Bernicks

Driver (Current Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsGreat Culture
    Competitive wages
    Lots of extra perks

ConsI cant think of any, I really like working for Bernicks

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work

Good way to get experience

Area Manager (Current Employee) Waite Park, MN

ProsFun people and industry
    Great way to get your career jump started, but very limited with growth opportunities
    Family culture
    Not micro managed, but that was starting to change as I left.
    Work/ life balance is great!

ConsThey changed the pay structure almost every year I was there which can be frustrating because I noticed a significant drop in pay.
    Benefits are relatively poor
    Underpaid for the industry standard
    You already know what your sales are going to be for the year, beverage is rather predictable even if you place in the extra effort. Really depends on the weather and account base you get assigned.

ok

Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsJob is pretty laid back, and so are the employees/management. If you don't lose track of money, drive poorly, or over-order product you're generally good to go.

Its a good workplace environment and base pay is good for the position itself.

ConsInsurance benefits are terrible. Bonus is tied to performance of entire company, not your division -- meaning you can have a great year but it doesn't matter if a new product roll-out flopped in another area. Upward mobility difficult, especially depending on location.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

like working with your head in the clouds

Sales (Former Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsGood company, good people, everyone is super nice. A company that plans to grow and will continue to hire more people. Employee growth is also important.

ConsCompensation is low for the industry, extremely top heavy company that likes to waste time in meetings, they also spend too much time shining each other and do not make decisions that are plausible in the real world.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time and money on meetings and more time in the market

Horrible Job

Territory Manager (Former Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsBernick's had great involvement in the local community and they were involved all over the state in various events. Benefits were also ok.

ConsBernicks was a terrible company. All the rollouts that the company were poorly thought through, and poorly executed. When harm was done to the customer, they did not care, they looked for their own efficiencies, as they had the markets cornered. I can't believe they are as big as they are, my 7 year old could manage better.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to deal with change better, when buying other distibutors, have a better plan on how to deal with the employees, and to also be ready to supply the customers with the products they want.

Pop and Beer sales

Manager (Current Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsGreat people, fun products, good compensation and OK benefits. Medium size company so it is easy to build relationships with large numbers of employees.

ConsManagement is very numbers focused, often times employees get in the way and are pushed aside. Concrete silos between sales and distribution so it is often difficult getting things accomplished. You will be OK if you are a "YES" man and don't make waves.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe executive team needs to stop acting like they reach out to employees for ideas and really listen to them.

Great company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company everyone was close and fun to work with

ConsI have no negative things to say about this company

Terrible Company

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsThey have benefits & SOME really good people working there.

ConsThey will find a way to cut your pay. The people in the main office are "bullies." They do not care about their customers. All they care about is pushing the next product and making a profit.The HR department doesn't know what they are doing. If you call them with an issue they will take weeks to get back to you and they will give you the wrong answer.

And like the previous person said: Management is very numbers focused & You will be OK if you are a "YES" man and don't make waves.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind new upper management so the good employees stop quitting.

Worked for Bernicks? Contribute to the Community!