Bergstrom Auto

Great place

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Bergstrom Auto full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, Vision. Honest - Not things that you usually hear about an Automotive Dealership. Great place to move up.

Cons

Work-life balance is tough in the sales side of the automotive industry.

Keep up the good work.

Beware of the Good 'ol boys network

Former Employee - Sales & Leasing  in  Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Sales & Leasing in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Bergstrom Auto full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice building. Pretty glass office. Eat Cookies and drink soda while waiting for prospective car buyers.

Cons

Hired as the token female with arrogant male coworkers and managers. Difficult to integrate myself into their clique. Uneven playing field. Got deals taken away. Made fun of. Told I was stupid and to look for a different career. Humiliated in front of my colleagues. Snide comments and massive back stabbing. No time for my own family. No training. Awful experience. Had to memorize company motto and values. Very stuffy environment. Manager was insincere and shrewd.

Get your managers formally trained and work on bullying issues. Be prepared to face real employee issues and not side step. Very shallow place. Work on real team building. The company culture is jaded and narrow minded.

I'm enjoying my career here.

I have been working at Bergstrom Auto full-time

Pros

Fun job, keeps your brain working. If you earn it, great pay. Opportunity for advancement is there to be had.

Cons

Your schedule is just that - a schedule. Work-life balance is terrible, but can be overcome.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fair, at best.

Former Employee - Parts/Service  in  Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Parts/Service in Appleton, WI

I worked at Bergstrom Auto

Pros

This is a large, financially secure organization with some experieinced people in management. Facilities are usually well kept and cleaner than most dealerships. Mr. Bergstrom is not afraid to spend money on facilities.

Cons

Although Mr. Bergstrom is willing to spend money on facilities, he certainly doesn't spend it on employees. Most find it impossible to get a raise...even for cost of living...ever. The Bergstrom's flaunt their wealth (driving Bentleys, new Ferraris, etc.) while paying their people little. Unless you are in the families inner circle (meaning you married into it or are immediate family), it is hard to get ahead. Nepotism is alive and well. Benefits are fair, at best. Insurance is very expensive, time off is minimal. The senior management beleives everyone should work al lthe time, just like they do. The problem of course is they don't want to pay you anything. You end up working lots of hours and often your family suffers. There is a lot of turnover.

Although a "guest first" philosophy is preached, they haven't figured out that happy EMPLOYEES make happy customers.

Politics Rain supreme with Management!

Former Employee - Motoring Advisor  in  Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Motoring Advisor in Appleton, WI

I worked at Bergstrom Auto

Pros

I had an awesome team of Co-Workers, They pride there selves on the values of bergstrom autos and putting the clients first, Pay is by far the best! especially as a Sales Person. The Bergstrom family are definitely hands on, always walking through the doors of the dealership, clean work place.

Cons

Management was awful, I was there for less then two months before I got the boot for the worse reasons, after I left I found out it was because they promised my job to the receptionist at the time. there was a division between sales and service. Management was not very hands on. and just sat in the there offices all day. They received all the perks and had no care in the world, until the Tim or John Bergstrom walked through the door.

Do not Micro Manage, and play politics and favorites. Pay more attention to the employees that you hire, and work with them not against them. You might do better!

GREAT COMPANY

Former Employee - Auto Sales  in  Fond du Lac, WI
    Former Employee - Auto Sales in Fond du Lac, WI

I worked at Bergstrom Auto

Pros

great training, nice facility, safe place

Cons

hours were very long, never put 2 days off in a row

NA

Worked for Bergstrom Auto? Contribute to the Community!