Best Buy Reviews in Morgantown, WV

5,775 Reviews

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly
Hubert Joly
1,845 Ratings

Pros
  • Finally the employee discount is one of the best I have ever seen or heard of (in 681 reviews)

• Most of the people know what they are talking about and fun to work with (in 108 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance only exists under quality General Management which is rare (in 165 reviews)

• The pay was low, even for full time employees that have been there for a long time (in 163 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company Overall

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Manager  in  Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Manager in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

Career Growth, Employee Benefits, Fast Paced industry, Fun working environment, convenient locations, flexible scheduling, On the job training, bonus potential.

Cons

increased industry competition, job security in retail industry due to economic concerns, high pressure sales enviroment (if you aren't concerned with being a top performer, then you need not apply).

Dont forget what it's like to be a line level employee. Everyone wants to be successful but you must be realistic in your expectations.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked here for 2 years, plenty of opportunities to advance. Always latest and greatest technology. They take company values seriously, Have fun while being the best. Great bonus opportunities if you hit sales goals.

Cons

If you don't like fast pace, constant change, you will not like it here. Could provide better training. Pay is not the greatest.

Fun. but underpaid

Former Employee - Computer Sales Specialist  in  Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Computer Sales Specialist in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

There was an amazingly positive work eviornment there, no drama, awesome supervisors and flexible hours, worked great for a college student like myself.

Cons

A large amount of effort has to be put into selling services and attachments, and you are always hounded about keeping your sales numbers up. I'm fine with working hard, but not everyone wants, or can get, a best buy card, not everyone wants or needs geek squad protection. It was more often than not that me and my colleagues would twist the truth to make a sale better, the ones who didn't were usually lower on the spectrum in terms of preformance. Also their sales model is changing instead of having specialized departments all employees need to know everything about the store.

Return to the old sales model, specialization is what attracts people to best buy. Also pay workers a higher wage, when we are making the store 500+ dollars an hour it would be amazing to at least see a bit of our efforts returned.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Where have all the mom and pop shops gone?

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

The people who work there, in non-leadership positions, generally tend to be very fun to work with. The employee discount is very good, with most products being sold to employees at only 5% above cost.

Cons

The selling of unnecessary products, services, and "service plans" are forced upon the the sales-floor employees in the guise of giving the "customer" the "the complete solution. Managers do very little besides "sales leading," trying to pump up employees about competing with surrounding Best Buy stores and Best Buy districts, and sitting behind closed doors chatting. Most leadership meetings are held simply for the sake of holding meetings. The hourly employees do all of the hard work.

Store management: Start selling on the floor a little more often...walk the walk instead of talking the talk.
    Upper management: Do something more productive, and spread the wealth around the company a little more generously.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!