Best Buy

3.3 5,375 reviews

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly

Hubert Joly

(1,652 ratings)

Pros
  • Finally the employee discount is one of the best I have ever seen or heard of(in 672 reviews)

• Most of the people know what they are talking about and fun to work with(in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance only exists under quality General Management which is rare(in 162 reviews)

• To move to full-time you need to be numbers focused ALL OF THE TIME(in 158 reviews)

5,375 Employee Reviews

Good company but a lot or restructure frequently

General Manager (Current Employee) Rogers, MN

ProsStrong brand, competitive prices, employee discount, compensation good, field managers very in tune with their stores, overall a good company for many

ConsHours, promotional opportunities, many times it can be who you know to get roles, work, life balance, change frequently, last min changes to schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that restructures shouldn't be drawn out for months

It Procurement and Sourcing -Run as fast as possible

IT Procurement Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) Richfield, MN

ProsHard to think if anything at this point. I will say discounts are good on small ticket items.

ConsI am a previous employee who left on my own. This group has serious issues. More than half this team has quit within two months. The remainder are looking for new opportunities. Terrible management with no support. Processes change everyday. Extreme favoritism, advancing only the people who are part of the "In Crowd" who are not qualified. No concern at all that all the people with any knowledge are leaving No training provided, took away the only good thing and that is working from home. No raises for previous or future year. Bonus requirements changed making it to difficult to meet. Why hasn't HR and upper management started to question why everyone is leaving. I just can't encourage anyone thing about accepting these jobs to keep looking.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at what and why employees are so unhappy and leaving. Try to make this a functioning team again. Value each employee and bring out their strengths instead of beating them or ignoring them completely

Sales sales sales

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat discount, nice to learn and be around technology. Generally good people working with you. There really is a lot of space to grow in the company if you put all of your time into it.

ConsWages suck for what you put up with. After a while it becomes a numbers game of selling and dealing with very horrible customers and management can really get on you about useless stuff that makes you want to quit weekly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working At BBY

ProsTrying to transform, it is convenient

ConsWe can't go fast enough

Not a bad place to work

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsGood culture, learned a lot of stuff, stepping stone to a better job

ConsPoor Pay, hours not not always available.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better, provide more room for advancement

I don't see what's so bad.

Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) Holyoke, MA

ProsPay is decent for what you do, I started as a seasonal worker and with just working hard I got part time then full time, then supervisor. It's not hard to move up in the company, you just need results. This isn't the job for someone who just wants to "chill". Supervisors and assistant managers are the best.

ConsNo GM has been good enough to stay long so far. GM's need more product knowledge training, they mostly just stay in the office all day or pressure you to sell/do things without guidance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your GM's more on product knowledge.

Great employee benefits.

General Manager (Current Employee)

Prosgreat place to work everyone

ConsSome challenges with company policies

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Caring and compassionate management.

Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsMonthly bonuses, PTO, sick hours and vacation time. Benefits package is excellent.

ConsThere is really nothing bad I can say here, I love my job.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time thinking from the POV of a consumer, not just a retailer.

Enjoyed ROWE while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richfield, MN

ProsROWE, fun employees, campus amenities

Conscalling the "help desk" for anything, having work outsourced

They Love there employees

Home Theater Supervisor (Current Employee) Green Bay, WI

ProsGreat Benefits, Leadership is very evolved in performance development. You get recognition for ever great thing you do and can get rewards for it as well. This company really likes to take care of there employees.

ConsFull time employement means you will almost never have a weekend off unless you request it in advance. Must have full open availability.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork Hard, Think of this job as your own business and take care of your department and you will grow fast within the company. Dedicate what you want into the company and you will see that in return

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!