Bergstrom Auto

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John F. Bergstrom

I'm enjoying my career here.

ProsFun job, keeps your brain working. If you earn it, great pay. Opportunity for advancement is there to be had.

ConsYour schedule is just that - a schedule. Work-life balance is terrible, but can be overcome.

Fair, at best.

Parts/Service (Former Employee) Appleton, WI

ProsThis is a large, financially secure organization with some experieinced people in management. Facilities are usually well kept and cleaner than most dealerships. Mr. Bergstrom is not afraid to spend money on facilities.

ConsAlthough Mr. Bergstrom is willing to spend money on facilities, he certainly doesn't spend it on employees. Most find it impossible to get a raise...even for cost of living...ever. The Bergstrom's flaunt their wealth (driving Bentleys, new Ferraris, etc.) while paying their people little. Unless you are in the families inner circle (meaning you married into it or are immediate family), it is hard to get ahead. Nepotism is alive and well. Benefits are fair, at best. Insurance is very expensive, time off is minimal. The senior management beleives everyone should work al lthe time, just like they do. The problem of course is they don't want to pay you anything. You end up working lots of hours and often your family suffers. There is a lot of turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough a "guest first" philosophy is preached, they haven't figured out that happy EMPLOYEES make happy customers.

Politics Rain supreme with Management!

Motoring Advisor (Former Employee) Appleton, WI

ProsI had an awesome team of Co-Workers, They pride there selves on the values of bergstrom autos and putting the clients first, Pay is by far the best! especially as a Sales Person. The Bergstrom family are definitely hands on, always walking through the doors of the dealership, clean work place.

ConsManagement was awful, I was there for less then two months before I got the boot for the worse reasons, after I left I found out it was because they promised my job to the receptionist at the time. there was a division between sales and service. Management was not very hands on. and just sat in the there offices all day. They received all the perks and had no care in the world, until the Tim or John Bergstrom walked through the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not Micro Manage, and play politics and favorites. Pay more attention to the employees that you hire, and work with them not against them. You might do better!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

GREAT COMPANY

Auto Sales (Former Employee) Fond du Lac, WI

Prosgreat training, nice facility, safe place

Conshours were very long, never put 2 days off in a row

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Worked for Bergstrom Auto? Contribute to the Community!