Best Buy

3.3 5,457 reviews

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly

Hubert Joly

(1,683 ratings)

Pros
  • Finally the employee discount is one of the best I have ever seen or heard of (in 681 reviews)

• Most of the people know what they are talking about and fun to work with (in 108 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance only exists under quality General Management which is rare (in 165 reviews)

• The pay was low, even for full time employees that have been there for a long time (in 163 reviews)

More Highlights
5,457 Employee Reviews

Best buy

Warehouse Inventory Lead (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsDiscount, Tuition reimbursement, great people

ConsLow pay, job security the higher you get on the totem pole

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what your employees are saying and problems that they face daily.

A great place to learn and have fun while making a little dough.

Computer Sales Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsThe company really is concerned with teaching the employees about the products and services they offer. Lots of virtual learning! Also, their sales training is excellent for retail.

ConsI thought being treated like a highly commissioned salesperson was kind of odd, since Best Buy definitely is not commission. So basically the incentive to sell more is not so great.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither raise pay or create a new bonus structure! Why should the top salesperson make the same amount as the worst salesperson? If this gets changed you may actually retain more good employees!

Currently a Great Work Envirnment

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate (Current Employee) Rochester, MN

ProsThere is a lot of opportunity in this location. The leadership is regarded with authority and respected while the employees strive to achieve whatever goals are given to them. Department supervisor is very understanding.

ConsCurrently understaffed making the work load higher per employee. Some of the corperate dictated decisions seem to not fit well with this location.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd recomend taking a little more time to consider what kinds of things you are truely willing to let slide that might be upsetting other employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A continuously evolving company that looks to the future and garners the strengths of it's people.

Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) Fullerton, CA

ProsWhile the brick and mortar world of retail is loudly crumpling under the weight of internet companies, Best Buy continues to find new ways to remain relevant and offer new and unique opportunities for people looking to cut their teeth in the business world. While they may seem like drones who spout information, their knowledge of technological trends and the knowledge of how everything works is no mistake. Each employee is offered the right amount of training in how to maximize a person's wants and needs when it comes to what they buy. Unique opportunities are available to widen an employees experience in running a business and how to operate any electronic under any circumstance.

ConsThe major issue with an ever evolving company is the amount of people that end up being lost in the shuffle. With a company as big as Best Buy, you will find that there are a lot of budget cuts that result in the loss of jobs and the derailment of careers.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile there are a lot of changes, the reliance of outside companies for supplemental support leads to a lot of discouragement. If you're going to rely on a company other than your own to do things, don't punish your employees for their incompetence. Either hold them accountable or make those jobs available to your employees as to create more positions and allow better service to your customers.

Hmm...

Prosmost people are friendly, lots of opportunity to change positions in the company.

Consneeds to have better attitudes in management, can be very man based when it come to careers within the company.

Good place to work.

Sales Support Associate (Current Employee)

ProsWill work with your hectic school schedule and starting pay is pretty decent.

ConsCustomers, training consists of computer e-learnings and not so much hands-on. You are pretty much on your own to learn everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore hands on training, less computer e-learnings.

Customer Service

Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsAwesome employees! Very helpful and hard working. Great staff to be around.

ConsTraining was terrible. I just had to learn things on my own most of the time. The training consisted of sitting on the computer in a back room and watching videos.

Stressful but good pay

Multi Channel Sales Associate (Current Employee) Clovis, CA

ProsIt's not easy to find a job that pays $9.50 an hour to a 17 year-old, and when I was 18 I started working 30-35 hours a week. Good benefits too, if management pays attention to bluecrew perks.

ConsI had no consistency in leadership. Unrealistic expectations. Short labor made for angry customers. I was a full-time student with 25 units and they refused to give me less than 30 hours a week during holiday.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great experience for first sales job!

Best Buy Mobile Lead (Former Employee)

ProsGreat leadership for the most part. Positive energy and you will learn a lot through your time working for best buy great first job!

ConsPay was not very good unless in leadership.

Store Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, people, and the employee discount

ConsLots of hours, work life balance

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!