Bernard Hodes

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alan V. Schwartz

Pros
  • Remote work options, great work life balance, decent benefits & pay(in 13 reviews)

• Some people get to work from home a lot but for those of us in New York, we are ruled by an iron fist(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If you ask questions you might be sorry(in 2 reviews)

• There are a TON of inter-office politics and plenty of back stabbing to go along with it(in 2 reviews)

Working at Bernard Hodes Group

Anonymous (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexibility - work/life balance. Dedication to high customer service/satisfaction; Great opportunity to develop at entry-level positions.

ConsLack of innovation and change.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate tenured staff; utilize employees' best talents; engage and develop your high potentials.

No longer around. Bought by Findly

ProsGood Work-life balance. Friendly atmosphere. People are easy to get along with. People are helpful. Hours are good. Creative is good. Although, in the recruitment industry, you can't really get too far out there with the creative. The industry is fairly conservative in general. So what you can do might not win any awards.

ConsDead End. The company was bought off and the new company restructuring may leave some department people looking for a new job.

Great people!

Collections/Acct Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI worked in Collections in NY and as an Acct Coordinator in Orlando, FL, 2007 and 2008. Had a great desk in NY with ample workspace. My manager in NY was very supportive and had a real passion for what he did. Orlando people could not have been any more nicer and supportive. Great benefits!

ConsSome people complained more than they worked. They needed to replace the complacent workers and promote the competent.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the dead wood.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, atmosphere and work-life balance

ConsSalary could be better, but offset by work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementOK

Meh....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery nice people. Cool lobby. Respectful of work/life balance (though maybe more in theory than practice).

ConsIt's recruitment advertising, and the quality of product is pretty low. About 10-15 years behind the times. Lots of people in the tail-end of their career. More VPs than you can count, so there's trivial office politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company was sold off to a startup which started cleaning house. Sad for a lot of people, and it's pretty clear they were only after the client roster, not the staff.

Complete Disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat and talented co workers

ConsPoorly managed, disengaged from the people and way to much politics going on for such a small company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove on and let the next generation take over. Your hey days are over.

A company in constant upheaval, politics were rampant.

Copy Director/Senior Copywriter (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSome wonderful, friendly, kind people to work with. Also, a good work/life balance.

ConsPeople were getting laid off right and left. This led to an atmosphere of being under siege at all times.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, care about what they have to say to you. Happier employees will be more productive for you. Give them a chance to grow and prosper. Don't be in such an ivory tower.

Great Experience Until Findly Acquired

National Digital Team Member (Former Employee)

ProsRemote work options, great work life balance, decent benefits & pay
    I loved my manager, he trusted me to do my job and let me be. Co-workers are helpful and you have the opportunity to work with some very well known companies.

ConsRegions are siloed, projects are organized chaos at best, don't expect cost of living raises, most development is outsourced to India, no development best practices, some career sites are great while others are a mess.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe place went down hill since Findly acquired. Lots of lay-offs and leadership in not honest. "There will be no layoffs" But there have been 3 sets of layoffs since July and I'm sure more to come. When they decide to dismiss you, they treat you like a criminal. HR should apply some of what they preach to clients. Stop hiring overpaid executives an keep the people around that are DOING the work. Stop making lay-off decisions based on senority.

Was a leader at one time then politics got in the way

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsExceptional clients who were leaders in their fields were a pleasure to work with. Some very creative people worked there but gradually most of them lost their jobs

ConsPolitics, weak leadership, inflexible leaders and favoritism

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the new leaders take charge

Great Place to Work!

ProsGreat learning experience while working here.

ConsNothing that has restricted from this experience.

Worked for Bernard Hodes? Contribute to the Community!