Best Buy

3.3 5,433 reviews

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly

Hubert Joly

(1,675 ratings)

Pros
  • Finally the employee discount is one of the best I have ever seen or heard of (in 681 reviews)

• Most of the people know what they are talking about and fun to work with (in 108 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance only exists under quality General Management which is rare (in 165 reviews)

• The pay was low, even for full time employees that have been there for a long time (in 163 reviews)

More Highlights
5,433 Employee Reviews

Good employee discounts

ProsEmployee discounts have to be the best perk. Great discounts on accessories especially. Another is keeping on top of new trends and technology.

ConsWork was not equally distributed among employees. Holidays like Black Friday are very hectic and stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook closer and acknowledge good workers more often.

Best Buy was an amazing 14 year journey as a Regional Competitive Specialist. My network greatly expanded.

Regional Competitive Specialist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAmazing people to work around. Great learning opportunities with this company.

ConsUnfortunately over the past 5 years, the cut backs have allowed them to lose some amazing employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs much as I still LOVE Best Buy.. Unless you are a General Manager inside a store, there is no security of a job.

Great Company to work for.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Hialeah, FL

ProsFlexible schedule. Good co-workers.

ConsLow pay, Work on weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was always nice and cared about the team.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frontlane Operations Specialist

Prosgreat company, great management, a lot of room to grow within company

Constraining, perks, low compensation for a lot of hours

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

A great place to begin a career

ProsGreat co workers and lots of product info.

ConsTerrible schedules and last minute changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore product rraining.

great employee experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosemployee experience and training were outstanding

Conswork life balance and no holidays

A Great Company to grow in.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are a self starter and can quickly adapt to changes, the ability to grow within this company is great. I started as just a seasonal employee while in college, and within my first 12 month was able to work my way up to a supervisor role and continued over my years to advance further within the company.

ConsConstant restructuring makes it hard to stay motivated and leaves employees concerned that their role will be eliminated every year. Also the amount of work and skill our associates are required to have deserves better compensation from entry level employees up.

Home Theater Associate

Home Theater Sales Associate (Former Employee) Waterford, MI

ProsA lot of great people to work with, never ending supply of new technology to learn, had a good discount on merchandise.

ConsVery little upward mobility, they would be willing to let you switch departments and learn more but not willing to let you move up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you value good employees they will work very had as long as you come through on promises made. Stop telling employees if they do certain things they will be promoted. If you can't or won't come through for your employees when they do what you ask of them, they lose a lot of faith in you and the company.

Good Company for a first Job

PCHO Lead (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsLearning how to conduct sales, manage client systems, and perform analysis. This was a perfect first job for someone interested in the field of technology with a sales slant.

ConsOverbearing management, ineffective scheduling, lack of ability to advance in the company.

Life at bby

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked there for four years. Great job during your college years.

The company wants you to have a best friend at work. Which is easy to do.

Best buys motto is "have fun while being the best" it's definitely a fun job!

Awesome discount.

ConsHoliday season gets extremely overwhelming. Black Friday is miserable. 5 Black Fridays and no one is ever truly prepared.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!