Best Buy

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly

Hubert Joly

(1,618 ratings)

5,295 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Finally the employee discount is one of the best I have ever seen or heard of"
    in 633 reviews
  • "Most of the people know what they are talking about and fun to work with"
    in 102 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance only exists under quality General Management which is rare"
    in 152 reviews
  • "To move to full-time you need to be numbers focused ALL OF THE TIME"
    in 149 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Working At BBY

ProsTrying to transform, it is convenient

ConsWe can't go fast enough

Great Experience, amazing training, fun job, challenging

Best Buy Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Edwardsville, IL

Prosfun, lots of opportunities to win free stuff or get at a hugely discounted rate, many people that share a common passion work there, great management, challenging, okay pay if youre in high school. LOTS OF OPPORTUNITIES TO WORK YOUR WAY UP THE LADDER. extreme job flexibility and availability room

ConsLow pay compared to other sales positions, consider it a stepping stone to get into higher level sales jobs, (car sales, furniture, cell phone sales, insurance) All other sales jobs involve a lot more pay. Other than that, not too much to complain about.

It Procurement and Sourcing -Run as fast as possible

IT Procurement Sourcing Manager (Former Employee)
    Richfield, MN

ProsHard to think if anything at this point. I will say discounts are good on small ticket items.

ConsI am a previous employee who left on my own. This group has serious issues. More than half this team has quit within two months. The remainder are looking for new opportunities. Terrible management with no support. Processes change everyday. Extreme favoritism, advancing only the people who are part of the "In Crowd" who are not qualified. No concern at all that all the people with any knowledge are leaving No training provided, took away the only good thing and that is working from home. No raises for previous or future year. Bonus requirements changed making it to difficult to meet. Why hasn't HR and upper management started to question why everyone is leaving. I just can't encourage anyone thing about accepting these jobs to keep looking.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at what and why employees are so unhappy and leaving. Try to make this a functioning team again. Value each employee and bring out their strengths instead of beating them or ignoring them completely

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales sales sales

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat discount, nice to learn and be around technology. Generally good people working with you. There really is a lot of space to grow in the company if you put all of your time into it.

ConsWages suck for what you put up with. After a while it becomes a numbers game of selling and dealing with very horrible customers and management can really get on you about useless stuff that makes you want to quit weekly.

They Love there employees

Home Theater Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Green Bay, WI

ProsGreat Benefits, Leadership is very evolved in performance development. You get recognition for ever great thing you do and can get rewards for it as well. This company really likes to take care of there employees.

ConsFull time employement means you will almost never have a weekend off unless you request it in advance. Must have full open availability.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork Hard, Think of this job as your own business and take care of your department and you will grow fast within the company. Dedicate what you want into the company and you will see that in return

Caring and compassionate management.

Sales Support Associate (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsMonthly bonuses, PTO, sick hours and vacation time. Benefits package is excellent.

ConsThere is really nothing bad I can say here, I love my job.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time thinking from the POV of a consumer, not just a retailer.

Enjoyed ROWE while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Richfield, MN

ProsROWE, fun employees, campus amenities

Conscalling the "help desk" for anything, having work outsourced

The best place to sale the latest and greatest

Sales Team Leader (Current Employee)
    Paducah, KY

ProsFlexible scheduling, the teams you work with are like family

ConsWatch out for that unfortunate restructure.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your employees reviews are TRULY based off of their individual performance NOT total store performance at the line level.

Great Place To Work

Home Theater Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    West Jordan, UT

ProsReasonable Pay, Amazing Discount, Fun Environment, Good Training Program, and Good with schedules

ConsThere aren't cons to working for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave induction more often

Fun and very interesting.

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe discount is good and they really give you any schedule you ask for. The training is top notch and very helpful if you don't already know about the products.

ConsThe pay could be better. Have to work 7 1/2 hour to get a lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better relationship with employees.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All 5,295 reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.