Berks & Beyond Employment Services

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chris Garner

Great Idea, bad follow thru, thus far...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe recruiters and other on sites were very pleasent to work with and worked as a team to accomplish company and branch goals. Many of the new employees brought in had great dispositions and made working everyday a pleasure.

ConsThey tend to lose sight of getting a "right fit" for employees and just churn employees into positions to fill orders.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep in mind of helping others find work means to take experiences and personalities into consideration for positions and not just filling client orders.

Berks experience

Warehouse Laborer (Current Employee) Mechanicsburg, PA

ProsFound me work quickly, sent me to different assignments for one company

ConsHope to get hired by the company and better paid. After working the amount of hours I was sent to a different site for the same company. I was not interested in being a temp and I performed well in learning and doing the work. My resume was not looked at and I was not considered for work related to my field I worked for 30 years.

Treated internal recruiters poorly..very underpaid and overworked.

Recruiter (Former Employee) Wyomissing, PA

Prosif you like working 50-60 hours a week and have temps get paid more than you, then this is the place to work.

Conson call all the time, you have to have your phone on you at all times even on weekends.. never a break and never recognition.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees better..they are sometimes even doing your job while you get credit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good experience

Customer Service (Former Employee) Reading, PA

ProsAfter I applied, they sent me on an interview. I got the job and was hired on full time after a few months.

ConsNone, they followed through on every question and I the job was exactly what they told me. If anyone here writes a bad review, it's probably more because they didn't prove themselves more than Berks and Beyond.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't control what your clients offer, but keep being honest with the jobs to your candidates and you will keep doing well

Great co-workers and Management make this an awesome place to work!

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat work-life balance. I have worked other jobs that kept me away from my family and missing some important things in our lives. Someone is always available when I need that extra hand or just to talk to on a bad day. There is a great support team at Berks and Beyond and it is great to be part of the TEAM.

ConsNot much to say here, things run well so don't fix what's not broken. Maybe think about adding a little more vacation time to compensate for some of the long days/weeks worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing and consider rewarding your longer term employees, it's nice to know you're watching what's going on and appreciate all the efforts being put in.

A terrible environment to work in , "Puppy Mill" no ethics or professionalism, treated poorly.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI can not say anything nice about this company, it was a very bad experience.

ConsUnprofessional, no compassion, they do not uphold anythign that they tell their clients that they do. People internally are grossly underpaid, untrained, high trunover! The owner does not appreciate his employees and is money hungry.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a close look at how poorly you treat your internal staff and then you will know why you are losing clients. Honesty is the best policy stop lying to your employees.

I love working at Berks & Beyond!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wyomissing, PA

ProsLocally owned and operated, the staff is freindly and has great customer service, this company has loyal employees and advanced recruiting techniques.

ConsEveryone can improve but I don't currently see any cons in working for this company. It is a great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing

Afraid of client - Ross Stores - do not support their temp supervisors

DC Supervisor for Ross Stores (Current Employee) Carlisle, PA

ProsFast hire, treat associates better than supervisors

ConsVery low pay - no timetable to get hired by company

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your Ross temp supervisors better and compensate for overtime, supervisors working 40 hours get paid the same as supervisors working 60+ hours per week.

Working a warehouse is a good place to work.

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Allentown, PA

ProsThe coworkers are very nice.

ConsThere is no cons here.

Avoid at all costs!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbsolutely NONE!! I can't think of one single thing that I liked about this company.

ConsThis place lacks integrity from the owner all the way down the chain. It is difficult to get a paycheck every week, and even then it usually isn't correct. Drama, lack of integrity, and just a nightmare. The sales girl at my branch was texting very inappropriate photos of herself to clients and temps, and even though upper management knew nothing was done. This company is a joke!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owner should stop going on vacation all the time and pay attention to what his employees are doing. They are ruining his company.

Worked for Berks & Beyond Employment Services? Contribute to the Community!