Best Buy Reviews

3.2
Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly
Hubert Joly
2,458 Ratings

1. Gained sales and customer service experience, however, no commission and low hourly rate.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Conroe, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great employee discount on products. Gained knowledge about all the products. Great job if you get it for the discount and have another job for the bills.

Cons

Low pay for the job and minimal room for growth.

Not much to say to management.

2. Good people, terrible management

Current Employee - Geek Squad Agent in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Geek Squad Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Network with tons of people, Friendly coworkers, evolving market, pretty fun place to be

Cons

Poor management, terrible wages, rude customers, no chance for promotion, poor benefits, no commission, overall just a bad place to work

Please stop pushing your jobs onto your workers. We shouldn't be the ones cleaning and price checking while reorganizing the whole store as well as helping customers. It affects customer service greatly and you guys don't need that.

3. It's a see-saw of a place.

Current Employee - Computer Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Computer Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get some awesome discounts working with Best Buy. It varies amongst items, but there are some big ticket pieces that go much lower off the employee discount. The people are also rather chill. I think Best Buy makes it a point to invite some of the realest people onboard to make sure customers and fellow employees feel welcome.

Cons

It's bureaucracy 101 out the you-know-what. I found this odd for a non-commission business. You feel bottom rung and you're constantly reminded that your work is most important for making the higher paid managers/supervisors' wallets fatter. It's humiliating and even worse because employees get little recognition, no respect and inconsiderate pay (and I'm not saying this just as the guy who has been working here for only half a year, but as I guy that has learned from people that have worked at the same location/position for YEARS and YEARS). I have an awesome General Manager at my place and it still isn't enough. The other higher-ups spoil the batch as they can.

Be actual managers. Spend time to teach us and not simply stuff our throats with the newest nonsensical technique or tool tossed down to you from corporate. Acknowledge employees for the good they've done rather for just telling us "Sell better-rer." All this and more. I suppose it could be worse though.

5. Great Place to work, probably my favorite job!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than a year)

Pros

People
    Environment
    Closed on Christmas
    Great Training

Cons

Have to work nights and weekends
    Black Friday
    Hiring Process was long

You guys have a great system in place, everyone that works hard gets recognized and thats awesome.

6. pay sucks

Current Employee - Team Lead in Pearland, TX
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Pearland, TX

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

environment is addicting , and you stay busy dealing with customers when the store is busy

Cons

crappy pay , lot of pushing , messed up managers , stop pushing without giving back , no recognition , no commission

give the people a better freaking pay , recognize them for what they do , and reward them when they excel .

7. Flexible hours but not enough opportunities for growth.

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

I worked at Best Buy while I was in school and it was great because of the flexible hours. Discounts were awesome and I loved learning about electronics. I also met some great people that I worked with and we still all hang out from time to time.

Cons

I worked in Customer Service and Geek Squad and the customers were really difficult to deal with. Dealing with angry customers was emotionally draining! For that reason I cannot go back to retail ever again. It is also really hard to move up in this company.

8. Great except for store manager

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in League City, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in League City, TX

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Friendly, easy going, everyone knows what they're talking about when it comes to their respective departments. Never met an employee that was rude to me!

Cons

Had to move my surgery date because they would not give me time off for no apparent reason and then asked to leave the company because of my medical issues.

Store manager is very rude and has all employees work excessively late doing silly tasks that do not affect the store. I have stayed several times until 1-2 AM on a school night when we didn't have truck. I was reminded I could be laid off if I left before everyone else even though I'm not 18 and not allowed to work past 10 as per city law.

9. Easy & fun part-time job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Great co-workers and management at this store. Always had fun and days usually went by fast.

Cons

Their pay was too low and I had to look for something else.

10. DI Sales Consultant

Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Cypress, TX
    Former Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Cypress, TX

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people you work there with are great. They're really helpful with training and pay above minimum wage. Flexible Hours

Cons

They make you go through a mandatory sales training, if you do fail it. You get a written report on it. There's alot of things changing with management and store wise. Loads of training programs that you have to do at home or at work, depending how busy you are.

11. Great Company

Current Employee - Computer Sales Specialist in Pasadena, TX
    Current Employee - Computer Sales Specialist in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Great Environment, Not Hard Work, Great Discounts on Products and Services

Cons

Work-Life Balance, Sucky Store, Okay Managers

Focus on your front line Employees more