Best Buy Reviews

5,777 Reviews

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly
Hubert Joly
1,846 Ratings

Pros
  • Finally the employee discount is one of the best I have ever seen or heard of (in 681 reviews)

• Most of the people know what they are talking about and fun to work with (in 108 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance only exists under quality General Management which is rare (in 165 reviews)

• The pay was low, even for full time employees that have been there for a long time (in 163 reviews)

More Highlights

God place to work.

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Manager  in  Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Manager in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice bonus structure. Adequate pto time.

Cons

Holidays are rough on work life balance. Constant shifting schedule.

Great times when company was performing well

I worked at Best Buy

Pros

Flexible work times, great place to work if you love electronics and technology, employee discount was good.
    Promotions within the company allowed people to move up.

Cons

Lot of leadership changes in short span of time resulted in new plans each year that didn't have time to take hold.
    Big companies have a tuff time trying to push through new ideas quickly; there's always some politics involved with who owns/takes credit for when something good happens.

It's a good company.. But some of the policies I don't agree with.

Current Employee - Asset Protection Associate  in  Dedham, MA
    Current Employee - Asset Protection Associate in Dedham, MA

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

The discount is the best part.

Cons

They are overly concerned with how things "look" to the customers rather than actually tackling issues. (my experience)

Appreciate your employees. Give them feed back, and don't be over-critical. Be patient and build a relationship with them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty cool job with pretty awesome people

Current Employee - Computer Sales Associate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Computer Sales Associate in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays well, good team atmosphere, awesome employee discount, knowledgeable team, they teach you what you need to know, and customer and solution centric.

Cons

Sometimes not enough coverage is scheduled, Black Thursday/Friday, hard to get a raise, and promotions opportunities could be better.

A better job needs to be done in training new employees in selling skills and product knowledge, better inventory management of product, keep pay in pace with inflation then account extra for quality of employee, and don't dock so much for being 5 min late for work. Being tardy happens but if you are only allowed a total of 5 in a 6 month period that serves to put a lot of people on edge given that most times when they where docked for being tardy they were 6 or 7 minutes late once or twice a month.

Amazing

Former Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Home Theater Sales Associate

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Well I worked in home theater and it was a great experience. You learn how to interact with customers and coworkers as well as management. You build social skills which cant be taught in an academical setting.

Cons

Constant change of management. Pay per hour isn't the greatest but its a beginner job so cannot expect much

Promote from inside the company not outside

Good Intro

Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate  in  Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun job, great people, good discounts. Best Buy was alwasy accomidating and a nice place to work. Managers tell you what to expect and provide incentives to reach goals.

Cons

Bad pay. The pay is below living wage and they do not really give raises even when transfrering to a more expensive area.

Great Company

Current Employee - Inventory Associate  in  Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Inventory Associate in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, fun place to work, discount is amazing. People you work with will be your best friends/new family.

Cons

Pay isn't all that great for the workload. Managers hire more employees than they need to staff so you end up not getting many hours. Also the company is going under.

Shouldn't focus on just one person in the team. Everyone is doing the same amount of work yet the like to be buddy buddy with one or two people.

Good sales experience

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned some good skills working at best buy. Customer service skills as well as communication and collaboration are all skills that you can take to any employer. Also, the best buy that I worked at had training videos to stay up to date with the latest appliances and technologies.

Cons

At the time that I worked there(2008-2010), they were barely giving out hours. Barely worked 20 hours per week.

Very good place to work at if you have a passion for teaching other about technology

I have been working at Best Buy

Pros

the pay is awesome. and most people you get to work with are also very knowledgeable and love their jobs. not a job you will hate going to.

Cons

the customers you get can be very stubborn and rude. they always think they know more than anyone in the store.

A Good Place to Work

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

The discounts are decent, the monthly bonuses are a huge plus, and the occasional free new products by vendors makes this job enjoyable. Training is easily accessible and the company is doing a good job to improve their weaker areas. Management, in general, is mostly trying to help you get better.

Cons

Wages are fairly low for the amount of work you do. It's hard to support yourself on this salary even if you are full-time. You will have to work most if not all weekends, all of the time.

Promotions, benefits, and time off tend to be great.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!