PA

ProsThe products and services that Bentley provides is superior. I have not seen anything like it. Review the
    Lendenhall Project in London and it will speak for itself. Wow... it will have you sitting on the edge of your seat.
    I was only there 6 weeks before a layoff. It is the best job I had since leaving Shared Medical Systems.
    Great people, great software, great place to work.

ConsI have been told, it is almost impossible to get hired and if you do get hired... the process is very lengthy.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee's should be encourage to train in other areas of the company and not stay in a position too long, so they won't get too comfortable. Check with top management prior to hiring people if there is a layoff coming down the pike. Do not waste time/effort/resources/training on hiring, not too mention how upsetting it will be for the person they hired.

very good.

ProsStarted as an intern. will be working there full-time by the end of the summer. very happy with the pay and atmosphere of the company

Consa little disorganized but other than that very cool place to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strong bones, but company is run by aging managers who aren't positioned for the future.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsBentley has a strong underlying business model and makes most of its annual revenue from subscriptions. The company is run conservatively and the people are quality folks.

ConsThe big issue is the management team is almost identical to the one which was running the company 15 years ago at 1/3 the revenue. They don't know what they don't know about running a much larger company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a lot of growing employee dissatisfaction - get in top of that or risk losing it all. Decision making is too slow and unilateral; products are slow to emerge and not in synch with the market; our best young coders wonder why they should stay.

Great company, casual atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Exton, PA

Proscasual atmosphere, friendly people, nice office

Conslack of training... i went into the job not knowing anything about the products and they seemed to be okay with that. lots of work.

Great Place to work

ProsGreat atmosphere, challenging positions, freedom to play a bigger role, will encourage you to work on things you are interested in.

ConsMiddle management is not effective

Advice to Senior Managementsort out issues with middle management layer

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSupport staff is excellent and very knowledgeable in the products offered. Provided sales training annually to sales team. Provides industry leading solutions to the engineering industry.

ConsRedundant and time consuming sales reporting to management. Utilize CRM, that's what it's for. Knowing how much you were getting paid was confusing to most. An outside consulting agency was brought in to reorganize commission structure. Was hired as sales consultant, it transitioned into account management. Chasing down invoices and performing license management renewals, is not sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoving in the right direction, but needed some fine tuning.

A great innovative place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat colleagues. Family friendly values. Good stewardship by executive management. A customer oriented approach towards product innovations. Recently we have more of a global footprint!

ConsNeed to watch out for overhead in middle management positions. Too many products - some that directly compete with each other!

Advice to Senior ManagementHold people accountable instead of shuffling them to other roles.

A nice place to work with a family oriented atmosphere

Sales Operations (Current Employee) Exton, PA

ProsThere is a casual work atmosphere and human resources has implemented many employee oriented programs to aid in colleague communication and professional development.

ConsThe benefits packages continue to decline, which over a five year period makes them less attractive than other companies in the area. Advancement opportunities are never clearly communicated.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a defined career advancement program with transparency so that colleagues understand what is required to advance.

Outstanding company to work for

Director (Current Employee)

Prosgreat colleagues, good work/life balance

ConsI cant think of any cons of working here.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you're doing

Worked for Bentley Systems? Contribute to the Community!