Benton Express Reviews

Chip Matthews

1. Good!

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Benton Express full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love working on this place since it is the freaking best company on earth!

Cons

sometimes, i kinda feel like it's not my passion to drive a truck...

please change the truck in a 5 year basis.

2. Logistics

I have been working at Benton Express

Pros

It is a pay check.

Cons

Lack of training and help.

3. Good

I have been working at Benton Express

Pros

The pay and benefits are fair

Cons

No complaints my experience with Benton was positive

None

5. First day at work and saw the truck that I would drive, I thought to myself "What the hell have I signed up for?"

Former Employee - LTL City Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - LTL City Driver in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Benton Express full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Probably less strict and more laid back than other freight companies. Would be a good starter job in the LTL business to get experience but dont settle in for the long haul. This ship is sinking.

Cons

The lowest pay in the LTL business. Terrible trucks and equipment. Many of the trucks are from the mid 90s. Maintenance and training are practically nonexistant. Trailers are already wore out when they bought them used and send you out with expired inspection stickers. Building and grounds unmaintained.

This company is dead!

Current Employee - P&D Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - P&D Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Benton Express full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck, a small one that is not even close to any comparable freight company.

Cons

No raises period! Drivers been here 2-3 years start at $13.50 and finally quit at $13.50. And the company is so financially unstable they take money away in 5% increments and then that wasn't enough they stole another 5%. It is embarrassing working here at benton because the run down looking terminals and awful trucks and trailers. They are unable to pay there bills. I walk with my head down in shame!

There lies the problem. Management, or should I say mis-management is what led benton to its current pitiful state. You can do everything and cut every corner possible. Cheat, lie, steal, nothing will put Humpty Dumpty back together

The worst company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - P&D Driver in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - P&D Driver in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Benton Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of a single one.

Cons

The pay is horrible. $14.50 an hour. No employer match on 401k. They even stole our 401k money for a quarter and said it was a computer glitch. Gave money back plus 10 percent but they still stole it. If you steal my car with a empty tank of gas but return it 3 months later with a full tank, you still stole my car. The equipment is falling apart. Management at every level is in over there heads, don't have a clue. They don't pay on Fridays, no direct deposit. Pay is on Saturday, Monday, or Tuesday. You never know. This place is a joke.

All of you need to resign. Owners need to shut it down and put your selves out of your misery. You don't know what you are doing and I don't think ever will. The industry will be stronger with no Benton Global being a part of it.

On the edge of bankruptcy!!!

Current Employee - P&D Driver in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - P&D Driver in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Benton Express full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are none. The place is falling apart.

Cons

Unsafe equipment, disregard for safety, lower pay than the competitors offer.

Look at what's working and build on it why you still have time. Replace outdated equipment.

driver

Former Employee - Driver in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Driver in Miami, FL

I worked at Benton Express full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

all the hours you can get

Cons

no overtime pay for you work

manage don't blame it all on your employees

Very disorganized and hopeless pay rates due to "economy"

Current Employee - Sales in Calhoun, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Calhoun, GA

I have been working at Benton Express full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very flexible schedule. Quite lenient. Comfortable.

Cons

Dog eat dog in every aspect of the company. Tyrant type supervising. About 4-5 years ago when the economy plumited, they cut everyone's pay in 5% incriments, which lead to a total of a 15% decrease in pay... and to this day they have no intentions of giving that money back. They dont have any kind of incentives. It's a shame beacause the owners and "higher ups" in the owners "click" are payed a very healthy salary while the rest of the company scrambles to feed their family. Why is this so bad? Beause it happened to everyone, including but not limited to the lot of people that have been dedicated to this company for 20+ years so it's hard to leave a company after you've been there that long and try so hard to be hopeful that they will catch up with the rest of the country. We are one of the few companies left that are still using the "economy" excuse.

Please give everyone their money back. Please get rid of the management that still believes that you profit more from making everyone believe that they can and will be fired if they sneeze the wrong way. Consider weekly or monthly motivation meetings. Consider enforcing a rule that terminal managers need to be more involved with their employees. I think it might be time for a managerial reviews and weed out the weak. This company can be so much more, can profit so much more and have a much healthier atmosphere if someone can take the time to be assertive without being condescending and train/set the example for the individual terminal managers and/or the regional managers to feel more confident and do the right thing even when they don't want to. If the people at the bottom of the totem pole don't care, it's because the people above them don't care and their examples are crushing their hope for a better tomorrow. We CAN do everything right the first time, if you have the right people doing it. Don't settle for less and we'll get there.

Like a family to me.

Current Employee - Office Clerk
    Current Employee - Office Clerk

I have been working at Benton Express full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is opportunity for advancement. The employees are great and had become like family. The atmosphere is laid back and upper management was approachable with just about any subject. The managers travel to different terminals and are very personable with the employees. They address you by your name and talk to you as if you are a long lost friend. The office is cozy. The drivers are friendly as well as dock personnel and other office personnel. They offer benefits for full time employees. They are flexible with scheduling issues that come up.

Cons

Some of the buildings and equipment are a little old. The insurance coverage changed to a not so great plan, but it changed back to a better plan. They aren't closed for some of the not-as-popular government holidays.

Keep it up! Being personable to employees and addressing their concerns gets you a long way, and most especially has made me feel important. Thanks for providing me a safe, comfortable place to work for so long.