Best Buy Reviews

5,959 Reviews

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly
Hubert Joly
1,941 Ratings

Pros
  • You get a nice employee discount on the items that you can get for cheap on amazon (in 744 reviews)

• The pay is descent only if you are working for GeekSquad, great discount for employees (in 316 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance only exists under quality General Management which is rare (in 201 reviews)

• full time position due to nobody moving in current full-time positions for higher ones (in 184 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall, a pleasant company to work at.

Former Employee - Lifestyles Sales Consultant in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Lifestyles Sales Consultant in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

work-life balance, respectful of employees

Cons

trouble ascending the company ranks

Best buy review

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great knowledge of technology and great discount. Management can vary but have always have had a pleasant experience with them. They track sales and goals but will not affect your employment status if not met. Talk to every customer and sell them what you need and you will enjoy this job very much.

Cons

Dealing with the customers that are incompetent. Closing duties are usually a pain we must down stock all products as opposed to the inventory team.

Always keep an eye out for your employees, they will work hard if respected. Morale drives sales!

Experience depends on management

Former Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate in Porter Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate in Porter Ranch, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The management team was excellent at the store I worked at. We were considered a test store so many of the corporate marketing and sales strategies were tried at our store which made the environment open to new ideas and a lot of flexibility.

Cons

Promotions are tough, basically have to wait till someone either gets fired, gets promoted, or move to another store to get a promotion. As a con, that is standard though

Best company to begin your career

Former Employee - Connectivity Business Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Connectivity Business Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Best Buy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment, up to the level of manager...

Cons

The company does not put any importance on the quality of life during your tenure as an assistant manager.

Speak to assistant managers to gain actual insight, sometimes the wrong people are leading the helm of stores because they once were good assistant managers. The issue is when they become GM or DM they forget how hard the struggle underneath them was and overlook some great employees.

Great

Current Employee - Mobile Install Tech Lead in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Mobile Install Tech Lead in Denton, TX

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

worked there for 7 years and of course had its ups and down but loved it and that's why i stayed for so long. Pay is good, and competitive in the retail job realm. You get bonuses on numbers which is great, gives good motivation and the employee discount is amazing. Culture is great and has great tools for you to expand your knowledge and is a great tool for new employees even has comedy in something that can be so boring to anyone. If your a motivated individual there is def. room for advancement at least in my store which was amazing, i saw people promoted left and right way more than allot of other stores and opportunities available to people willing to take the responsibility, nothing was handed to you, you had to earn it. Management and the GM are great at this store and I've missed it ever since i left.

Cons

No cons, i loved best-buy up until my last day and still do, hope i can work there again someday part time.

I've never had a problem with management, i did my job without issues and things went smoothly, and always had support from management and got along famously even and multiple stores, if such issues arises was always dealt with.

Excellent job.

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is great for the most part, and you're not pressured to sell things to people who don't need them. Its mainly about getting the customer the best solution and that leaves you feeling like you actually made a difference in someone's day. Flexible schedule and good bonuses if you're part time or higher. Amazing employee discount.
    You don't work off commission which is a pro and a con, pro because you're not stressed out all the time trying to make you're quota, you're still tracked on what you sell but its not everything. Con because it would be nice after spending an hour selling someone a 3,000 laptop to see even a little bit of that back directly. But, it keeps us honest and impartial so I don't think best buy will change this any time soon.

Cons

Hard to move up to a full time position or higher, you might be getting full time like hours being "part time" but you don't get the benefits, there are only a couple full time spots available in each department and people normally stay there a while.

More recognition if we provide truly great customer service would be nice.

My Life At Best Buy.

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Your skill level in customer communication advances. The co workers & the gratuitous employee discount. Also the knowledge you gain about advanced technology.The

Cons

Constant traffic of customers The lack of job training when it comes to processing bill of laden's (BOL), down stock reports customer returns. Minimal room to advance within the company.

More advance training

Great place to work

Former Employee - Cashier in Howell, NJ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Howell, NJ

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working at best buy. Everyone is extremely nice and laid back. Just a great work environment for anyone who is starting off.

Cons

Not much to say. It's a basic you always get busy during the holidays but after that it slows down. My hours weren't great but I still enjoyed working there.

My mangers where awesome I honestly can't conplain about it.

Demanding, But Rewarding (as a temporary job while in college)

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gilroy, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gilroy, CA

I worked at Best Buy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a sales associate, much of my experience is going to be very store-specifc; however, here is what I encountered during my time at Best Buy:
    Awesome management
    Lenient time-off
    Great rewards ('Path To Excellence', employee discount)
    Team-oriented work environment
    Friendly and fun coworkers
    Great learning experience
    Always changing (both a pro and con)
    Always something to do (fast-paced)

Cons

Always changing (both a pro and con)
    Always something to do (fast-paced)
    Demanding (not a great part-time job for a college student)
    Stressful every so often (though most if not all jobs are this way from time to time)

Deputy CIA Supervisor

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great enviroment for development, career growth and new opportunities! I have been with the company for over 8 years and am still going.

Cons

Decline in leadership structure, workloads have increased due to newer operating model. Would like to have more leadership present.

NA