Best Buy Reviews in Novi, MI

5,821 Reviews

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly
Hubert Joly
1,868 Ratings

Pros
  • Finally the employee discount is one of the best I have ever seen or heard of (in 729 reviews)

• The pay is descent only if you are working for GeekSquad, great discount for employees (in 311 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance only exists under quality General Management which is rare (in 196 reviews)

• full time position due to nobody moving in current full-time positions for higher ones (in 181 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Bestbuy

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits
    Flexible Hours
    Fair Compensation
    Extensive Training

Cons

Steep Expectations
    Constant Ops Changes

Great team members, however, all employees are over worked and under paid.

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Novi, MI

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team environment was great

Cons

You are over worked and underpaid

Offer more incentives and allow more room for growth

Overall good place to work

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate  in  Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

Not commission based. Good pay. If you work in the mobile department, you are able to get monthly bonuses if you hit your goals, but it's hard to hit. (I believe the rest of the store only has quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Nothing is ever good enough for the managers of this department, even if you exceed your goals and their expectations of you, they always act disappointed in you and say you can do better.
    Hardly any hours (like 4-8 per week) unless it's the holiday season.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great co-workers, terrible managers

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I worked at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team that I worked with was awesome.

Cons

There were good managers in the beginning but they either quit or were transferred to another store because the store manager was terrible. They come up with new rules and policies so much that customers get mad and the people who had no say in it are the ones that get yelled at.

Great people, great fun, and great leaders!

Current Employee - MHT Pro III  in  Novi, MI
    Current Employee - MHT Pro III in Novi, MI

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

If you want to either have a job with a great discount or career potential then here is your place. When I first started I did it as a job for now, but after a couple of years now I love everything about it. Everyday I learn something new, not just about the technology, but in business and how this multi-billion dollar company works to make it happen. I love technology and teaching everyday people what things are, how they work, and how it could benefit their lives. One of my favorite things about working here is that there is no commission, its not pressure sales, and your not going to get fired for not getting everything on every transaction (although it makes you look better and feels good).

Cons

Being yelled at sometimes by customers, smelling very bad breathe and body odor at times, or dealing with some very incompetent learners. Since it is technology and it changes so fast and so often you do have some backlash by people trying to buy something they like. You need to be patient or you will lose your mind with some people.

In my store nothing, they are without a doubt the absolute best set of managers and leaders I have ever worked with and for. I have worked with good leaders before, but never a group this strong as a whole. Three thumbs up!

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!