Best Buy

Best Buy Reviews in Emeryville, CA

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly

Hubert Joly

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

It's a love/hate relationship.

Multi Channel Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than 3 years

Pros+Employee Discount (For the items that are eligible, the price is the manufacturers production cost plus an additional 5%)

+Pretty flexible with hours

+Meeting cool people [coworkers & customers]

+You can move up kind of quickly

+The rare bonuses tend to be fat.

Cons-Black Friday

-They expect too much, numbers wise. And when you reach those numbers, they drop these new rules & new expectations and tons of other things.

-Employee discount is nonexistent or useless on most core items (like TV's, laptops, etc). Employee discount is best for accessories.

-Though they tell us to express to customers that we don't get paid commission, sales departments get fat bonuses at the end of the month if they meet the crazy expectations. However, cashiers and Multi Channel Sales Associates either get none or very little.

-Managers can be unprofessional.

-The program for financial aid for college students is stupid. You must be a full time student and work full time. UMMM, I guess they expect you to have no life and be at school and work at the same time? I am a part timer and I deserve help.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know how some people are chosen as managers. They are so LAZY. Like they will stand together and talk about nonsense, no way they are talking business the whole time. And don't even dare interrupt them because they will make a ugly face and complain about being busy. There is no need for a manager to keep asking why you need help or their assistance, do your job and go help out.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings in Emeryville, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.