Berglund Automotive Group

William Farrell

In major transition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Berglund Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reputable product brand, convenient location.

Cons

Full-time requires 50 hours, bad reputation, unhappy existing clientele base, expensive coverage benefits, poor communication, little to no correspondence between departments, unethical business practices, dishonest business practices, scarce resources, unclear pay plan, no notification of commissions-earned.

Advice to Management

General training program needed.

2. Owner is a little man who grew up to be a bully!

Current Employee - General Manager in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Berglund Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job, paychecks are good!

Cons

After being hired as a General Manager the owner states I'm required to work every hour the store is open. Even worse is putting up with an owner who is abusive and rude. I'm currently in the market for a real General Managers job. In 35 years in the car business, I have never seen anyone treat employees as bad. He will not only humiliate and verbally abuse you but micromanage where you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

Advice to Management

Advice to management is to find another job. Advice to owner, find a punching bag quit being so nasty. Employees want to respect you,i them a reason!

3. Difficult sales with a cheap company that doesn't support you or create a team atmosphere

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Berglund Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited potential earnings, relaxed work setting, not very demanding, cave man could do it.

Cons

Long hours, lack of respect, awful benefits

Advice to Management

Need to produce an environment that employees would even consider change.

5. Unprofessional experience.

Pros

If employees are properly trained on what constitutes professionalism and reprimanded for threats and inappropriate behavior without fear of retaliation it could potentially help the organization's reputation and ability to grow.

Cons

Verbal and sexual harassment, hostile environment. Poor systems and communication.

Advice to Management

Remedial training for all staff.

6. Horrible

I worked at Berglund Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Berglund has a Call Center that they started in May last year. It was very flexible as far as a schedule.

Cons

We were not told the right information when we started with the call center. They used to say up to $15 an hour and that we will make that easily. That is not true they start off at $10 an hour and your commission depends on sales people marking someone in the computer system as shown, if someone does not buy a car they may not mark them in. The manager I had was a nice guy that they put in the middle of a crappy situation with no help and the Sales Managers would allow their sales people to cuss at him threatened to beat him up and they would treat us like we were a step child.

Advice to Management

Take care of your call center reps. Change the pay plan.

7. The absolute worst micromanagement I have experienced or imagined!

Former Employee - General Manager in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Berglund Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If your not in top management or office worker, things are somewhat better. Wages are as little as they can get away with!

Cons

In some of the dealerships the salespeople get no paid vacations and you work every holiday except Thanksgiving and Christmas! They take advantage of being in a recession, meaning treating you as bad as they can legally do so because if you quit there's still a lot of people willing to try.

Advice to Management

The first 60 days is bearable then the screws start tightening. Say goodby to your family because your expected to work bell to bell without time off!

8. Ok Company compared to other dealers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Pros

Berglund is a growing company

Cons

Work-life balance is a problem

Advice to Management

Do not let senior management tell employees they can be replaced at any time.

9. Very family oriented company with potential for personal and financial growth

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Lynchburg, VA

Pros

Family atmosphere, potential to make good money

Cons

No 401K contributions last year, work long hours for possible very low income

Advice to Management

Make your employees feel they are doing a good job, more praise and less contempt. Give management bonuses the same as you give sales. Continue to put the customer first. When you make a decision stick to it.

RSS Feed </> Embed