Bertucci's Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Glorified Sweat Shop!

I worked at Bertucci's full-time

Pros

The back out the house staff is very friendly and welcoming

Cons

You are given the tools to do your job correctly, so then you are forced to do duties that are not in your job description. All of the managers there do not care to do their job because they are all too busy about the latest work drama. The managers will rather be on the dock smoking a cigarette in the middle of a lunch or dinner shift then to aid the cooks. I find it terrible that when a guest complains about a meal and requests to speak to a manager, the manager refuses and makes the server deal with the issues.

All of this along with never being prepared: constantly running out of food.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to hire managers that are equipped for the position. Managers that will actually tend to their duties and responsibilities.

2. Good place

Former Employee - Serve in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Serve in Boston, MA

I worked at Bertucci's

Pros

Lots of benefits. Server family. Learned alot about selling food. They give chances to people who do not have any serving experience.

Cons

Not that great pay. The menu was on the cheaper side and they over staff the floors making it harder to get good money.

Advice to Management

Take your job seriously. Their management is typically younger, and they try to be friends with you. I had a manager that did this, but would then turn around and go on power trips.

3. Not a bad serving job!

Former Employee - Server in Gainesville, VA
    Former Employee - Server in Gainesville, VA

I worked at Bertucci's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at the Bertucci's in Gainesville, VA and it was clean, the food was good, and the customers were nice. There was a more respectful culture than other restaurants at which I've been a server.

Cons

Your basic cons to working in the food service industry.

5. Not a Permanent Career

Current Employee - Hostess in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Hostess in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bertucci's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get the hang of, regulars are awesome.

Cons

Poorly managed restaurant, unstable hours.

Advice to Management

Too many managers coming in and out of my specific restaurant, stability and proper management needed.

6. Not a good place

I worked at Bertucci's

Pros

I have really nothing good to say about working here. Other than the regulars who loved you.

Cons

The waitstaff was horrible. They were nasty to new employee's and would go out of their ways not to help if you have a question. Management was ok. They didn't seem to notice or care about how the waitstaff were treating each other

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the waitstaff. It seems as though you don't care about the staff, and don't do anything to help the people struggling

7. Bertuccis Treats You Like Family.

Former Employee - Server Trainer/Bartender in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Server Trainer/Bartender in Framingham, MA

I worked at Bertucci's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved working here. I've since worked at several other restaurants and I am currently at another Italian restaurant as a server/ bartender (predominantly bartending). I owe everything I have gained in talent and discipline (when it comes to the restaurant and bar business) to Bertuccis. I fell in love with hospitality, teamwork, Italian food, and most of all, bartending. The managers care about you being successful and make you realize that there is no "useless employee" at Bertuccis. All of us together as a team made it what it is. And that's why it was a beautiful place to work at. After almost a year I did a boo-boo and got terminated. I always tell myself that I don't regret anything because I always learn from my mistakes, but the most effective feeling that had came into fruition based off my termination is the fact that I truly was successful because I cares, and still care, about Bertuccis. They were my family, and it wasn't even about the money. If you see bad reviews from employees, then I can bet your butt that they were just BAD employees. Any person can call any place bad, people have opinions. But it takes every single individual there to make it what it is and if one person doesn't try, then that will result in them not having a good experience. I would do anything in the world to be honored with another opportunity to work for Bertuccis in Framingham. Melissa Surber was the best General Manager I have ever had the pleasure of working for. I hope some day it happens again. Name: Brian Busa.

Cons

The only challenge is yourself, you having to be willing to learn and take constructive criticism because everyone there wants you to succeed. I worked with people who had poor work ethic, I guess that's a con. But the only con that's legit, is some people lack of ability to mold into a different environment than they are used to.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, I love you guys.

The managers had little regard for scheduling requests and thought of workers as entirely dispensable.

Former Employee - Order Taker in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Order Taker in Waltham, MA

I worked at Bertucci's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good food, easy money, transferral to other of the chain's locations, nice coworkers, clean and sanitary kitchen, physically active job.

Cons

The restaurant had a very fast turnover for employees. This was because of scheduling difficulties and condescending managers who thought of employees as dispensable.

Advice to Management

Be more conscientious of the needs of your employees. I was in high school at the time I worked there and my part time job was not at all my priority. While I was happy with a set schedule, the schedule was always changing which lead to many conflicts with my schedule and much stress added to my life.

9. Good experience

Former Employee - Server/Bartender
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender

I worked at Bertucci's

Pros

Quality food, busy, and flexible schedule. The managers were understanding and overall it was a good company to work for.

Cons

At the end of the day, it's still corporate. So it did have corporate guidlines to follow. Also, no benefits.

Advice to Management

Actually any visits we had from upper management were positive. They were always laid back. The only thing that would make employees life easier would be the opportunity for benefits.

10. Decent place for a college kid

Current Employee - Wait Staff
    Current Employee - Wait Staff

I have been working at Bertucci's

Pros

Good way to make cash on the side of your classes, most people are aroubd the same age with the exception of a few lifers .....

Cons

Management is unrealistic and expects things from you that cannot be attained generally speaking . Some employees are less than stand up members of society but usually nice enough ......use you're imagination

Advice to Management

Relax, stop trying to get servers to bother people about filling out surveys I have never once been asked to fill out a survey about a waiter by that waiter it's just awkward and accomplishes very little, there are other ways to gauge your guests level of satisfaction with their experience

11. Great food Horrible management

I worked at Bertucci's

Pros

The Food was great. They care about their customers

Cons

inconsistencies and discrepancies within the management system.

RSS Feed </> Embed