Best Buy Reviews

3.4
Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly
Hubert Joly
2,940 Ratings

Pros
  • Great Benefit with the employee discount in the stores (in 780 reviews)

• Great discount plan (yes not as good as it used to be (in 328 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a work / life balance as a manager (in 217 reviews)

• Not a lot of full time openings (in 199 reviews)

8,214 Employee Reviews

Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Akron, OH

I have been working at Best Buy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have an amazing team that worked with me every step of the way! The manager hired really great people. During the holidays I received a large pay check! Best Buy's employee discount is great.

Cons

The demographic I work in is very difficult to work with. Customers are deciding between buying food or a cell phone. It is hard to make the sale with them. They are usually "just looking" or only come during sales.

Advice to Management

Please understand how hard it is to sell to people who do not have money. Turning a "just looking" customer into a big sale is hard.

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Sales in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best buy put a lot of time into training and they really care about their employees

Cons

Nothing bad really. It can be overwhelming at times if you don't know what you're doing, but that's retail in general. I enjoy a fast paced environment though, so it doesn't bother me.

Advice to Management

Service attachment goals can be unrealistic, especially during slow months. But I know the managers don't decide what they are. My managers are awesome, So I say keep up the good work!

3. It is a great company with awesome flexibility for students

Current Employee - Computer Sales Specialist in Mira Loma, CA
    Current Employee - Computer Sales Specialist in Mira Loma, CA

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement Employee discount Company frequently creates positions for growth and promotes from within the company. Company values diversity and individuality You can have tattoos and work there

Cons

Need more hours for employees No longer does store parties functions bbq events Poor scheduling results in associates not able to take their breaks

Advice to Management

Schedule more associates

Great Place

I worked at Best Buy part-time

Pros

A few of the best reasons to work there include great co workers and management. Helping customers really gives you a great feeling.

Cons

The only con could be that you are on your feet most of the day but there's nothing wrong with that as it's part of the job.

Advice to Management

The place I worked at had very attentive management and they were willing to work with employees to create a great working environment.

6. Samsung Open House Expert

Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Best Buy Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well to begin with Employee Discounts ! Customer service is the main focus and great career opportunities. The largest consumer Electronics store.

Cons

Pay Grades are not the best!

Advice to Management

To value employees that give it their all.

7. Not that bad

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Representative in Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Mobile Sales Representative in Gurnee, IL

I worked at Best Buy (Less than a year)

Pros

As far as part time jobs goes best buy wasn't nearly as bad as I expected retail sales to be. I learned a lot and the training they gave us was outstanding.

Cons

Rev goals are hard to keep up with if you work low traffic shifts, but you always usually have the ability to hit. Selling $300-600 of stuff every hour isn't close to impossible

Advice to Management

More one on one time with employees , and relax a little bit this isn't their life time goal in most cases this is just a stepping stone .

8. Great company to work for

Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Lead in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Lead in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Best Buy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible with schedules, many training opportunities to enhance skills and gain knowledge of new products and offers, fun environment

Cons

retail culture - push to upsell customers at the expense of getting them only/exactly what they need

Advice to Management

continue to think of the customer first and continue to push for customer centric policies.

9. Great Place to Work

I have been working at Best Buy part-time

Pros

I personally enjoy talking to people and helping them. This job takes me enthusiasm for computers and electronics and lets me use that as my toolset to help. Lots of people to rely on for help and assistance unlike a lot of other jobs. Employees Ive worked with are genuinely happy with the job and we can joke around while still getting work done. Its not labor heavy either, no running around sweating and stuff. Fun events like pizza parties and bowling events with the whole store sometimes. Lots of fun. Plus, summer Olympics is fun too. You really feel the companionship.

Cons

Long, consecutive shifts can be tiring especially when there short on people. Recognition can sometimes be missed

Advice to Management

What I have seen, in my store is really great. Take time to listen to each other and even the lower employees get there point in and it really feels like a team.

10. Great place to work and start a career in retail.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for if you are driven and want to constantly evolve you and your team. Promotes a great development and coaching rhythm every month to analyze customers needs and feedback while keeping up with business trends.

Cons

For the past 5-6 years, corporate has changed up the op model several times over to restructure to better fit the ever changing needs of the business. This is a con and a pro since Best Buy will continue to evolve as our customers evolve, but we have lost many great leaders with these restructures.

Advice to Management

Please find an op model that fits for longer than 1-2 years. All the restructuring in past has hurt up front, then once you get used to it, here comes another restructure.

11. a job for driven individuals

Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay good discounts good benefits knowledgeable coaching alot of possibilities for advancement

Cons

long hours they watch your numbers like what you sell alot they make you keep track of your numbers they try to drive a commission based approach to selling without giving you any real incentive to selling (meaning they are pushy about you getting your numbers up, but if you sell more or better you still get paid the same)

Advice to Management

if you are knowledgeable about the products and services of bestbuy drive every associate to be as knowledgeable as you

Showing 8,214 of 8,267 reviews