Berret's Seafood Restaurant

Not yet rated.

Tom Austin

Great Place to Work!

Server (Current Employee) Williamsburg, VA

Pros-The people (both FoH and BoH) are very nice, both inside and out - working there has been a good experience mostly because of this.
    -Management is very reasonable and mostly quite flexible when it comes to scheduling and hours.
    -Being a small business, Berret's can make adjustments that make it easier for waiters to satisfy customers

ConsThe only con I can think of is the lack of a need for new managers, which limits the potential for promotion; that said, waitering is usually a temporary job anyway.

A pleasant & positive place to work.

ProsManagement that treats their staff with respect & tact. Friendly & respectful coworkers. Nutritious employee meals. Recognition for efforts on the job. Co workers read many books dealings with individual development & improving society. Uses a number of sustainability measures in their operations.

ConsNo health insurance for front line staff. Front line staff hours cut somewhat during January & February.

I worked at Berret's while in college to make ends meet. You mostly deal with tourists and make pretty good tips.

Server (Current Employee) Williamsburg, VA

ProsThe check average at Berret's is $35-50, so tips are pretty good per table. The best times to work are big weekends during the William and Mary school year: parents weekend, homecoming, graduation, etc.

ConsThe winter season can get a bit slow when there aren't many tourists in town. Additionally, you only get 4-5 tables a section (which is manageable) so you're limited to the number of tables you can be seated per evening.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management at Berret's was extremely fair while I was there. Schedules were posted in advance on the website and they accommodated servers' needs for time off well.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience, co-workers are like family.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFamily-like, good food, focus on customer service

ConsOutdated technology, decor; more motivation needed from manangement

Worked for Berret's Seafood Restaurant? Contribute to the Community!