Best Buy

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly

Hubert Joly

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Garland, TX

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

ProsThey are all about the people, making it a great experience not just for the customers but the employees too

ConsIt does get hectic and crazy as with any retail enviornement

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve the employee experience anyway possible and in turn you will see increased results

Fun, hard work, GM's have to much power-probably the reaon theyn are going down hill

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Garland, TX

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

ProsGood experience, values,income, bonuses, and the people you work with(linelevel)

Conshours suck, favortism,good ol' boy network to get promoted

Advice to Senior Managementyour gm's make get oney make them earn it, too much horsing around, playing wit the help

A good experience.

Customer Specialist (Former Employee)
Garland, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

ProsSeeing and experiencing new technology.
Conversing with people.

ConsStanding very long hours. Pay is not great starting out.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a bonus system to top preforming employees in each department.

Pretty Good

Computer and Tablet Spec Part-Time (Current Employee)

I have been working at Best Buy

ProsGood supervisor and management for the most part.
Great Co-Workers
Overall fairly satisfied.

ConsWish there were more opportunity to advance
Wish there were commission based pay or higher hourly rate of pay. It's hard to make it on a rate of under 9 dollars an hour with only part-time hours. I would love to advance to full-time but I've been there for a year and no opportunity just yet...

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish management made it a point to share news of job openings and generate more full-time spots.

Great seasonal job, but there are quite a few things that I didn't like

Seasonal Operations Representative (Cashier) (Former Employee)

I worked at Best Buy

ProsGood Employee Discount on Accessories, Generous Discount on house-brand items (Dynex, RocketFish, Insignia, Init), Flexible Hours, Some Great Co-Workers, Pretty Good Management, Fun Environment to Work In, Great Customers that make your day, Awesome products to play with, Good break room at my location

ConsPoor discount on major items (Computers, TVs, Cameras), Mediocre compensation, Minimal Training, Pushing Attachments (Black Tie, Magazines, Reward Zone, Credit Card, HDMI Cables), Curmudgeon Customers, Customers that think they can ignore policy, Customers that pay with 20 low-value gift cards (I'm not kidding, it happened to me twice. Once during the holiday rush, and once after the holidays), Check Verification Policy (writing checks is slow enough already, add waiting for a manager to verify it), Co-workers that tell you the opposite of what management said

Advice to Senior ManagementIt wouldn't hurt to give more advice to employees along the way, instead of waiting until review time. Don't believe what other co-workers say without finding out for yourself. When laying off seasonal workers, don't treat them like they were only in it for the discount. Actually have the General Manager participate in the hiring process. If the GM didn't participate in the hiring process, I don't think they should be the one to lay you off. Lastly don't mention advancement for a seasonal applicant when the store is already at capacity.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings in Garland, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.