Berks & Beyond Employment Services

Updated July 15, 2014
Updated July 15, 2014
2.7

Chris Garner

Great Idea, bad follow thru, thus far...

I worked at Berks & Beyond Employment Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The recruiters and other on sites were very pleasent to work with and worked as a team to accomplish company and branch goals. Many of the new employees brought in had great dispositions and made working everyday a pleasure.

Cons

They tend to lose sight of getting a "right fit" for employees and just churn employees into positions to fill orders.

keep in mind of helping others find work means to take experiences and personalities into consideration for positions and not just filling client orders.

Berks experience

Current Employee - Warehouse Laborer in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Laborer in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Berks & Beyond Employment Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Found me work quickly, sent me to different assignments for one company

Cons

Hope to get hired by the company and better paid. After working the amount of hours I was sent to a different site for the same company. I was not interested in being a temp and I performed well in learning and doing the work. My resume was not looked at and I was not considered for work related to my field I worked for 30 years.

Treated internal recruiters poorly..very underpaid and overworked.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Wyomissing, PA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Wyomissing, PA

I worked at Berks & Beyond Employment Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

if you like working 50-60 hours a week and have temps get paid more than you, then this is the place to work.

Cons

on call all the time, you have to have your phone on you at all times even on weekends.. never a break and never recognition.

treat employees better..they are sometimes even doing your job while you get credit.

Very good experience

Former Employee - Customer Service in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Reading, PA

I worked at Berks & Beyond Employment Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

After I applied, they sent me on an interview. I got the job and was hired on full time after a few months.

Cons

None, they followed through on every question and I the job was exactly what they told me. If anyone here writes a bad review, it's probably more because they didn't prove themselves more than Berks and Beyond.

You can't control what your clients offer, but keep being honest with the jobs to your candidates and you will keep doing well

Great co-workers and Management make this an awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Berks & Beyond Employment Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance. I have worked other jobs that kept me away from my family and missing some important things in our lives. Someone is always available when I need that extra hand or just to talk to on a bad day. There is a great support team at Berks and Beyond and it is great to be part of the TEAM.

Cons

Not much to say here, things run well so don't fix what's not broken. Maybe think about adding a little more vacation time to compensate for some of the long days/weeks worked.

Keep doing what your doing and consider rewarding your longer term employees, it's nice to know you're watching what's going on and appreciate all the efforts being put in.

A terrible environment to work in , "Puppy Mill" no ethics or professionalism, treated poorly.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Berks & Beyond Employment Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can not say anything nice about this company, it was a very bad experience.

Cons

Unprofessional, no compassion, they do not uphold anythign that they tell their clients that they do. People internally are grossly underpaid, untrained, high trunover! The owner does not appreciate his employees and is money hungry.

Take a close look at how poorly you treat your internal staff and then you will know why you are losing clients. Honesty is the best policy stop lying to your employees.

I love working at Berks & Beyond!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

I have been working at Berks & Beyond Employment Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Locally owned and operated, the staff is freindly and has great customer service, this company has loyal employees and advanced recruiting techniques.

Cons

Everyone can improve but I don't currently see any cons in working for this company. It is a great company to work for.

Keep doing what your doing

Afraid of client - Ross Stores - do not support their temp supervisors

Current Employee - DC Supervisor for Ross Stores in Carlisle, PA
    Current Employee - DC Supervisor for Ross Stores in Carlisle, PA

I have been working at Berks & Beyond Employment Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Fast hire, treat associates better than supervisors

Cons

Very low pay - no timetable to get hired by company

treat your Ross temp supervisors better and compensate for overtime, supervisors working 40 hours get paid the same as supervisors working 60+ hours per week.

Working a warehouse is a good place to work.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Allentown, PA

I worked at Berks & Beyond Employment Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The coworkers are very nice.

Cons

There is no cons here.

Avoid at all costs!!!

I worked at Berks & Beyond Employment Services

Pros

Absolutely NONE!! I can't think of one single thing that I liked about this company.

Cons

This place lacks integrity from the owner all the way down the chain. It is difficult to get a paycheck every week, and even then it usually isn't correct. Drama, lack of integrity, and just a nightmare. The sales girl at my branch was texting very inappropriate photos of herself to clients and temps, and even though upper management knew nothing was done. This company is a joke!

The owner should stop going on vacation all the time and pay attention to what his employees are doing. They are ruining his company.