Best Buy

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly

Hubert Joly

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The team I worked with was awesome, the company is very indecisive about major changes, lots of bad managers.

Home Theater Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

ProsAwesome environment with other employees, cool products to work with all day, and in a couple of months you will be schooling everyone you know on electronics!

ConsLots of terrible management that a lot of the time only care about you "numbers" and performance. Which sadly, in return creates a impersonal experience with your leaders. Changes from corporate that trickle down in to stores a lot of the time feel "inaccurate" to what actually is going on and the changes usually don't fix or help to make the customers or employees experience better. Seems like corporate is out of touch with its stores. EXTREME lack of communication all across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to your employees input more. LEARN HOW TO SCHEDULE! Finally, make accurate communication to employees on what is being said to you from your GM and DM! Stop hoping they figure it out on their own.

Best Buy is a great job to work your way up.

Computer and Tablet Specialist (Former Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

ProsThe starting pay is usually pretty decent, and hours, even as a part time employee were good. There are a lot of opportunities to bonus and obtain extra incentive through Path to Excellence points. The knowledge you gain by working in your department is pretty substantial.

ConsManagement is...awful. It's hard to explain whether it was their general attitude or the fact that they acted like your boss, instead of leading you in the right direction. It fluctuated while I was there, but generally they had a pretty bad demeanor.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must remove yourself from the pedestals you think you're on. Come down to our level and coach, don't just boss us around.

Alright Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

ProsFun place to work (at times), good employee discount, fun co-workers but NOT fun managers, great products, monopoly over the competition

ConsLong hours, tedious work, not enough training, too much emphasis on multiple items for sales such as selling "insurance" on products

Advice to Senior ManagementBe friendlier and more open to staff. It's hard to work for managers that don't seem to care and are only their own good.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun so far

Digital Life Specialist (Current Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

Prosgreat people and a nice discount. Get to network and meet new people everyday. game nights at the store where we play video games all night long.

Consmanagement does not know how to manage. Not a great opportunity to move up in the company most definitely not enough money to support a family. Oh and it's retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more opportunities to move up with in the company for people who might want to make best buy their carrer.

Management

Colorado Springs, CO

ProsThere are a good amount of benefits

ConsManagement! The worst place I've ever work for in my life. The level of disconnection between managers and their employees is appalling. Best Buy might be bearable if managers treated their employees with a modicum of respect, unfortunately corporate training for managers must include belittling, yelling, and disrespecting employees in front of each other, because that's all I've ever experienced. I will be elated when I leave this job!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with morals.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings in Colorado Springs, CO — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.