Berkeley College
www.berkeleycollege.edu Little Falls, NJ 500 to 999 Employees

Berkeley College Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Great experience when politics don't interfere

Management (Former Employee)
    White Plains, NY

ProsDirect interaction with students, travel to other campuses likely based on position, have a chance to meet and learn from good people.

ConsSmall campus yet uncontrollable and toxic gossiping amongst administrative staff. "Favorites" always seemed to play their cards at the opportune times although hard working employees deserve the recognition. If the upper level managers have their own agenda, they will use it to overshadow your own although yours may make the most sense. "If it makes sense, Berkeley does not do it"

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff. You are in the business of educating young adults and professionals. Don't hinder their progression with personal agendas and gossip. Good employee performance speaks for itself. If you dont like your staff, allow for an opportunity to advance, make a lateral move or transfer to another division. The blame game is a morale killer.

Nice People, Terrible Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people I met/worked with were awesome. They're the only reason I was able to last as long as I did.

ConsThe school (or company, as they refer to themselves) is terribly mismanaged and severely disorganized. They care more about numbers (read: money) than the students. It's clear that the students feel this way also, based on the many stories I heard from them when I started.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop caring about money. Listen to the students. You're a for-profit school, but you don't have to manage the school that way.

Great college

Dean Assistant (Former Employee)
    Woodland Park, NJ

Prossmall classes, great discussions, wonderful professors, amazing staff

Consnot enough diverse activities on campus, need more sports, needs to make classes more available on all campuses including online

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink your ethnic population as well as environment and adapt college. (No sororities, no step or dance teams, girls basketball, volleyball etc.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Promising career aspirations versus personal agendas

Management (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsPlenty of locations that may offer room to travel and opportunity for growth

ConsPersonal agendas get in the way of the potential of their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove those with personal agendas and focus on the quality of education that you are offering to your students. People that care about their students will work hard and their effort will shine. Individuals that are not meeting with students and faculty daily will not possibly know the true effort of the personnel handling the frontline positions. Personal agendas and opinions destroy morale. Build from within and focus on the talented.

Glad for the experience but wouldn't do it again. Hoping for better.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers - depending on which department; the other benefits besides medical insurance in regards to dependants; location; work experience; up-to date software

ConsManagement; medical insurance when it comes to dependants; no motivation; minimal room for advancement; hard to transfer to other departments

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an employee wishes to transfer to another department, do not hold him/her back or try to influence the other execs not to hire him/her. Instead, motivate the individual to seek better experiences within the same company.

Work was interesting, budget was good, but salaries at a minimum

Marketing Assistant (Former Employee)
    Bergen, NJ

ProsAllowed fair amount of leeway in presenting ideas

ConsOver organized, small favored group of executives, others are looked down upon

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over yourselves!

Berkeley is not the employer it claims to be.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe other employees tend to be nice, very giving of their time, and willing to help whenever necessary. They are the reason Berkeley is still going.

ConsManagement consistently makes bad decisions and outright lies to employees about the status of the college. Then, when the college doesn't do well, the employees take the blame and the fall.

Nice place

Professor (Current Employee)

ProsNo pressure to publish; nice faculty

Consnever enough time too publish; teaching load is very high

Advice to Senior Managementinternal promotions are frequent

Great environment, lots of fun coworkers!"

ProsThe environment is very friendly. So many people in the office I work in are best friends. It really does have a family feel.

ConsThey don't pay as well as other private colleges. It's also a little annoying to have to work on Saturday's.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more room for advancement to employees and higher starting salaries, the workers deserve it.

None

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsMost campuses are very accessible by mass transit.

Cons-Very unstable course load from term to term. One term you have 3 classes; the next none.
    -The over all student enrollment is decreasing and classes are quickly cancelled as a result.
    -Adjunct faculty is under appreciated.
    -Most students lack initiative or interest.
    -The program directors set low student standards. In the short run this may benefit the student but in the long run they end up with a poor education.

Worked for Berkeley College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Berkeley College reviews and ratings. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by Berkeley College employees.